FIFTEEN

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Kyungsoo’s turn to be afraid of people’s looks and stares. His arms were wrapped around Jongin’s arm as they went out for a walk in the sun. You should get out for some fresh air, as how Jongin put it. Jongin made some jokes which managed to make Kyungsoo laughed. But his laughter soon died down when he realized he was laughing out loud in the public and people were giving him looks in return.

            “It’s alright, Kyungsoo,” Jongin said, staring into his eyes. And suddenly Kyungsoo thought, how funny the world is. For a moment, he was the one giving Jongin lectures in life. But now, Jongin was the one who was telling him not to give up on life. It’s funny how things could change in a heartbeat.

            It was during the afternoon, and having nothing to hide anymore, Kyungsoo went out with Jongin for a walk in the park right after his appointment with the doctor. Jongin even offered to accompany him to the hospital, but Kyungsoo rejected it. It was embarrassing enough to have him knowing about his condition. At least that’s how Kyungsoo sees it.

            Kyungsoo pulled his beanie further down towards his eyes, covering his forehead and ears so he wouldn’t hear what people were saying all around him. Jongin swung his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder, comforting him.

            “It’s okay, Kyungsoo,” he grinned at Kyungsoo, “We shouldn’t care about what other people say about us. That’s what you told me.”

            Kyungsoo nodded and chuckled lightly. Three weeks isn’t a long time. And he wanted to spend the most of it with Jongin. At least, he would be happy when he left. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and leaned his head onto Jongin’s broad shoulder. After turning in a few more alleys, they arrived at Jongin’s place. Once inside the house, Kyungsoo took off his beanie and hung it on the stand.

            “God, it sure is hot out there,” Kyungsoo exclaimed while fanning himself with his hand. They turned around and saw Jongdae staring at them. A moment of shock reflected through his eyes but they soon returned to normal.

            “Oh, so you already told him then?” Jongdae spoke. Jongin wasn’t sure if he was talking to him or Kyungsoo.

            “Well…yeah,” Kyungsoo looked uneasy as he nodded hesitantly while fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

Looking from his brother and to Kyungsoo, Jongin suddenly knew what this was all about.

            “You knew it all along,” Jongin glared at Jongdae, “And you didn’t tell me?”

            “We agreed to keep it a secret, Jongin,” Jongdae replied calmly, “Of course I’ll have to respect his privacy and keep my promise.”

            “But I’m your brother,” Jongin protested, “And you knew…you knew how much Kyungsoo means to me!”

            “I’m sorry, Jongin,” it was Kyungsoo who put his hand on Jongin’s shoulder, “I chose to tell him because he was overseas at that time. It’s safer…safer for my secret.”

            “Is that why you came back early?” Jongin turned tow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter