Chapter 9

Broken

Jaejoong pulled her closer to his body… hand slowly dropped from his side after wiping off the tears on her cheek… he didn’t bother asking what’s happening while she on the other hand stayed glued on her spot, surprised as to why he’s there…Jaejoong turned his gaze towards the other two in front of them… wearing an unexplained expression on his face…

Jiyong stared back at him… almost glaring the other guy… his jaw tightened a bit as he gritted his teeth… Jaejoong looked at Cl first and smiled towards her before his gaze landed to Jiyong and the curve on his lips slowly vanished… for a while his gaze stayed lock on the other guy who seemed to be holding himself back from exploding in anger… Jaejoong’s brows raised a bit, lips pursed as his eyes travelled from Jiyong’s head to toe as if scrutinizing the man in front of him…

Dara then woke up from her trance upon feeling Jaejoong’s grip tightened on her shoulder, making her to turn her gaze ahead, landing on the other two… she gulped when she caught Jiyong’s gaze landed towards her… she swore, that was the most uncomfortable moment in her life… 

“Let’s go…”

Jaejoong suddenly said… catching her a bit off guard as he started with his tracks, slowly dragging her with him… she couldn’t do a thing but be dragged by him… she looked to her side, enough to see Jiyong’s expression… he was staring at them, especially at her… Dara then felt her insides were being crushed just because of the way Jiyong looks at her…

“Don’t look back…”

She then suddenly heard Jaejoong whispered.

“Huh…?”

The only thing she could manage to say, shifting her gaze towards Jaejoong who was looking ahead… he didn’t answer her back, instead he just stayed quiet… Dara then decided to just have her head bowed down… lips a bit quivering for a reason she doesn’t even know… Jaejoong looked down at her… he could feel that she’s a bit trembling but he stayed quiet and could only tighten his hold around her, pulling her closer to his warmth.

--

He watched them as they slowly drifted away from his sight…just earlier, he felt like he’s going to burst… seeing another guy holding what ‘was’ his… holding her as if she’s the most delicate thing… it just added more to the heaviness he’s feeling inside… how could he look stupid in front of them, unmoving, and even holding his breath upon seeing Jaejoong wiping off the tears on her cheek… there’s nothing between them anymore… ages ago that it’s already been ended by him… she could see anyone she wants to see… but what’s with the sudden anger…? 

He saw how Dara tried to look back at him… but stopped and instead looked away… and just then a sudden urge pushed him to advance towards the two… not really knowing why he should talk to her… why he should see her… only to be stopped by hand holding his wrist… 

He looked back and saw Cl looking at him with an unreadable expression on her face…

“What do you think you’re doing…?”

She asked him… and a clear anger could be felt from her voice… 

Jiyong just looked back at her… couldn’t even let out a voice to explain for he too doesn’t know why he’s acting that way…

He blinked… shifted his sight down as his brows scrunched and he let out a deep sigh… 

“I’m going home…”

He coldly said as he freed himself from her hold and started with his tracks…

“Wait… Jiyong..!”

Cl called him but he didn’t bother stopping from his fast tracks or even to look back at her… 

He walked fast… even hitting the people he would meet… worse than a drunk man… for he couldn’t feel anything, couldn’t hear anything probably only his own breath and the fast pace of his heart… he had his head bowed down the whole time… imagining ‘their’ backs as they were walking away from him… is this what he wants to happen…? He asked himself… but until now… all of his questions were left unanswered… 

He then suddenly stopped… the street was now empty…as a gust of cold wind brushed through him but he couldn’t do anything, as if he’s already used to it… for whoever know when, the feeling of warmth had already left him ages ago… couldn’t find what he needed for that warmth to return to him…and as he lifted his head up… gazing across the street, a flash of memory hit his head… the same street ‘they’ used to pass through back then… hand in hand… 

He looked down on his hand… the same hand ‘she’ used to hold… was now feeling cold and empty… and just then a drop of tear fell on it… 

His vision went blurry… felt his head spinning from too much exhaustion… slowly his hand turned into a fist... as he closed his eyes trying to stop himself from crying…

After a while, a loud thud was heard… and the next thing he felt was his knuckles were burning from a great pain… and a wave of tear escaped his eyes… he let out a loud grunt… punching the wall next to him…

“Stupid..! ing so stupid…!”

