Date

Dear Son
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 9

 

Our kiss lasted just a couple of seconds until she suddenly move away in shocked. She suddenly realize what we were doing. I knew she could feel the familiar feeling of our kiss and that made her even more shocked. Her reaction after our kiss became like she just saw a ghost, looking into my eyes and covering her lips. I stood there waiting for her to say something, but instead she just walk away, scare without a single word.

 

Later that night I was waiting for Taemin in the restaurant that he wanted us to meet. While I was waiting I was thinking in the right words to tell him that we can only be friends. I repeat over and over in my head all the conversation that we were suppose to have. Me telling him that I care about him, that it was just my confusion, and maybe even that it could be someone else. But this last one was only as my last resource, and I will never tell who could that be.  

 

I felt almost confident about talking to him. But then again, it could be only the after math of my kiss with Haru. The waitress came to my table and I order a glass of wine. This restaurant was really nice, small but elegant and cosy. Illuminated with candles and white tablecloth. A few minutes later the waitress came with my order, she put the glass on the table and smile, I smile back looking at my glass. When she left, behind her a familiar figure was walking this way. It was Taemin. In that moment I saw him with a enthusiastically smile, I did a double take, it felt like I forgot how beautiful he look, how magnetic and irresistible his whole presence was.  It felt like the rest of the world disappear and there was only him. When he got close to me, his smile widened. It could be an illusion or light effect, but his eyes were shining like they have their own beautiful light.

 

-Hello-  he said. His bright brown eyes looked down at me from beneath a gray short-edges fendora. -It’s really nice seen you again- his voice sounded soft, I could almost felt his words creasing me.

 

I went numb, speechless. I just kept staring at him. I finally snapped up when the waitress came over to get Taemin’s order. 

 

-I’ll have the same- he told her pointing at my glass. Then the girl probably recognizing him as Shinee, smiled wider than she did to me and left trying to hide her embarrassed reaction. Taemin didn’t seem to notices. 

 

All that moment, all the speech I had prepare, all the conversation I played in my mind, all the words I reserved were completely gone from my mind. I felt numb, I felt some kind of spellbound. It was impossible for me to see a man so perfectly beautiful. The wall I was creating all these days in just one second it was completely destroyed.  

 

-Hi- Taemin greet me softly again.

 

-Hey- I reply nervously. I was nervous to have him here, so close. Definitely not the reaction I was expecting.

 

-Are you ok? - he asked me when he notices my silent. 

 

-I… just… - I couldn't answer the question, I didn’t feel my self at all. “I don’t know”. I finally say almost whispering. 

 

-Hey, this is just dinner with a friend, ok? don’t be nervous. We went out before.- He tried to make me feel comfortable. He’s probably thinking this whole deal of me dating another man have me all work out. That’s far from the true. 

 

When we finally order our dinner, we begin to talk about random things, about his trip to Japan, the places he got to meet, and some funny anecdote that happened with the other band members. We laugh about it, I was starting to feel much comfortable. Then I told him everything about the SM event, and the new choreography I came up with, I told him that I added some moves from Shinee. Specially from “Lucifer” which I believe that’s one of the most powerful dances Shinee have. In my conversation I avoid telling him about Haru. 

 

Then Taemin’s phone began to ring. 

 

-Hello- he answers. I took this opportunity to have another drink while giving Taemin a little bit of privacy with his call. I took my glass and have a small sip of the red wine. Taemin remained at the table, he was listening to the other person nodding slightly. That moment I couldn't help looking at him carefully. There was something mysterious in the way he looks when he’s not looking directly at you. Then I hear Taemin say:

 

-Mother, I can’t talk right now. I’m busy… Yes I’m back. I’ll see you tomorrow.- That’s all he said before finishing his call. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter