The UN-unemployed Man...

Run to You

The sun shines through Heecheol’s window pane. He looks at the clock on the wall then murmurs “7.20… thank God it’s Saturday!”. He walks into his room and throws his body on the bed. He kisses the pillow, showing his love for it.

“I’ve missed you!!” He exclaims.

                He then decides to sleep, comfortably, since he barely slept in his car before.

 

At Minha’s House…

                Minha washes her face, wipes the steam on the mirror and looks at her reflection. She suddenly remembers that Heecheol is still in his car. She runs to the front door with her might but gets surprised instead when she sees something right before she steps outside her house.

“Eo?”

                She looks at where the bowl and blanket are. Apparently Heecheol left them in front of her door and without saying anything, he left, probably right after he made sure that everything would be alright. Minha takes the bowl and blanket and get into her house again. She sits in the living room, regrets that she did not even say ‘thanks’ to Heecheol.

“Can we even see each other again?” Minha sighs.

 

At the same time…

                The sound of the phone buzzing wakes Heecheol up. Hyemi calls. Heecheol is about to throw his phone away but he accidentally press the answer button.

“OPPPPPPPAAAAA!!!!”

“Mwoya~~~~?”

“OPPA!!!! WHERE ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? DID YOU GET THE MESSAGE????!!!”

                Hyemi’s voice wakes Heecheol up properly. He now is sitting on his bed, with his messed up hair, he press the loudspeaker button because he knows Hyemi’s loud voice will hurt his earbuds.

“What message?”

“You didn’t get the message?”

“Wait, eo??!” Heecheol recognizes that there is one unread message on the notification bar.

                After finally finding out what message it was, they both saying congratulations to each other and promise that they will take care of each other well since they are officially accepted in SydneyFireworks Publisher.

Heecheol wants to call Minwoo right away, making sure that he is also accepted in his division. Since the chance is too small for Sales Team to recruit a new employee, Heecheol decides not to call him and goes to the bathroom instead to take a shower.

 

Two weeks later…

                Editing Team is very busy this morning. The deadline for the first-going-to-be-released-novel which is written by a famous actor Kim Sang Jun is today, at 2 p.m. There were so many grammatical errors, the team were badly injured, mentally, by his poor writing.

“Alright…. Finished! Woohoo….” Hyemi exclaims.

Kevin looks at her from his table then smiles at himself. He thinks that he made the right choice by hiring that girl as a part of his team. Meanwhile Heecheol, he still has two pages to be corrected.

                At 3.30 p.m Kevin let his staffs go home since they both finished their job and did it well. Hyemi decides to wait for Kyungri at the nearest café. They always go home together. Heecheol drives his car carefully while thinking what food he has to eat today since he missed his lunch because he was too busy. Minwoo sits on the passenger seat while busily chatting with whoever they are on his smartphone.

“Hyung, some people think I’m stupid..”

“You do look stupid..”.

“What? You look like a cold person, are you then?”

 “I am a cold person. I just boldly said you looked stupid…And, why you always go home with me? You can go to the nearest station and ride the train, I’m not your driver…”

“The fact that you pass my neighborhood is a bliss, you know? I’ll buy you something in return..” Minwoo hurriedly looks at his phone screen after a notification sound comes out from it.

“I’m going to buy kimchi jiggae at that restaurant, I missed my lunch today. You can ride a bus from here to go home…”

“Hyung….” Minwoo shows Heecheol his puppy eyes look.

                Heecheol rolls his eyes. He then remembers that this main road leads to where Minha lives. He really wants to check on her. Just in case if they can see each other, accidentally. Heecheol then makes a left turn, to where Minha’s house is. Minwoo looks confused since he thought they were going to buy kimchi jiggae at a restaurant near the bus station.

“Are you going to kidnap me, hyung??”  Minwoo looks panic.

                Heecheol does not say anything. He then stops the car, fixes his suit and goes to the alley where Minha’s house is. He looks at the door, seems like no one home. The house looks empty. An ahjumma passes by and asks Heecheol if he is looking for Minha. He says nothing but gives her a smile. That ahjumma says that Minha left the house since a week ago and went to her hometown instead. That news is like a sudden slap on Heecheol’s face. He knows that something bad happens or will happen to her. He then hurriedly goes back to his car. He finds Minwoo is sleeping, since he has no time to ‘negotiate’ with that kid, he decides to bring him to Haenam, Minha’s hometown.

                After five hours of driving, listening to Minwoo’s lecture along the way, they both finally arrive in Haenam. There is a small kiosk near the harbor, that is where Minha lives, it is her mom’s.

