Something Familiar

Dear Son
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Hello, thank you so much for all your comments. Just out of curiosity I will like to know who do you like better, Kai and Taemin, or Kai and Haru? Thank you ;) )

 

CHAPTER 8

 

Taemin, 2015

Somewhere in Japan.

 

 

It’s already 10 pm in Korea, I thought by now Kai would have call me already. I don’t want to sound like a desperate teenage girl, but last night I notice Kai worry about something, and I’m afraid that he probably change his mind about us. I have my insecurities about relationships, I never had one, ever since I realize I wasn’t what everyone expected of me, I avoid getting to personal with anybody. I had girls confessing to me that they like me, and there is this other guy… well I don’t know how to describe him, but he seem to be to comfortable giving me a little extra attention, but I rather no mention him, It might be just me that I read to much in between lines. I don’t hide the fact that I think guys are attractive, must people probably knows. However, I never actually came out about it. I like to keep that fact as a rumor, so there’s still people who believe it’s completely a rumor and that I’m just picky about girls. And one of those people it’s my mother. I don’t have a good relationship with her since I can remember. When I was 14 years old I practically moved out of the house to go live at the dorms. Just going home once in a while specially when my  mother needed money, which I always give her. That’s the only way to keep her out of my business. When I was little I remember my mother  casting for hundreds of roles for difference kDramas, and only getting really small parts in a few of them. She never actually said it, but she acted like it was because of me that she had to give up her precious career as a singer. She got pregnant with me when she debuted as a singer in some old girls band. She was kick out a couple of months later when the manager found out about her pregnancy. And what it’s worst, my father who I never met, disappear. So when I debuted at 14 years old, she suddenly wanted to be the perfect mother. But I know she just want to be recognize as my mother hoping to get popularity.

 

Two days has pass since I talk to Kai, I haven’t hear from him. At this point I’m staring to believe Kai indeed change his mind. I understand his confusion, he’s probably freak out about whatever he’s feeling, but I admit that at least for a day I was really exited about my first real date, and most of all, that my date was with him. The thing is that I still remember the kiss, the touch of his soft lips, the taste of fresh mint, the rough touch from his hand on my neck pressing me to get closer. I want to feel him again at least one more time. 

I’m laying in my hotel room, resting from working all day when suddenly my phone vibrates, when I check to see, it was a message from Kai. That moment all my tiredness  disappear, I immediately open the message to read it.

 

 

 

Kai, 2015 (two days before)

Coffee Shop somewhere in Seul.

 

-Sorry I kept you waiting- Haru walk in to the coffee shop where she asked me to meet her next day after our conversation in the studio. Today she look specially youthful, tight jeans with white blouse with buttons in the front that she skip a couple on her cleavage just enough to keep a man wondering without revealing to much, and on top of that a short cardigan with a messy bun in her hair I still don’t understand how a a bun like that with small strand of hairs falling from everywhere can look so y, and finally oversize black sunglasses, make her face look so delicate. I swear today she doesn’t look more than her early ’30s

 

-Don’t worry. I didn’t wait that long- I reply politely but it could be obvious that I’m nervous because she look at me with amusement. 

 

-Thanks for coming. I just wanted the opportunity to talk to you. I’m pretty sure you know why- She said taking her sunglasses off and revealing her bright beautiful eyes.

 

-Mmh.. I’m not quite sure. - I answer

 

-Well, first of all. I’m sure you know that Suho isn’t your real father, you didn’t looked to shock yesterday when I showed you the photo, son. Please, I just need to know what happened, if you know anything.- But before I could say anything, a girl came up to us asking for our order. Haru asked for an expresso. Just like Suho, I never saw her drink coffee before.

 

-I’ll have a cappuccino please- I told the girl. She stared at me a little to long, and her cheeks flush when I notice her, but I didn’t pay any attention to her, I was captivated by the woman in front of me.  

 

-Well, were where we?- Haru drag back the attention to the subject.

 

-yes, I know that Suho is not my real father, but I really don’t know anything about the man in you photo. - I explained. What else am I suppose to say. Whatever I could tell her it was going to be a lie after a lie. But the fact that she care enough to find me, even now, make me want to tell her everything. We talked for a while, we had our drinks and she begin to sake me all kind of questions about my life and even if I knew who my mother was. I kind of hint a little bit of jealousy in her voice. I guess the thought of Jongin moving on, falling in love again and having a child made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter