Chapter 13

Broken

“How did it go…?”

Youngbae finally asked him… couldn’t contain the deafening silence from his friend… they were at their building’s rooftop… that is, where Youngbae found Jiyong alone earlier when they’re supposed to have lunch together with their other friends… 

Jiyong looked up… finally snapped out from his long trance, he looked ahead… watching the fair blue sky, he could only let out a bitter smile…

“Fine… I guess…”

He weakly said… before dropping his gaze and brows started to furrow as he remembered what happened earlier with his ‘reunion’ with Dara…


--
 

Oh how I missed looking at her face… those beautiful round eyes… her cute pointy nose and those lips… how I missed holding her in my arms… her petite body that’s perfectly fit in my arms… such foolishness for letting go everything just because of my childish needs… 

I thought I’ll cry upon staring at her… but I managed to smile… managed not to break in front of her because right in the first place, I don’t have even a tinge of right to show that to her… 

If only I could just hug her tight right there at that moment… shower her face with kisses… tell her how much I missed her… how stupid I am to forget that she’s the woman that I love… tell her right at that moment that I want her back…but it’s all too difficult… all too different now… especially when her surprised face slowly changed… especially when the eyes that once looked at me with so much love in it got replaced with a clear anger… and especially when I slowly felt her drift away from my arms… 

Am I really too late now Dara-ah…?

The blankness in her face scared me… and the way she distanced herself away from me was much more excruciating… as if I have some kind of disease that she doesn’t want to get infected from…

And before I knew it, her friend had already stepped in and took her away… 
 

--
 

“You know it won’t be easy to have her back right…?”

I looked over my shoulder when I felt him tapped it… I could only let out a sigh… yet the heaviness inside my chest won’t leave…

“I know…”

But no matter how difficult it may be… I want to have her back… and even though I don’t deserve her now, I still want her back… that is, if she would let me in her heart again… 




--


“Dara-ah…”

I looked up as I heard Bom calling me… and her worried face welcomed me as I did… I immediately blinked my eyes and dropped my gaze on my still untouched food, brushing away the thoughts that have been bugging my mind… 

“Are you okay…?”

I heard her asked, and again… I looked up and forced myself to let out a smile… as if it’s automatic for me to smile whenever she would ask me that… I just don’t want her to be worried about me… 

My brows furrowed when I heard her sighed… 

“It’s because of what happened earlier is it…?”

My eyes widen a bit with what she said… I heard her sighed once again… while I could only bow down on my food and bit my lower lip…

“I was just…”

I started… but couldn’t finish my sentence for right at the start; I don’t even know what to tell her… because no matter how I dig in my thoughts to say something… I would just remember what happened earlier… his face… those eyes… the same eyes that looked at me with much love in it back then was staring at me awhile ago… and those lips… those lips that would flutter my heart with every loving word that he would tell me back then was warmly smiling at me again earlier… 

I should be happy to see him after a week of not seeing him…I should be happy that he’s now far from the sad man I saw weeks ago… but seeing him like that… how he casually hold me brought more pain in my already broken heart… and the least thing that I want to feel suddenly bloomed inside me… for somehow… I felt mad upon seeing him like that… 

For at the back of my mind…something’s telling that I shouldn’t be happy with what I am seeing… there would always be this another girl that he had smiled to just the way he smiled at me… there would always be this another girl that he had told those same sweet nothings aside from me… and there would always be this another girl that he had told with those arms aside from me… and probably what made me more mad was the fact that, that another girl was now the one that owns him… 

I was glad Bom was there… I don’t know how long I would be glued on my spot, staring at him… showing him how pathetic I probably looked like… that until on that moment, I still couldn’t look at him with ease… while he on the other side, looked far from the broken that I am…

“I want to completely forget him Bom… move on just like how he did… but no matter how I try, I always end up thinking about him… I’m so sorry… it’s just so hard…”

The next thing I felt was my lips started to quiver… tears started to form inside my eyes and Bom’s hand on top of mine…

“There’s nothing to be sorry about Dara-ah… it’s natural for you to feel that way… just let time heal that pain inside of you… don’t force yourself too much because it would just hurt you more… just remember that there we’re always here for you… and there’s someone better out there who deserves you more…”

I could only look at her… be dazed at her words… if what she said was true… I just wish that time would pass quickly… so that I wouldn’t feel any more pain… and may time erase all the memories of him… I’m just already tired of thinking about him… 
 

