The Memorable First Aid Band

Run to You

“It’s because of your stupid ghost story…” Heecheol blames Minwoo.

“But I was telling the truth..”

                Seconds later, the power is on. All the lights are shining like morning sunlight. Heecheol checks on Kyungri immediately. Her face is pale and full of sweat, she must have been having a hard time.

“Hey, look at me.. it’s over..” Heecheol smiles to her. “Minwoo-yah, bring a glass of water..” Heecheol then caress Kyungri’s jaw and sweep away the sweat of her face.

“Here…” Minwoo gives her a glass of water. “I’m sorry…”

                Kyungri slowly can breathe properly now. She then releases Heecheol’s arm and apologize for what she has done to him.

“It’s okay, no need to apologize..” Heecheol moves away a bit and scratches his head awkwardly.

                Since there is no more to be worried about, they all decide to go to sleep. After turning off the emergency lamp, Minwoo, Hyemi and Kyungri are going to their rooms while Heecheol goes to the kitchen instead and drink a glass of water.

              

“Don’t move. Stay inside, okay? It’s too dangerous for you..” Heecheol says.

“Oppa, what happen? Am I doing someth…”

“I said, stay inside. Don’t come out..”


 

“I think it’s better to read some chapters of that crappy novel…” Heecheol talks to himself.

                He then goes to his bedroom to take the text and read it in the living room. he does not want Minwoo’s weird sleeptalking talent ruin his mood. He spend ten whole minutes without moving an inch from his seat, the story keeps getting interesting and he develops another lever of affection to the main female character.

                Soojin is a rare woman. She is a nice, funny, warm, bright and cute person. She loves languages as I do. She said she is learning Japanese now. She also said she wanted to go to Germany to eat some sausages that people keep talking about. I almost forgot, I was about to give her the teddy bear keychain. But the time does not agree. I get a call from the office, they need me at the executive meeting right now.

“Huh.. he’s an important person, perhaps..?”

                Kyungri comes out from her room and is shocked seeing Heecheol talking to himself. She then goes to the kitchen and drinking a glass of water. She keeps standing there without doing anything.

“is there something wrong?” Heecheol asks Kyungri.

“Nothing.. I just can’t sleep..”

                Kyungri answers Heecheol question while facing the stove. She definitely does not know what to do right now.

“What are you doing over there? You can sit here with me if you want..”

                Kyungri then goes to where Heecheol is at. She sits next to him.

“Don’t worry, the power is on now..”

“Yeah..”

“You can’t sleep because of that? you keep thinking that the power id going to off again anytime?”

“Yeah..”

“Do you live alone?”

“Yeah…”

“And you always be like this?”

“Yeah..”

                Heecheol somehow can feel Kyungri’s pain. She never tells anyone about her fear and struggling to face it alone but never works. He starts to feel sorry for her.

“I want to say thank you to you…”

“Huh? For what?”

“You were the first one who didn’t let go off of my hand and even helped me to breathe properly..” Kyungri says with her head down.

“Yah, you said you’re good at cooking, right? Then cook something for me, I’ll accept that as a thank you then..”

“Eh?? But you had dinner earlier…”

“Come on, you know I was the one who ate the least...”

                Kyungri shakes her head but then she goes to the kitchen eventually. She makes fried rice wrapped in folded egg. Heecheol is wow-ing her because he is impressed by the techniques she use to make an amazingly difficult folded egg.

“I love to cook as well, but making folded egg is one of many activities I hate the most..”

“Do you want to learn how to make a folded egg? Park Kyungri is available to teach you the techniques, 150.000 won per month…” Kyungri impersonates a home shopping narrator.

                Heecheol folds his arm on I front of his chest and keep watching Kyungri cooks for him happily. He smiles once in a while and also help her to put something here and there.

“Awww…”

                Kyungri accidentally cuts her finger, and it is bleeding a lot. She goes to the kitchen sink immediately, Heecheol follows her behind and forcefully takes her hand to see the wound.

“Let me see it…” Heecheol holds Kyungri’s hand.

                Kyungri’s heart is about to burst, she does not know what to do so she does what Heecheol said instead. Heecheol remembers that he bought first aid bands at the market earlier. He runs to his room to take it and comes back to put it on Kyungri’s finger. Then both of them continue to share some times together. Laughing and eating delicious food at five minutes before midnight.

“I had a good meal, gomawo…” Heecheol smiles at Kyungri then drink a glass of water.

“No problem, thank for this too!” Kyungri shows him her wounded pointy finger then she smiles at him.

              

“What’s with your elbow??” Heecheol asks.

                “I fell, during the P.E class..”

“Does it hurt?”

“Of course it hurt.. do you think I fell on the bed??!”

“That band aid tho, Pororo!! Hahahahaha…” Heecheol laughs.

“You were the one who bought it for me last week, Oppa..”

“Oh.. Did I?”


 

“How’s your sales report?” Heecheol asks Kyungri seconds later.

“I sent it to my manager this morning. I finally have some free time for myself now. Is it fun working for the editing team?”

“Yeah, I love to read. So I enjoy this kind of job..”

“Good for you…”
 

                Both of them then share a smile and say goodnight to each other before they go to their own rooms. Tomorrow is their last time to enjoy some free times together, and it is saddening somehow.