EPILOGUE

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin kicked a small pebble into the water, creating ripples that distorted the reflection of the perfect moon on the water surface. He looked up and stared at the white full moon. It was just the same as the moon during the night Jongin had gathered his courage and confessed. He had been looking at the moon ever since.

            Jongin closed his eyes and opened his hands wide, feeling the night breeze through his fingers and hair. He smiled at the sound of waves lapping against the shore. They brought peace to his calm mind. He took a deep breath, taking in the taste of the sea breeze. A few seagulls cried as they flew across the already darkened sky.

Using a staff to balance himself, Jongin stood under the lighthouse. He stared ahead onto the horizon, looking at the sunset that wasn’t there anymore. A distance away, he thought he saw dolphins playing in the sea. He smiled without him realizing it. How he wished he could have shared these moments with Kyungsoo. How he wished Kyungsoo could be here with him right now.

He missed him. He missed his voice, he missed his touch, he missed seeing him. And he missed his smile more than anything. He missed how Kyungsoo would look up at him and say how beautiful the sunset was. He missed how Kyungsoo would hold on to his hands as they danced into the night. He missed everything.

Darkness dawned on the night sky. Jongin looked up and saw a shooting star flew past the vast blackened sky. Two bright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter