Chapter 20 -FINAL-

Broken

‘Does he love you just as much as I love you…?’

‘I wish he’ll love you more than I do… ‘


He tried avoiding her… tried his best for their paths not to cross… tried his best not to need to see her… completely wanted to be out of her life, now that she had Jaejoong… now that she found the man that would heal the wound he inflicted in her and would surely give her the happiness that she truly deserved. 

He saw how Jaejoong wrapped his arm around Dara’s shoulder during that night… saw how she leaned against him and let him support her out of the crowd and by then he finally felt defeated and completely useless. He should be that man… but unfortunately, he wasn’t…

It was hard not seeing her, yet he managed to do it for two whole weeks… that was… as far as he knew how long it had been…

His friends observed him… as silent as the wind he slowly became, and it was once again, becoming too tiring to watch… they didn’t know if being a silent Jiyong was better than when he was faking his jolly self… because both were driving them mad as well…

And Dara… she wasn’t far from the state of Jiyong… burying herself in studying, even applying to become a tutor just so she could be busy… making her friend, Bom restless from watching her slowly killing herself. 

And when they couldn’t take it anymore… knew that the two of them should settle everything once and for all… they finally took the step in getting in between them and planned something to make them at least see each other and have a talk. 


--


Jiyong waved at Youngbae as he went to him and ready to go to the canteen to have their lunch, yet Youngbae walked quickly towards him, as if he was in a hurry. 

“Jiyong there you are, can you please bring this back first to the custodian…? I have to return this before twelve but my professor wants to talk to me, he said it’s urgent…”

Jiyong’s brow rose as he looked at the hammer that Youngbae was giving him. 

“Where did you use that…?” Jiyong asked

Youngbae flinched a bit, but finally was able to think of a reason. 

“I forgot to return it when we used it during the fair…”

Jiyong looked at him hesitantly, thinking that the fair was already two weeks ago… but eventually nodded to his friend and got the hammer. 

“Thank you, I’ll just meet you at the canteen later…” 

Youngbae watched as his friend walked away… and slowly, a smile curved on his lips… praying that everything will turn our well… 


--


Jiyong was on his way towards the other building when something caught his eyes. He turned to the side and saw someone familiar… 

A few feet away from him was Jaejoong… talking with another woman who was most likely not from their school as her eyes kept wandering around the place… 

It was supposed to be just an ordinary sight… but what made the scene so wrong, what made him went stiff on his spot and let go of the hammer he was holding was when Jaejoong slowly wrapped his arm around the woman’s shoulder… the same arm he used to wrap around Dara that night in the fair… and as if it wasn’t enough to make Jiyong crumble on his spot, Jaejoong leaned down and kissed the woman on the forehead, surprising her… 

Just then, he felt his veins pulsed rapidly as Dara’s smiling face flashed through his mind… 

And it all came back to him… as if the scene in front of him was so familiar that he could feel every pain Dara must have felt the day she caught him with another girl… the only thing that was different now was he was the one who caught Jaejoong with another girl… and the fact that once Dara knew about it… it would completely crush her… 

He won’t be able to take it seeing her break down… he can’t let her feel deceived once again… she didn’t deserve any of this… 

And the next thing he saw was red… 

Jiyong angrily marched towards Jaejoong, who was completely oblivious to the other man’s wrath… 

Jiyong pulled Jaejoong on the collar of his shirt… the latter looked at him with mixed surprise and confusion…

“What’s wrong…?” Jaejoong asked in defense while the woman beside him was as confused as him… 

Jiyong was glaring at him and without another word… he punched Jaejoong directly on the face that made Jaejoong to completely crash down the pavement… 

“What the fukc..!” Jaejoong yelled in pain as he cradled his left eye…

“Oh God..!” The woman covered in shock as she watched Jaejoong on the ground… she shifted her gaze to Jiyong who was about to release another punch and without second thought… she pushed Jiyong on the shoulders before going to Jaejoong and guarded him. 

The other students immediately came to stop Jiyong from attacking Jaejoong…

He looked like he was not in himself as his eyes were filled with anger… fist was immediately bruised from the hard punch he gave Jaejoong earlier… 

He pointed at Jaejoong, who was still on the ground, holding on to the side of his face and angrily, he yelled at him.