--


I blinked my eyes as the sound of the bell rang around my ears… only to realize that another day had passed without me, really noticing it… for days, I tried to approach her… but clearly, she had been avoiding me… the distance between us grew more, and I am afraid that I am already too late to save it… I don’t know what I am supposed to tell her once I got the chance to talk to her… I don’t have any plans on how to get her back… probably plead her to get back with me… but I don’t care… I just want to tell her how much I love her… and I want to know if she too still feel the same for me… 

I looked outside the window of our class room… the once fair weather was now all gloomy and dark… cold breeze brushed through the trees… even the weather’s joining me in my agony… but then… as the first drop of rain hit the ground… slowly, a smile formed on my lips as a thought flashed through my mind… 


--


I looked up to the heavens and let out a deep sigh… just earlier it was all sunny and now…? 

I pouted and dropped my shoulders in defeat as I slumped myself down on the end of the stairs… just when I didn’t bring my umbrella… but come to think of it… I never brought one before…

And my eyes fluttered in sadness as again… memories of Jiyong flashed inside my mind… of course, it’s because he always brings one for me… of course, it’s because he said that I don’t need to bring one for myself because he liked it more if we would share a single umbrella… I let out a light chuckle from it… until now; I still ended up thinking about him… so much for trying to forget Jiyong… for even just the rain reminds me of him… 

I stayed seated… looking on the ground as I waited for the rain to stop… I’m sure Jaejoong would be pissed at me if I meet him late… I should’ve just not told him to go to the store first… 

Another sigh escaped my throat as the rain grew heavier… how am I supposed to meet him..? Or even go home with this…?

And just then, as I was contemplating a plan on how to go home… I was startled when someone suddenly stopped in front of me… I immediately looked up and my eyes widen upon seeing who it was…
 

--


I immediately grabbed my things while holding on to my umbrella… the smile on my face was inerasable as I quickly dragged myself out of our classroom… I’m sure she doesn’t have an umbrella with her… I just know her too well…

I prayed for the rain not to stop immediately and thanked God when I heard it got heavier… I searched for her everywhere… grew uneasy when I didn’t reach her in her classroom… 

I glanced outside the window from the second floor… and my heart jumped in rejoice upon seeing her alone… seated at the end of the stairs… clearly waiting for the rain to stop…

Without thinking twice, I sped off to where she is… my mind was blank… all I want was to finally be with her… the smile on my lips grew wider when I was almost there… 

But then… when I was finally a couple of feet away from her… my tracks slowed down… the smile on my lips slowly vanished as I saw another man standing in front of her… holding onto an umbrella… Jaejoong was looking down at her… 

I could only watched them from my spot… my arms dropped on both of my sides as I saw her startled look eventually turned to a smiling one… and just then… another pain struck my heart when I saw him got her bag and helped her to stand up… 

Oh how I restrained myself not to charge towards him and beat him for even touching her… almost forgot that she’s not mine to possess anymore… 

I tried to smile… at least he has a spare umbrella… but still failed to do so as my lips started to quiver… falsely blaming it to the cold breeze brought by the rain… 

I should be the one holding her now… I should be the one holding an umbrella over us… I should be the one keeping her warm… but here I am now… watching her with another man doing the things I should be the one doing… 

And just like that… I pathetically watched them as they go together… leaving me in so much defeat… leaving me yet broken again….

I turned around… about to go to the other way when again, I was stopped… I looked up and saw Bom looking at me with a blank expression on her face… would she mock me for what I just saw earlier…? Would she slap it on more to my face…? I could mentally let out a chuckle… I immediately looked away and held my head down… I couldn’t even face her now especially on what just happened earlier… I tried to carry on with my tracks but her voice stopped me again from it… 

“Jiyong we need to talk…”

 

bludoki:

Waaaaaah.... huhuhu.. im really sorry...
I was gone for a long long long time... then I could only give u this...?
waaaaah... Im really having a coconut block with this fic right now...
Please forgive me neh...!!! aigoo I didnt know I have many readers of this fic 
Not until some of u guys were constantly reminding me to update this waaaah really sorry..!!!
I didnt know this would be difficult LOL..! 

ahahaha... but still thank you for waiting patiently only for this boring chap..!
Ill do better..!! waaaah..! dont kill me..! huhuhu..! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING...!!!!! and the comments..!!!