“I’ve never been to this village. It’s a nice place. Is this your hometown, hyung?” Minwoo looks around.

“I’m from Jeju…”

“Why are we here..?? I thought we were going to buy food..” Minwoo, still amazed.

“I’m not hungry…”

                He stops the car on the entrance of the small road which leads to that small kiosk. He comes closer, hoping that he can see Minha. He will pretend that he just wants to visit this city after work just to remember his school days, he has that plan on his head. Nobody is there. It is actually not that late, but maybe people just do not visit this kiosk tonight. The fish cakes taste amazing though, Heecheol knows it well.

                Minwoo gets out of the car then goes near the harbor, he is running around like a little kid, busily taking selcas while smiling wide like an idiot. Heecheol is too timid to greet whoever it is at the back of the kiosk. When he is about to enter the kiosk, he can clearly hear that someone is screaming at the back along with the sound of glass breaking. Seems like that girl is beaten up, and that girl is Minha. Heecheol knows Minha’s voice very well. He then goes inside the kitchen, finds that Minha is sitting at the ground, her hand is bleeding, seems like her brother just hit her head with a glass and she covered it with her hand instead.

“What is this??!”

Heecheol runs towards the guy and lands him a punch. The guy named Jae Gil collapse to the ground unconscious. Heecheol undo his tie and use it to cover Minha’s hand.

“What are you doing here? Where are your stuff? Come with me…” Heecheol panics.

                Minha leaves him and gets away. Heecheol follows her from behind. He thought that she would lead him to her house, but she goes to the cliff instead.

“Yah! Park Minha! What do you think you’re doing?!”

“Why are you here??! I never ask you to come here! Go away!”

“You’re standing on the edge of the cliff, are you going to jump?” Heecheol comes closer to her slowly, he ruins Minha’s focus that he is coming to her secretly.

“You know how coward I am when it comes to hurt myself..”

“Pack your stuff and go to Seoul with me. This place is not a right place for you to live…” Heecheol is coming closer.

                Minha is looking at the waves that greet the cliff from where she stands. She is having a hard time. She does even know why she is here, why she came back to the place where she always gets beaten up by Jae Gil. Heecheol does not know that she has more wounds than he can see right now.

“I don’t want to…”

“Let’s go to the hospital then, your hand is bleeding…”

“No, I’m fine…”

“Listen to me please, just once…”

“When I listen to you, you’ll go away, like what you did before….”

Heecheol is currently standing near to her. He takes Minha’s hand and drags her along to the car. Many times she tries to escape but he grabs her hand again. Minha starts to cry, she is confused about the situation, she is confused about her own heart.

“Let go… I don’t know you!” both of her eyes filled with tears.

“What did you say?” Heecheol starts to lose his temper.

“Why did you leave me? Answer me!!! Why did you leave me??! How many important days that I spent alone, thinking that you’d also remember those day?! Huh? And now you’re here and force me to go with you?! Do you think I’m a fool? Am I that idiot? In your eyes…”

                Heecheol looks at his feet, regretting of what he did in the past. He takes a deep breath then grabs Minha’s hand again and drags her to his car. Minwoo is looking for afar, trying to solve the questions in his head.

“I don’t want to argue. Just follow me…”

                Minha is busy hitting Heecheol’s arm with the other hand, the one that is bleeding, making it bleeds even more. She cries, not sure because of she is angry or she starts to feel the pain on her right hand.  Heecheol stops walking to check on Minha’s hand.

“It hurts…” Minha’s murmurs, while crying.

“Let’s go to the hospital..”

“Just take me away from here…” Minha looks at the ground.

                Minha gives up being stubborn and follows Heecheol right away. Minwoo is running towards the car, gets in and sits at the backseat, right before Heecheol asks him to do so.

“Where are your bags? I’ll take them..”

“In my room, above the cupboard..”

                Heecheol goes back to Minha’s house to bring her stuffs. Jae Gil remains unconscious. He is drunk, that is why he was easily collapse. Heecheol is bad at fighting, he knows that he did not hurt Jae Gil that much. After a while Heecheol is back to his car while Minwoo tries his best to talk to Minha, saying that he was the one who gave her a can of coffee the other day.

“Have you eaten?” Heecheol asks Minha.

                Minha shakes her head. Heecheol drives his car back to Seoul. At 1.20 a.m he stops the car in front of Minwoo’s house. Heecheol wakes Minwoo up, telling him that they arrive. Minwoo then takes his bag then say thanks to Heecheol. Minha is sleeping on the passenger seat. It takes 20 minutes from Minwoo’s house to Heecheol’s apartment by car, and since Heecheol is really tired, he drives his car faster than before. He wants to go home fast.