“You were supposed to take care of her..! Dara didn’t deserve any of this again..! She wasn’t supposed to be hurt again..!”

And as if his own words bounced back to him… his voice slowly faltered… body slowly weakened until he dropped his hand… tears welled up inside his eyes…

“She didn’t deserve any of this…” 

He mumbled as his dropped his head down and slowly walked away… 

The woman holding on to Jaejoong watched in worry as Jiyong walked away. She then turned to Jaejoong who was apparently wincing in pain…

“What did you do this time…?” She asked accusingly…

Jaejoong turned to her… the skin around his other eye was turning black, and instead of answering his girlfriend, he could only smile back to her before once again wincing in pain.


--


On her way towards the custodian where Bom told her to help her on something, Dara curiously saw the students crowding around one area… and her eyes widen once she saw Jiyong coming out from the crowd, face was blank… he went directly inside one building… 

After two weeks of not seeing him… now she saw him, only that… it felt like something wrong just happened… only to realize it when Bom came out from the crowd as well, dashing towards her.

“Dara..! Oh God..! Jiyong just punched Jaejoong..!” Bom shrieked in panic and just then, Dara’s eyes snapped wide open once again as she immediately ran towards the crowd to check on Jaejoong.

“What happened…? Why did he punch Jaejoong…?!” She asked once they reach Jaejoong who was being supported to stand up… she also noticed the woman beside him who was clearly, scolding at him. 

Confused as to what happened… Dara didn’t know what to do… she glanced towards the direction where Jiyong went then glanced back to Jaejoong who was being escorted to the infirmary. 

“I think you should go to Jiyong…?” Bom spoke beside her. 

She looked at her for a while before she heaved out a sigh. 

“I’ll just check on Jaejoong first…” and with that, she followed Jaejoong, leaving Bom on her spot. 

Youngbae came, heard that Jiyong just punched Jaejoong… 

“What happened…? Where’s Jiyong…?” he asked worriedly.

“I don’t know what came to Jiyong’s mind for him to suddenly do that… Dara followed Jaejoong while Jiyong suddenly disappeared…”

And after a while, they both looked at each other and let out a sigh… clearly, their plan of letting the two to have a talk ended up as a complete failure… 


--


Dara watched in worry as the nurse tended Jaejoong’s bruise… just then, her eyes shifted to the unfamiliar woman who was beside Jaejoong holding his hand… 

“Do you know the guy who just punched Jae..?” 

The woman turned to her. Dara was startled… overwhelmed, as she finally realized that she must probably Jaejoong’s girlfriend and for a moment, she wasn’t able to answer her… 

“Ah… Ghel, this is Dara… Dara this is Ghel, my girlfriend…” Jaejoong said as he looked up to the two women. 

Dara gulped down and smiled at the other woman yet the latter still couldn’t take away the worry in her beautiful face… 

Dara couldn’t help but to be caught up in a trance as she watched Jaejoong and Ghel… admired how perfectly fit each other… couldn’t believe that Jaejoong found himself a very beautiful woman and can’t help but to envy them as well. 

“And the guy earlier is her boyfriend…” Jaejoong continued breaking her off from her trance. 

“Yah..! Jiyong’s not my boyfriend anymore… but I’m really sorry about what happened… I don’t know what came to him for doing this…” She said apologetically… 

“He told me I was supposed to take care of you… that you don’t deserve any of this again… I think he thought that I am your new boyfriend…” 

Dara immediately blushed from embarrassment as she realized that everything was all her fault. Probably Jiyong saw Jaejoong and Ghel together and thought that Jaejoong was cheating on her. 

“Oh God..! I think this is my entire fault…! I should have told him that nothing is going on between you and me… I’m so sorry…”

She began bowing non stop and upon seeing her, Jaejoong began laughing…

Ghel slapped him on the arm making him stop and pout at her… 

“Dara-ssi… you don’t have to do that… no one’s at fault for it seems like it was all just a misunderstanding…” Ghel explained as she went to Dara and held her arm to stop her from bowing. 

“Well… it’s your boyfriend’s fault for falling for your obviously fake act… lucky for him that he caught me by surprise or else… ” Jaejoong butted in only to be silenced as his girlfriend glared back at him.

“But still… he shouldn’t have done that…” Dara said to Ghel. 

