Chapter 12

Broken

She looked over to his seat... her eyes fluttered in sadness and she let out a sigh as she turned her gaze back ahead…

Her brows furrowed in worry… now gaze set towards the door, waiting for ‘him’ to finally come in…

It’s already been a week since she last saw Jiyong… and the last time she saw him was he looked really lost… admitted to herself that she’s still paying much of her attention to him… that instead of forgetting about everything between them, she couldn’t help herself but to watch him from afar… would steal glances of him whenever she got a chance… and upon watching him… she doesn’t like what she saw the past week… he just look too far from he really is…

And even if it’s too painful for her to watch him in that state… she couldn’t help but to be just rooted on her spot… for she’s not someone who should be taking care of him anymore… even, she’s not someone who should be watching over him…

half opened when she thought he would be finally the one who came in… but much to her disappointment, it was their professor… and realizing that he wouldn’t be in class again today…

She had asked his friends about him… but they don’t know either what’s happening to Jiyong… he would always be out whenever they would visit him in his unit… he wasn’t even in the place he usually goes to.

She got more curious as to what he’s been up to when she checked her missed calls, finding his number in it… thinking it was the time when her phone went off… why did he tried calling her that night…? She thought…

The period quickly passed… with her in a trance, still worriedly thinking about him…

She sighed in defeat… for no matter how she thinks of him… it would be all useless… just adding up to her torture… just hurting herself more…

“Yo…”

She glanced to her side, finding Jaejoong wearing his usual sly smile… and finally, a warm smile curved on her lips when she smiled back to him…

They were almost together for the whole past week… busy preparing for the school’s fair… busy fooling around… she finally grew fond of him… there were times he would be such an annoying brat… but there would be also times that he would be like an older brother to her, giving her a shoulder when she would be in a trance again… surprising her just like the night she had and encounter with Jiyong…

“I just found a toy shop that sells cheaper when we buy it wholesale…”

He was holding on a leaflet… she watched him… almost laugh at the seriousness of his face… her brows rose… it’s her first time seeing him this eager about their project…

He stopped with his tracks… as he snapped his gaze to her…

“What…?” he asked in a flat voice…

“Nothing…” she answered back with a smile and continued with her tracks…

He raised a brow before he walked up to her…

“Tssk… you creep me out sometimes you know…”

He blurted out which made her to look at him in disbelief… having her jaw dropped… look who’s talking about being creep now…? She thought…

“Whatever Jae…”

She just rolled her eyes even before she could start being annoyed with him…

She heard him laugh right before they could enter their classroom… gathering the attention of their other classmates…

“Are you two going out now…?”

She heard one of her classmates asked… making her eyes wide open in shock… she even heard Jaejoong behind her choked from his own laugh…

“What..! Of course not..!”

She immediately waved her hands in front of her… looking over to Jaejoong seeking for help but the guy just shrugged it off, as he quietly went to his seat.

“Oh… we thought you were… coz you were always together… and plus, what’s wrong with that right Dara-sshi…? You two look good together…”

She could just look at them in disbelief… of course they needed to be together because of their project… she then quickly escaped her classmates as she shivered about the thought of her and Jaejoong being together… she couldn’t just see any connection between them…

She grumpily went to her seat… throwing Jaejoong a glare once she passed by him… only to earn a laugh from him…

But before she could even retaliate back, their professor came… she could just hiss on her seat… hearing his teases all throughout the period, she almost burst out in anger… oh how much she just wanted to hit him with her chair…

“Aisht… you’re liking it earlier… aren’t you…?”

She gritted her teeth as she asked him after class… her eyes were into tiny slits as she eyed him…

“Not as much as you liked it…” he answered with a laugh, hanging his bag on his shoulder and ready to go…

“Oh God Jaejoong…! Can you hear yourself… oh please…”

She ran her hands over each of her arms as if she felt the shivers with what he said… he smirked at her as he placed a hand on her shoulder before he spoke…

“I’m sorry Dara… but you’re just not my type…”

Eyeing her from head to toe before he let out a chuckle once again… with that, he started with his tracks, going out of the room, leaving her behind… Dara’s eyes widen as the shock of her life finally hit her… she stayed stiff for a while before what he said finally sunk into her…

“Yah…! Kim Jaejoong…! Get back in here…!”

She ran to catch up to him… wearing a very mad face, her cheeks were flushed red as if any moment she would burst out…

And as soon as she reached the door… she hit herself hard with someone on the way out…

She almost bounced back and fell if not for a hand quickly grabbed her arms and pulled her back… making her to lean forward and hug the person she just collided with…

As if everything around her suddenly stopped… feeling the familiar warmth that started to linger on her body… she then suddenly felt her heart raced wildly… and her breathing started to hitch as she felt a very odd feeling creeping inside her body…

“Are you okay…?”

And upon hearing that familiar voice, her eyes widen and mouth opened in surprise… her body went all stiffened… unable to react from that voice… as she suddenly got lost for words to say…

‘What’s happening…?’

Confusion suddenly filled her mind…is she hearing things now… just because she was too worried and she misses him…? Only to be answered when she felt the man pulled her out from the hug…

There he is… looking down at her with a smile plastered on his lips… looking at her again with those loving eyes… far from the dead orbs she saw in him the last week…

She could only gasp… couldn’t mutter a word, couldn’t even blink her eyes, afraid that he will suddenly vanish from her sight.

“Are you hurt..? You shouldn’t be running around… you could hurt yourself...”

And there goes his voice again… that familiar warm voice, ironic for it could still send chills down to her spine…

And there goes her heart once again…drumming like crazy, louder than her voice could sound…