Birthday Boy

Dear Son
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13

 

Jongin, 1993

Somewhere in South Korea.

 

 

I walk all night with no direction, just holding the bag with the stuffed animal I bought for him. I couldn’t stop crying, I was in pain and I wanted to scream. I lost my son without not even knowing exactly what happened. Did I do something with the stupid watch that make it everything different? I’m trying to thing exactly what change. Everything add up for Taemin to be my child: His birthday, the love for dancing, the disappearance of his father, and even Haru saying that I could have been a great father.  When did all this signs stopped been about me? When did that guy came into the picture? And most important, how did Taemin end up with my fathers bracelet?  I was heart broken and confused. 

 

After walking for many hours, I end up in Suhos’s house. I explained everything to him and how devastated I felt. I begin to cry letting my head rest in his lap for a moment. 

 

-Cry, little brother. maybe tomorrow you will feel better. - He said comforting me. 

 

-I lost my son!- I sob.

 

-Jongin, you didn’t lose anything brother, You never had a son. But now you can live your life, maybe get marry and have your own kids. - Suho was trying to make me feel better. It wasn’t working, but at least it was a little more comforting talking to him. 

 

-Brother. you told me that if it wasn’t because of Haru and her baby, you probably would had stayed in 2015. Why don’t you go back. There is nothing stoping you know.- Suho said.

 

-What? you know I can’t. You said it your self. You can’t get the pieces from the device in this era.- I told him, I didn’t wanted to be reminded what I left in 2015.

 

-Yes, I said that I can’t get it in this time. But the device doesn’t need any piece, it’s working fine. Where did you get the idea that it was useless, it’s still working.- Suho grab from his drawer the watch looking thing and gave it to me. I hold it like it was the first time I seen it.

 

-I assumed it didn’t work because the first time it completely explode.- 

 

-Well, I guess I fix that error now, and I made it work… Go back, bro. Meet me in the future, I’ll be waiting for you. - He told me with a smile, he was encourage me to go back to 2015. 

 

I thought for a moment, looking at the watch thinking in all my possibilities. But then it occur to me that Taemin from the future that I knew doesn’t exist anymore, even  before I left he began to have memories that never happened. There is nothing for me there anymore. Then I thought about it. There was one place I wanted to see in the future, I was curious about. So I took the watch and went back home. It was time to use it again. 

 

 

Jongin 1993

Jonging’s room

 

 

 

I went to my room and open one of my drawer getting something out of it. Then I began to set the watch to the time I wanted to visit. I knew that by that time Suho already was leaving in this house. My plan was to go, see what I wanted to see and come back so  my mother won’t worry.

 

So I push the buttons and the watch begin to beep just like the first time, in within a seconds I was in a different room. It looked just like a guess room. It was my old room, but it wasn’t Yuna’s yet, it was just a guess room. It was night so everyone was probably sleeping. SO quietly I walk out of the room and out of the house. I could see that I was in the future. In 2001 future. Taemin’s 8th Birthday. 

 

 

Jongin, 2001

Some street in South Korea.

 

 

There was already daylight by the time I arrived to the address. I wasn’t sure exactly which house was it, but I remember Taemin telling me that he grow up in this area. So I was hopping to see Haru, the guy she was wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter