Stay With Me...

Run to You

                Heecheol stops the car. He and Minha then go into the emergency room, while Minha is getting treatment for her injured hand, Heecheol waits for her in the waiting room. He looks at his phone screen, 2.35 a.m and there is only 5% battery left. He turns it off.

                Fifteen minutes later Minha goes to where Heecheol is. He is sleeping while sitting on the chair, his head keeps moving up and down as it was dancing. Minha feels sorry for him. She then sits next to Heecheol and places his head on her right shoulder. Heecheol wakes up all of sudden then murmurs ‘I’m so tired…’ and smiles at her. She asks him to lay his body down and places his head on her lap. Heecheol does that right away since he is very tired and all he needs is sleep, even if it is only for a minute.

“Let me sleep for a while..” Heecheol crosses his arm on his chest.

                Minha puts her injured hand on Heecheol’s hands, and her left hand is starting to caress Heecheol’s hair, appreciating his beauty. She smiles for a moment then goes to the dreamland as well.

 

***

 

 

                They both arrive at Heecheol’s apartment. Minha is busy carrying her bags while Heecheol is hurriedly goes to the bathroom. She looks around, thinking why his house is so plain and bare. Nothing on his walls. Except a clock and a calendar. Heecheol gets out from the bathroom.

“You can stay in that room..” points at the room near the TV. “My housemate used to live in that room, but now it’s empty. Do you want to eat? I only have a pack of pasta though. Shall we order something instead?”

                Minha shakes her head then takes a deep breath. She did not have a plan to live together with Heecheol, that is why she is very worried.

“I think I’m better going. I have a house, I don’t want to…..”

“Please stay, you’ll be safe here…” Heecheol takes Minha’s hand. “Let’s just take this as an apologize..”

“What a weird reason. You’re just as weird as your house. How come you have no decorations on the walls?! Photos or paintings?”

“Whose photo should I put? Yours?” Heecheol smirks. “Nobody visits me anyway. That room is almost as empty as this living room, but it has a bed and a cupboard. It has a bathroom inside too, just in case if it will become your consideration, so you don’t have to use that bathroom..” Heecheol points out the door next to his room.

“Are you sure this is okay?”

                Heecheol pours the water into the glass and drink it. He thinks for a while before gives an answer by facing Minha and nods.

“I’ll try it for a couple days then…” Minha enters the room. “You said, there was a bed in here. It’s just an empty room, bravo!!”

“Oh? I thought it was still here, mian! Well, at least you’ve got your own bathroom…” Heecheol opens the bathroom door then scream and runs away.

“Wae~~~~???!!”

“There’s a cockroach at the corner in the bathroom…” Heecheol tries hard to take a breath.

“You’re afraid of cockroach? Oppaaaaa…. Ah! Embarrassing!”

Minha goes out to take a piece of paper then scoops up the cockroach with it then runs towards the window. She says sorry to that cockroach and throws it away.

“It’s a relief that you live on the 5th floor, so that cockroach won’t come back again, unless it climbs up the wall and tries to sneak at your room…”

“Yah!!!”

                They both then clean up the room, vacuuming the carpet and wipe the windows. They plan to have lunch at a Chinese restaurant then go to buy a bed and some decorations for the walls since Minha keeps nagging.

                After spend some times to buy everything they need for Minha’s bedroom, they come back home exhausted. Minha decides to cook for dinner, she wants to show Heecheol her cooking skills. She orders Heecheol to crack some eggs and mix them, she is about to make folded egg. Heecheol looks at her worriedly, since he does not even know if that girl can really cook.

“Mwoya~~ you call it folded egg? It’s an asymmetrical egg, You’re very talented…” Heecheol shakes his head then claps his hands.

“At least it’s edible…”

“The folded egg I’ve eaten didn’t look like this, it was a perfect one. Yours looks like an old pillow….”

“Then cook it by yourself!!”

“Someone made it for me….”

                They share an awkward silent for a while. Heecheol swallows his saliva, knowing that he should not have to say that.

“Who was that?”

“My office mate…” Heecheol answers, almost murmur. “Ah, just do it.. it’s going to burnt….”

                Minha actually does not want to hear the answer. She knows that they both separated for years, long enough for both to fall for another person. Heecheol is a good looking man. It is not a hard task for him to make a woman fall for him. Minha knows that well.

                They both eating dinner in silent due to their conversation earlier, they also do not eat that much. The atmosphere is really awkward. Heecheol’s phone rings, escape him for this gloomyness for a while, at least.

“We’ll tidy up your room and the furniture tomorrow. You can sleep in my room tonight…” Heecheol says, after he finished talking on the phone.

“Then, where are you going to sleep?”

“Ummm… On the sofa?” Heecheol points out the sofa. “Relax…just lock the door if you don’t want me to come in…”

“You’re so annoying, you know?” Minha nags while washing the bowls.

                At 10.30 p.m they both say ‘good night’ to each other. Heecheol is already in his own dreamland since he turned off the tv minutes ago. Minha is laying on Heecheol’s bed. Cannot sleep. She is amazed that Heecheol’s room smells awesome, from the manly perfume he owns. She is questioning, how come he has no girlfriend when he is this cool.

“What am I thinking?! Go sleep. Minha-yah!”

                She tells that to herself then covers her head with the blanket and go to sleep.

 

The next morning…

They tidy up Minha’s room at 8 a.m. Then they both are having lunch together. During the meals, Minha keeps looking at Heecheol with a worried look.

“Oppa.. May I ask you something..” Minha biting her chopsticks softly.

“What?”

“Is it really okay? About me living here, with you?”

                Heecheol nods, instead of saying the answer, then he continues eating. He has a cold look, well, he is a cold person. Minha knows him well so this kind of reaction is not something new. She does not find it offending either.

“Your mother?”

“My mother is in Jeju, she’s not here…”

“hmmm…” Minha sounds full of doubt. “But nobody guarantees that she won’t visit you here all of sudden..”

“Nobody forces you not to live here with me either..”

“I promise, once I get a job, I’ll repay what you’ve bought me..”

“Of course… including all the food, you eat a lot!” Heecheol laughs a bit.

“Okay…Call!!”

“Don’t you have a job? I think I saw you with your office mate, the tall guy who looks very weird..”

“Ah.. Hyungsik-sshi? We both were interns, for three months..”

“Seems like you know him well..”

“Not really. He is just, a good friend..” Minha takes a deep breath. “What about you? Where do you work?”

“You don’t need to know..”

                Minha stares at Heecheol. He smiles a little then shakes his head. Minha eats the rice furiously, making Heecheol laugh.

“I work in a good company. I get enough money to buy food for both of us, I also run a small restaurant with my friend..”

“Why didn’t you tell me this earlier? Are you scared that I’ll be suddenly there and eat all the food?”

“Yes. Because you’re just weird like that…”

                Heecheol’s phone rings, a call from Mrs. Lee, Sales Team 1 Manager, making him choke on the rice. Minha gives him a glass of water and he immediately accepts the phone. Mrs. Lee asks him to become a photographer. Sales Team will make brochures to promote SydneyFireworks Publisher, after hearing that Heecheol is a quite good photographer from Kevin, she calls and asks him to do her a favor. The new employees will be the models for the brochures. She tells him that they all need to start working for the brochure from tomorrow.