Ghel held her hand and smiled at her. 

“I know I don’t know what happened but no matter what it was… I guess he still loves you for him to be that angry… I saw how hurt he was when he said those words to Jaejoong… I just think that he was too scared to see you hurt again that it drove him to do that…” 

Dara was unable to respond… couldn’t find a word to say… rather, couldn’t find another lie to feed herself just so she could say that Ghel was wrong from what she said. And so, she stayed frozen on her spot… 

“Instead of spacing out again… why don’t you go to your boyfriend..? His hand might probably sore right now… he punched me real good…” 

Ghel looked at her boyfriend, while Jaejoong raised both of his hands in defense. 

“What…? I didn’t say anything wrong…” He said. 

Dara chuckled at them before telling them that she’ll head out first to find Jiyong… 

Just when she got out of the door, she heard the couple arguing… but more of Ghel scolding Jaejoong for a very disastrous welcome for her… and never, since she met Kim Jaejoong she felt this happy… hearing him pleading for mercy from a girl… 


--


Jiyong laid down on his back… one arm under his head as he stared up on the sky. He was on the rooftop of one of the buildings of their school… found it as his second sanctuary as he appreciated the place’s silence… that no one would ask him over and over again if he was okay, because clearly, he was not… would tell him to move on, for clearly he couldn’t… and would tell him to stop thinking about Dara, for clearly it was too unbearable not to. 

Not when now she’ll once again feel the pain of being abandoned. Not when now she’ll once again shed tears from another broken love… 

He lifted his other hand up… knuckles were bruised from the incident earlier.

He spread his hand… covering the sun… making its light traced every curves in his hand… and as he watched as the light traced the spaces between his fingers, his heart pounded painfully, felt a lump in his throat as he remembered how Dara’s fingers filled those spaces… remembered how her hand fit perfectly with his, yet now… only the sunlight, the cold air of the approaching autumn filled those spaces.

And just then… something… someone suddenly caught his attention…

Standing a few feet away from him was the woman he had been thinking of the whole time… 

Jiyong scampered to sit up… he winced in pain when he forgot about his hand and used it as support, unable to look at Dara… he slowly hid his hand behind him… as if a little kid who was caught after doing something bad

He cleared his throat upon noticing that Dara didn’t even move on her spot. 

“W-what… what are you doing here…?” 

He didn’t mean to sound harsh… yet he was mad that she got to see him this way… 

“You punched Jaejoong…” She simply said.

Jiyong groaned… brows slowly met as he inhaled deeply. He remembered what happened earlier and it was making his blood boil again. 

“Why did you do that Jiyong..?” she asked, slowly approaching him which made him fidget on his seat. 

He didn’t reply… gulped down as he saw her stood right in front of him. She knelt before him, held on to his arm when he tried to stand up… 

“Why did you do it…?” She asked him again.

He kept avoiding her gaze, looking at the side… kept his gaze on the cemented floor. 

“I’m not sorry about it…” He said sternly.

“I don’t care if you’re not sorry about it; I want to know why you did that…”

And just then, his head snapped back to her… anger tainted his handsome face…

“I saw him with another girl and I lost it… I just can’t- he choked on his words as he continuously looked at Dara.

“Let him easily do the same thing I did to you… you don’t deserve this… all of what’s happening…”

He was stopped from his words when suddenly, Dara reached for his bruised hand. He was taken aback… wasn’t able to pull it back as she held it tight in her hand.

He gasped… warmth welled up inside his chest upon feeling her hand again… it’s still as soft as the last time he remembered it. 

Dara got something from her pants’ pocket… made use of his silence as she put a little ban-aid on the clear scratch on his knuckles… she didn’t meet his eyes for a while as she looked down on his hand… caressed his bruise with her thumb.

“Actually, that was Jaejoong’s girlfriend…”

Jiyong’s eyes widen as Dara’s words slowly sunk in his head, making him confused. 

“I don’t know how you came up with the thought that we’re together but we’re not Ji…” 

Jiyong was left in awe… couldn’t even blink as guilt immediately hit him. 

Dara chuckled at his reaction, which made him look at her, with still that stunned face. And soon…. Silence enveloped them. 

“What happened to us Jiyong…?” She mumbled… head was looking down as she still held his hand on her lap. 

