The Reunion

Dear Son
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14

 

Kai, 2015

 

Somewhere in South Korea.

 

 

    I haven’t thought of anything. I want to put to much thinking into it. I’m finally back in 2015 and I don’t know what awaits me. Will I still have some chance with Taemin? Will he still feel attraction for me? I don’t know what’s going t happen or how different everything will be now, all I know was that I need to come. 

 

    I”m sitting in the bus that it’s going to take me to SM Entertainment. The streets look exactly the way they look the first time I came to 2015. Nothing looks different. Tall buildings, busy streets, and people coming and going. Every moment I get closer to SM, I get a little more nervous. There this hole in my stomach. I’m scare of what will happen if Taemin doesn’t care about me. Or what if he have someone in his life?. I feel like I’m walking blind in the middle of the night. Any moment I can run into something and fall. 

 

    While sitting in the bus, a girl next to me was trying to make some conversation. She told me she was heading to SM for an audition and that she was nervous. I talk to her for a moment so I can distract myself from all my thoughts. We talk all the ride to SM, but a ringing from somebody’s phone was getting annoying.

 

-Someone should get that- I told her, when the ringing didn’t stop.

 

-I think that’s yours- She said to me, pointing at my front pocket.  

 

-No, I don’t…- I was going to say that I didn’t have a phone, but the moment I touch my back pocket I felt the flat surface of a phone. I took it out and realize it was my first iPhone. The one Suho got me when I was in 2015 the first time. And it was ringing.

 

-Hello?- I answered not really knowing who could be calling this line. I don’t know how this phone end up with me.

 

-Bro, finally! Where are you?- The familiar voice sound from the receiver.

 

-Hyung?… How did you…? How come this it’s working?-

 

-I been waiting so long for this to work. Back in 1993 I put the phone in your pocket when you were crying in my lap the night you found out about Taemin. I knew you were coming back to 2015. I wasn’t sure exactly when you were coming, so I’ve been calling this number once a month since January hoping to find you. So tell me where are you?   

 

-I don’t understand how this thing even made it trough… my trip- I remember that I was in public. I couldn’t say the word “Time”. Then I continue. -Anyway, I’m in a bus right now.-

 

-I need you to stop you right there. Please bro, wait for me somewhere, we need to talk. There is something really important we need to discuss.- 

 

The tone on Suho’s voice sounded serious. I had the feeling that something bad was about to happen. Maybe a bad news. Now I was more nervous.

 

 

 

 

Jongin, 2015

Some coffee shop in South Korea.

 

I waited for Suho a little anxious, just looking all around. I had the feeling that I wasn’t going to like the conversation we were about to have. Finally I saw him walking into the shop. There he was, just like I left him in 2015. An adult good looking man. When he saw me, immediately recognize me.

 

-Bro, It’s amazing to see you after all this time. You’re look the same, you haven’t change…. Well, I guess that make sense when you…- Suho kept scanning me from head to toes really impress to see me like he hasn’t see me in years. Well, he hasn’t see me in years. To me it’s been only a day. -I missed you, little bro.- He said giving me a hug.

 

-I missed you too.- I said, even though I didn’t really miss him. How can you miss someone you see every day. But definitely I was happy to see him again. -I’m still trying to figure out how did my phone appear out of nowhere when you called me.- I say putting my iphone on the table.

 

-It didn’t appear out of nowhere. You brought it with you when you came back from 2015, then I put it there, in your pocket, when you were crying on my lap the last night you came to my house. I guess it was the night you knew Taemin wasn’t your son. I figure you been coming here to this year and you might need it. 

 

-Wow, well that’s a relief. But anyways, what is that thing so important that you need to tell me.- I ask.

 

Suho lower his head and sight, he was looking for the right words to begin.

 

-It’s everything alright?- I asked him nervously.

 

-Yes, I think everything is fine. There is just a few things you should know. Thing are little different than what you told me it was going to happen. So I wanted to give you a head up before you made any decisions.-

 

-What is it, hyung?.- I ask. I wasn’t to surprise to know that things might have change from where I left 2015 the first time. But what Suho told me next I was not expecting at all.

 

-Bro. You know I love you and I respect you. I been waiting for you all these years. I made some decision base on what you told me.-

 

-Like what? you invented youtube?- I asked. Although

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter