Chapter 5

Broken

“Yah Ji… what’s wrong with you…? You’re no fun…”

She elbowed him when she noticed that he was spacing out… they were out in a bar together with her other friends… he was late and now he’s spacing out… she raised a brow when he just looked at her in return…

She knew he has a girlfriend… doesn’t really care if she’s ruining someone else’s precious relationship… she wants him and she knows he wants her too… so what’s the point of restraining herself…?

She saw ‘her’ that day they got caught, and instantly she knew why he got tired of ‘her’… ‘she’ looked so nice… more of on the boring side…and probably nothing compared as to what fun she could give him…

She called his attention once again… but still he just looked at her with dead eyes… irritated by his sudden mood, she stood up from their seat and left him to just have fun with her friends… she doesn’t like dealing with someone else’s problems… such a bother to ruin her own mood… she left him there alone staring blankly at the dancing people… drown deep in his own thoughts…

--

Despite the great suppression he did earlier… his curiosity kicked in that made him follow their tracks… hiding himself behind the crowded place… he watched how they talk with each other so casually… its been so long since he last saw her playful side… or probably it was because he wasn’t paying much attention to her this past year…

He was left standing in the middle of the passing people… face was blank…and eyes were set on the two as they walk slowly away from his sight… what was he doing…? He kept on asking himself…what’s with the sudden empty feeling inside of him…? Never did he expect his guilt would swallow him this much…

Never did she mention being acquainted with Jaejoong before… seeing the other guy teasing her so casually… they know each other well… but he made sure to himself that it wasn’t jealousy that he was feeling… what for…? If he doesn’t feel a single thing for her anymore… it was just all because of curiosity… he assumed…

He’s supposed to go to Cl minutes ago… his phone was totally ignored as it constantly rang inside his pocket… ‘curiosity’ totally fed his wholeness that he forgot everything around him even the reality that he doesn’t have any rights to be curious about her anymore…

It’s only been a week since they broke up… but there he was… following her just because another guy came in the picture… the two constantly argued along the way… but he totally saw it differently…

Since when did she become so comfortable with other people…? As far as he knows she wasn’t really a talker in front of others… only stayed in her comfort zone which was him and her friends… but now…

--

He shook his head of his thoughts… he spotted a glass of alcohol and immediately drunk it… he shifted his gaze towards the busy partying people… and after his second shot, he stood up and went to his new girl who was now grinding her body with the group of people on the dance floor…

He grabbed her by the waist… suddenly imagined ‘her’ face when he grabbed her from the group of guys… and without second thoughts he crushed his lips on hers… he closed his eyes but still ‘her’ face welcomed the supposed darkness he should see…

He quickly let go of Cl… and looked away… she then grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer to her…

“Done with your problem…?”

She twirled her finger along the strand of his hair… he just looked at her and forced out a smirk… hiding the forming confusion inside his head and a tinge of pain inside his chest…

--

She went back to her apartment with an annoyed look plastered on her face… she heard her phone rang and saw that her friend’s calling her… her brows raised in wonder as to why Bom’s calling her…

She slipped in the key to her apartment’s door before answering her phone…

“Dara… where are you…?”

She went inside her room and slumped down on her bed…

“Home…”

She said as she closed her eyes… somehow the day that had passed brought much tiredness in her small frame…her friend noticed her irritated tone…

“Is there something wrong…?”

Bom asked in worry that made her smile a bit… her best friend knows her too well… she opened her eyes and sit up from her bed as she sighed…

“I’m fine… just some school stuff…”

Remembering the incidents earlier really makes her blood boil… Jaejoong and her were supposed to go around and look for the giveaways for the booth they were assigned to… she just wanted to finish everything fast… for it means they’ll be out of each others sights quick too…Jaejoong being the jerk she knew… kept on irritating her… not paying attention to what she says and not really paying attention to what they supposed to do worse was he left her while she was looking inside one shop…

“Oh… is that so…”

Bom said in relief… Dara stood up from her bed and decided to go to her kitchen to make some dinner but she was made to a stop when her eyes caught something when she was about to leave her room…

Just when her mind is cleared from everything about him…

She unconsciously gripped tightly on her phone… brows slowly connecting with each other as her gaze locked on the little frame resting on her desk… two familiar figures… a familiar place and a familiar event…

How could the two figures look so in-loved inside that wooden frame… how could he look so genuine looking at her with those eyes on that place… and how could he look so sincere telling her how much he loved her during those times…

The next thing she knew was her vision got blurred… felt a familiar sting in her eyes… together with the tightening feeling inside her chest….

‘Saranghae…’

As if he was really there… as if he just spoke of that word… she gasped and almost forgot the phone she’s been holding if not for her friend’s voice that brought her back again…

“Dara-ah…”

She quickly looked away from frame and wiped off her tears as she cleared out …

“Ah… Bommie-ah…by the way… what… what made you call…?”

Her voice turned out normal… giving herself a credit for she was able to pretend smoothly… a moment of silence before she heard her friend heaved up a sigh…

“Well… I’m just checking on you… and I’m here downtown, together with the others… if you have time and if you want, you can join us too…”

Bom’s voice sounded with hesitation… maybe Dara wasn’t able to hide her sadness from her friend completely after all…

“I’m sorry… I can’t go out tonight….”

Her voice trailed off which made the other woman on the other line got more worried…

“Maybe next time…”

Dara continued but with an enthusiastic tone this time… she couldn’t make her friends worry about her too much… such a simple problem that she should shoulder on her own was enough…

Bom didn’t push in some more… probably knowing that her friend needed more time to be alone…

“If you need something… just call us arasso..?”

Dara slightly smiled… and more tears filled her eyes… still couldn’t hide from herself that the one thing she needed was now the one thing she couldn’t have the most…