Jiyong’s eyes fluttered in grief and surprise… felt his heart tearing apart just because of those words. He stared at the top of her head as he slowly fisted his hand, gripping tightly on Dara’s. 

“I forgot what it felt like…” he mumbled, and slowly, Dara turned up to meet his eyes. 

“I’m sorry… for hurting you… for forgetting what love felt like with you…”

Tears welled up inside his eyes… his gripped on her tightened… controlling himself not to break down even though his voice started to tremble… 

“I got too comfortable… for having you filled my life completely that I got too comfortable with it. I forgot what it felt like to need you each day by my side. I forgot how it felt like the first time I met you… I forgot all of it because you were already by my side… I didn’t think I’d lose you not until you’re gone… I’m sorry…” 

Dara gulped down the painful lump inside … it was torture… watching Jiyong… whose tears about to escape his eyes.

Slowly, with his trembling hand, he reached for her… hesitating to touch her, but eventually manage to cup the side of her face. He inhaled deeply once a tear escaped his eye.

“I should’ve kissed you more … hugged you more when I had the chance, because right now even the feeling of it is slowly leaving my memory… I should have told you I love you, triple than the times I’ve told you those words because during those times I had been true to you and now, I couldn’t even utter those words for the fear that you’ll once again think it’s a lie… I should’ve loved you more when I had the chance Dara… I’m sorry…” 

He choked out his last word, let out a forced laugh as he pulled his hand back from her face and wiped off the tear that escaped his eye on his cheek… he looked at her for a moment, controlling not to cry as he can’t still believe that she was finally in front of him again, with that… he looked down on their hands… 

“Did you ever regret loving me Dara…?” He struggled with his words… had been thinking to ask her that since the day he felt like dying without her in his life. 

He looked up and saw her flinched from his question… he waited for her answer but it never came… slowly, a slight smile curved on the side of his lips… and he nodded… 

He slowly let go of her hand as he reached for the side of her face….

“I wish you’ll find a better love than the one I was able to give you…I’m sorry… for everything…”

With that, unable to control himself… he leaned down as he kissed her forehead…

He slowly stood up… looked at her one last time… and the next thing that Dara realized was that… Jiyong was finally gone… 

She stayed seated on the ground… his question chanted in her head over and over again… completely taken aback… she could only stare at nothingness. 

“How can I find a better love, if my heart keeps telling me that it’ll only be who will complete me…?” She heard herself mumbled… 

And the next thing she found herself, standing up… running to the direction to where Jiyong had gone to… 

Bom, together with Jiyong’s friends were looking all over for Dara and Jiyong… just then, Bom gasped upon seeing Dara running towards her way… 

“Dara… where are you going…?” She asked her, only for Dara to pass by her and continuously ran. 

Bom tried to follow her only to be stopped by Youngbae as he held on to her shoulder.

“I guess we don’t need to do something anymore to make them talk… they seem to find out a way themselves…” 

He said and Bom finally figured out where Dara was running to. 
 

--


Jiyong didn’t know where he’ll go… he just wanted to run away… far from where Dara was, because if he won’t… he was afraid, he’ll break, but more especially he was afraid that he’ll might hurt her again if he’ll blurt out again that he loved her. 

Just then, he was stopped from his tracks when he felt someone clutched on his shirt… pulling him.

And as he looked back, he saw Dara… had the back of her hand on one of her eyes… for she was clearly crying… while her other hand was still clutching on his shirt… tightly gripping on it. 

“What..-“

“I don’t…” She choked out as more tears escaped her eyes… lips was trembling as well as her whole body…didn’t mind the students who started to watch them.

“I don’t regret it Jiyong… and I won’t… for until right now, I still love you…” 

Jiyong was stunned… could only look at her as she continuously cry and choked on her words… 

“You’re the only man that can make my heart pound as crazily as this… you complete me in every way… that I feel a part of me is missing when you’re not there… and I don’t care about the heart aches Ji… because you’re also the only man who could mend those heartaches… I can’t stop it… I don’t know why… but I can’t… and I… how can I find a better love… when I know, when my heart keeps telling me that it is only with you I can feel love…” 

And after that… only the sound of her crying could be heard… the people around them just watched in awe and silence… 

Jiyong coughed out a laugh before tears escaped the sides of his eyes… he quickly approached Dara… 

“Stupid…” he mumbled before he roughly gathered her in his embrace… buried his face on the crook of her neck… he squeezed her tightly in his arms.