He shouted while he continued punching the wall… not minding his already bleeding fist… the bones he may had broke… pouring all of his anger and frustrations on the lifeless thing… he cursed, shouted… and it was all directed to himself… after a while he stopped… leaning his head on the wall… dropping his hands on his sides as if he couldn’t feel the pain on his abused hand… he started bawling… until he slowly slipped down… kneeling in front of the wall… 

The once silent street got replaced by the sound of his cries… never was he this pathetic… never he was this frustrated to himself… never was he this mad to himself… 

He continuously cursed himself… said the same things over and over again… the hand that ‘she’ loved to hold back then was now drenched with his own blood… 

But that wasn’t enough… he thought… those pains that he caused her doesn’t deserve to be exchanged by a mere broken hand… a fragile jewel like her doesn’t deserve only a bucket of tears from him… 

He thought freeing himself away from her would give him the happiness he’s been wanting, the contentment he’s been seeking from another woman… but now… it’s only been days that passed… seeing her in another man’s arms… seeing the same pained expression on her face… left him cold and broken… far from the happiness and contentment that he’s been looking for… 

“Dara-ah…”

He said between his tears… calling for her… but only silence could be heard in exchange…

--

After a while, he let go of her… she still had her head bowed down while he just settled his hands inside his pockets… 

They continued to walk… none of them tried to break the silence… not until she stopped from her tracks, startling Jaejoong a bit…

“Jaejoong-sshi… what were you doing there…?”

She finally spoke as she lifted her head to face him… no more tears could be seen from her eyes…face was back from being calm and lips already stopped from trembling… she saw the innocent look on his face as he looked down at her… which made her raised a brow… 

He laughed at her expression for a bit before he started with his tracks again… Dara’s eyes widen and she quickly ran up to him…

“Yah..! I’m asking you…!”

“What’s with the Jaejoong-sshi… it creeps me out…”

He said while chuckling… Dara bit her lower lip and tugged on his shirt to make him stop…

“Fine..! What were you doing back there Jaejoong..?”

He reached for her hand and pulled it away from his shirt as he started walking again…

“I forgot that I needed to go to a friend’s house first… then I saw you there spacing around again… that’s really not a nice hobby you know...”

He watched her through the side of his eyes… and saw her pouted her lips after she catch up to him… a smile crept out from the side of his lips and waited for her to retaliate back.

“Then why do you have to hug me and stuff…”

She whispered with her lips still pouted…

He rolled his eyes before he slipped one of his hands out and lifted it to hang around her shoulders once again…

“Oh this…? As if you didn’t like it Dara-sshi…” he chuckled after…

Dara’s eyes widen once again before she jumped out of his hold…

“Oh please… you don’t know how disgusted I am when you did that earlier..!”

Jaejoong scoffed before placing his hand back inside his pocket.

“That was not what I saw earlier…” 

He hummed… which made Dara’s expression turned blank once again… she walked beside him as silence enveloped them once again…

“Aren’t you going to ask me about what happened there…?”

She whispered as she bowed down… Jaejoong kept his gaze ahead… 

“Do you want me to..?”

He asked her back… she lifted her head and shook it no…

“Then I guess I don’t have to… plus… I really don’t care… I’m not really into dramas…”

Here he goes again with his cockiness… she rolled her eyes and scoffed… after a while she turned to him.

“So… here’s my stop… “She said as looked up to him, not really meeting his gaze… he smirked and nodded.

“Okay… my friend’s house is still a few blocks away… see you...”

He turned his back to her and was about to continue his way when she called him…Jaejoong looked back and waited for her.

“Thank you…”

She smiled at him… while he wore that unreadable expression on his face again.

“Just quit spacing around… you look dumb whenever you do that…”

Her jaw dropped and looked at him in disbelief but after a while she smiled…

“Arasso arasso…”

With that, he turned around and started with his tracks…

“Good night Jaejoong..!”

He just waved his hand back in return… she sighed… he maybe a jerk and weird sometimes but she’s definitely grateful to him for saving her that night…