MT?

Run to You

                She smiles at me when I first met her in that park. She wears a cute one piece pink dress and there is a cute ribbon on the top of her head. Her heels are so perfect, making her slender legs ever more perfect. The way she holds her hands with mine makes everything in this world are not important for me anymore.

“What is this?!” Heecheol frowns at the paper in front of him.

                We talk about many things on the bench at the park that day. I have not seen him in a while because I was so busy with my job. She says that she wants to go to Jeju Island. Seeing beautiful sea avenue and doing scuba diving. She loves to swim. She calls herself a mermaid. Soojin-ah, let’s go there next month!

“Mermaid….” Heecheol murmurs.


 

Heecheol’s thoughts travel to three years ago. He pictures himself with a woman who talked to him under the three while they were waiting the rain to stop.

“Look, you get wet because you can’t run fast..!” Heecheol frowns.

“I can’t run, I hate running! If we live in the sea, I’ll win every time I had a race with you, oppa! I’m very good at swimming, like a mermaid!”

“What mermaid? A mermaid doesn’t look like you, a mermaid doesn’t eat many things like you!”

“I’m sorry oppa, I was hungry, that’s why I ate your buns..” she pouts.

“That’s okay, don’t be like that..” Heecheol covers his and her head with his jacket.


 

“Heecheol-sshi. Do you have any coins?! Heecheol-sshi!!”

                Hyemi’s voice somewhat brings back Heecheol’s thoughts to the reality. He then immediately searching for coins in his pocket then gives it to her with an awkward expression.

“Are you okay? Why are you daydreaming? Are you still thinking about the ‘Japanese Woman?’” Hyemi making a quotation marks with her fingers.

“Uh..what?”

“Or, are you thinking about another woman?” Hyemi all smiles.

                Heecheol then takes out another coin from his pocket and gives it to Hyemi, once again.

“A can of Cola please.. and thank you!” Heecheol smiles.

                Hyemi goes to the nearest vending machine to buy herself a can of lemon tea and a can of cola for her teammate. Meanwhile, Heecheol keeps reading the script in front of his eyes and correcting the spelling and grammar mistakes. He sometimes has to close his eyes for some moment because of the overly cute and cheesy the narrations in the story are.

“This is making me mad! Is this author a little girl? The characters are very promising, but the narration, ah… I want to go home!” Heecheol whines.

“Go home then…” Hyemi puts the can of cola on Heecheol’s table.

“Do you know the author of this novel?”

“Nope,. Manager Kim won’t tell us the identity of the author..”

“Why?”

“To prevent biases….”

                Heecheol does not give any respond for what Hyemi just said. He just continues correcting the sentences, while sipping his cola once in a while.


 

At 6 p.m

                The four interns are gathering at the lobby. They are ready to go home together.

“Can we do something together on the weekend? Like going somewhere. Seeing a movie or fishing?” Minwoo suggests an idea.

“Are you an ahjusshi? What fishing? No, I don’t like riding boats, I’ll have a seasick..” Hyemi frowns.

“Are you an ahjumma, Hyemi-sshi? What seasick…” Minwoo mocks her.

“How about an MT? Let’s rent a nice villa. We can do many things. Hiking, barbeque party, campfire and also working. I have a report to finish this weekend, but it’s the first and the last weekend of our internship, right? I don’t want to miss it..” Kyungri says with a bright expression.

“Okay, tomorrow is Friday, I’ll check a nice place on the internet and list the things that we will need to bring. After working, we’ll go to the market to buy them and then go the villa right after.. sounds like a nice plan, eh?” Hyemi, full of confidence.

“Okay, we can go there by my car. I’ll drive..” Heecheol  agrees at all the ideas.

“It’s gonna be fun! Woohooo!” Minwoo, half jumping at the lobby.

                Four of them then walking to the outside of their company building and go to the nearest station to ride the train that will bring them to their homes.