“Stupid…” he whispered once again as he bawled against her neck and hands wandered around her back… clutching on to her as if his life depended on it. 

“I’m so sorry baby…I’m sorry… I missed you so much… I love you… I love you”

He said between his tears before he pulled out from their hug and kissed her endlessly around her face…his hand holding on to her head… brushing away her hair from her face… 

Dara cupped his face between her hands making him stop… she slowly stopped from crying… body was still trembling, she looked at him… and without another word, she leaned towards him and captured his lips with hers… 

Jiyong’s eyes slowly closed… savoring her lips that he excruciatingly missed… holding on to her tightly… didn’t mind the eyes that continuously watched them… didn’t mind the sounds of gasps… the sounds of some, cheering… didn’t mind what will happen after the kiss… for right now, they’ll both be enthralled inside their own world… kissed like it was the first time they kissed… loved like it was the first time they loved. 

Youngbae nudged Bom who was obviously crying beside him. She immediately wiped off her tears as she looked at him with raised brow. 

“I was not crying-“

“I’m hungry, let’s eat…my treat” He said 

For a while, she looked at him in disbelief before she smirked and nodded. 

“So… now I know what we looked like when that happened to us…” Ghel giggled… while Jaejoong looked at her with clear disgust in his expression.

“I can’t believe I did such disgusting thing…” he said before burying his face on his hand, and eventually winced from the pain of his black-eye. 

“Disgusting…? I think you looked so adorable when you were crying your eyes out before…” Jaejoong hissed only to receive a glare from his girlfriend. He chuckled before wrapping his arm around her shoulders… 

“Yes… I think you looked adorable too with your boogers running down your nose when you cried before…”

“Want me to punch your other eye?” She said in a serious tone… Jaejoong laughed out before he saw her glared and with that, he quickly stopped.

“Gonna shut up now…”


--


Still standing in the middle of the crowd… Jiyong hugged Dara… as if he didn’t have any plans of letting go of her… still in the middle of accepting that everything was really happening… 

“Jiyong…” she mumbled…

“Mmm…?” Jiyong mumbled back… eyes were closed as he the back of her head. 

“If you… by any chance… by any possible chance going to replace me again… please, choose someone who’s more beautiful than me… coz, seriously… nevermind…” she said with a chuckle.

Jiyong opened his eyes in shock… but eventually laughed at what she said.

“But if you ever do that again… I won’t stop Bom… on second thought; I’ll just cut your balls myself…” She said sweetly yet it brought chills through his body… 

He pulled out from their hug… cupped her face between his hands and pecked on her lips. 

“I won’t… not when I finally know what it felt like dying because you’re not by my side… but if ever… there’ll only be one, two… or three girls that I’ll love aside from you…” 

The smile on her face slowly vanished as a pout formed on her lips as she frowned. He chuckled upon seeing it… brushed her lips with his thumb.

“They’ll have your eyes… your nose… your lips… everything. Then they’ll call you mom… then they’ll call me dad…-“

She cut him off with another laugh.

“Isn’t that fast…? We just even got back together…”

He pulled her to him once again and hugged her tight… 

“Just saying… just so you won’t get jealous once it happened…” he mumbled with a smile on his face before he slowly closed his eyes and let himself drown from the warmth of Dara’s embrace. Finally felt complete… and perfect once again… 



And they live happily after..... lol
THE END...


---

FINALLY..!!!!!!


oooh with a special participation of engelbirds Kimchidiction as Jaejoong's Gf...
there they are all happy... i didnt kill anyone... wuhahahaha..! lol

aigoo sorry if it's not that big of an ending... but i hope you liked it...


THANK YOU FOR READING..!!!!

i wanna thank my sponsors:
twitter, DGH, FB, cocogirl, tetris battle, aff, lol... 
my very supportive pets who wud always stare at me whenever i cry in front of the comp, writing...

hahaha THANK YOU ALL..!!!!

BROKEN IS NOW SIGNING OFF...

STAY IN-LOVE, STAY FRESH, STAY BEAUTIFUL... DARAGON IS REAL BABY..! ahahaha 

--BLUDOKI