TWO

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The memory of the accident was as clear as day like a recording playing in Jongin’s mind. He would never ever forget that traumatic episode that made him lose what matters most to him. It was a perfect weather early in the morning, but Jongin could only stay cooped up in the house. He seated himself comfortably on the couch and switched on the TV. His pet puppy, Monggu jumped onto his lap and his face.

            “Hey, stop it boy,” Jongin laughed and patted Monggu’s head. Monggu eventually calmed down and settled on Jongin’s lap with its head on its paws. Jongin ran his hands across its furry back and the dog wagged its tail cheerfully.

            The news of a terrible car accident suddenly came on the TV. Jongin experienced an instance flashback. He was no longer on the couch in his house. The crutches were not beside him. Monggu was not on his lap. He was sitting in the seat of a car.

            “Wanna see a trick I learned a few days ago?”

            Jongin turned to his left and saw Chanyeol grinning from ear to ear, looking at him. He had his hands on the steering and gear, ready to perform the car racing trick he had been talking about. Jongin was happy for Chanyeol as he’d finally able to learn racing after dreaming of becoming a racer all his life.

            “Fire away, Chanyeol!” Jongin yelled excitedly, hanging his hand and head out of the window, enjoying the cool wind. He stretched his hand out the window to feel the cool breeze blowing in their direction. He breathed in the fresh air.

            “Buckle up and get ready to feel the fire!” Chanyeol yelled wildly as he slammed on the brakes and turned the steering wheel. Jongin was knocked sideways but luckily the seatbelt held him in place.

            “Whao!” Jongin held onto the door out of nervousness. The car went sideways. The tires screeched de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter