I See You (Again)...

Run to You

Monday morning….

On the way to the office, Heecheol meets Hyemi at the lobby, then they both go to the 15th floor together. In front of the elevator, they meet Ms. Lee, the Sales Team 1 Manager.

“Good morning…” Heecheol and Hyemi greet Ms. Lee in unison.

“Good morning. You both are from Editing Team, right?”

“Yes..”

“Does Manager Kim scare you?” Ms. Lee chuckles.

                They all then go into the elevator. Ms. Lee keeps looking at them, she is still waiting for their answers.

“No. He is nice….” Hyemi says.

“What’s your name? You were the one who came to my team that day…”

“Ah, Jung Heecheol. My name is Jung Heecheol.” Heecheol replies with a smile then bows at Ms. Lee.

“Seems like you’ve killed many women with that looks..”

                Ms. Lee has not finished her words but the elevator already opens its doors since it has arrived on the 14th floor, where her team is located.

“Good luck to you both…” Ms. Lee leaves Hyemi and Heecheol.

“Waaaaaaaa….. charisma jjang!!!” Hyemi exclaims whilst pushes the close button.

                Heecheol can only smile hearing what Ms. Lee just said and Hyemi’s reaction. He does not say any words to Hyemi. When they arrive at their seat, Kevin who apparently is already there comes back from the toilet.

“Did you finish proofreading the one I asked you?” Kevin, half running to his table.

“No. That’s why I…”

“Good, now print this one and just finish it instead…” Kevin copies something from his computer to his flash drive and gives it to Heecheol.

“Pardon?”

“Forget that novel for a while. This texts are more important than your life, proofread three texts a day, you have to give the edited one to me before 2 p.m.. Got it?”

                Heecheol then go printing the file at the cubical next to him. He looks at the texts and finds out that they are a raw version of a children book.

“Huh, interesting…” Heecheol smiles at the papers.

                After that, Heecheol goes back to his seat does what Kevin told him earlier. Kevin is so busy up to the point that he needs to type like he is in a hurry.

Day by goes fast and today is Friday, the last day of the internship program. Both Hyemi and Heecheol are clearing up their tables since they are probably not going to work here anymore. Kevin looks at them like a father who does not want his kids to move out from home.

“You guys helped me a lot. I hope the best result will greet you tomorrow..” Kevin says.

“Thank you for everything, Manager Kim. You’re jjang!!” Hyemi shows off her aegyo.

                Kevin chuckles. Both of his interns are kind of surprised seeing him smiles like that. Heecheol knows him for years but has never seen the ‘daddy like’ side of Kevin before.

“Ah…. You guys owe me something. Dinner at a fancy restaurant. Remember??”

“Ahhhhhh……” Hyemi and Heecheol say in unison.

“Forget it, you both even didn’t get paid. Let’s go grab something delicious. On me!” Kevin smiles, again.

“Call the other two from Sales Teams too, Ms. Pyo!”

                Kevin asks Ms. Lee and Mr. Kang, Sales Team 2 Manager, to join as well. The managers are going with him by his car while the interns are going by Heecheol’s car.

                “Let’s get some delicious food at ‘Carnival Ride’ restaurant. It’s a nice place to visit…”

“Manager Kim texted me!” Hyemi yells from the backseat.

“Mwoya… mwoya…?” Kyungri leans closer to take a look at Hyemi’s phone.

“Carnival Ride resto. Oppa, do you know this place?” Hyemi asks Heecheol.

“Hmmm. I know..” Heecheol smiles.

                Four of them then go to Carnival Ride restaurant, a place which is very familiar for Heecheol. He keeps on smiling and shaking his head and his mind is questioning why Kevin chooses that place for office gathering. The traffic is a little bit crazy since is the rush hour. People are coming home from work at this time, so they are not stuck in the traffic jam.

“Let’s turn left in the next intersection and go through Mokpo instead. The traffic is very busy…” Heecheol says.

“Yes hyung, I’m getting upset..” Minwoo agrees.

                They now are on the less busy road. Heecheol always drives in a safe speed, it is okay enough to recognize someone who is walking on the pavement if you know them. Then he accidentally looks at Minha who just came out from a convenience store. Heecheol hits the brake out of the blue because he is slightly surprised by what he sees. Everything becomes worse when he sees three men force her to follow them to the alley. She is about to get robbed or something. Heecheol immediately stop the car in the drop off area and run with all his might to catch them. Minwoo, Hyemi and Kyungri are surprised and questioning Heecheol’s action.

“Mwoya.. mwoya…?” Hyemi is confused.

                Minwoo then runs to follow Heecheol. He is surprised seeing Heecheol is getting hit by the three guys and he sees a woman sitting at the corner. She looks very scared of what happen. Minwoo is about to save her but he is confused whether to save that woman or fighting against those three men to help Heecheol. He decides to call the police instead. Minwoo runs to where the woman is and tries to save her but getting kicked instead because she thought Minwoo was one of the robbers.

“I’m not a bad guy, Let’s go to a safer place..”

                The police officers come and chase the robbers. Two of them are checking Heecheol condition and ask if he need to the hospital or not. Heecheol shakes his head and run towards Minwoo and Minha.

“Are you okay?” Heecheol caresses her jaw. “You’ll be okay, I’m here…” Heecheol hugs Minha.

                Minha nods and Minwoo can only looking at the two while standing. He is trying to get back his senses. He can see that Heecheol’s face is badly hit, it must hurt him a lot. Heecheol takes off his jacket and protects Minha with it. There is a huge crowd near the alley, so the police officers help them to get back to their car.

“I’ll take care of her, we both know each other..” Heecheol says to the police officer with his arm around Minha’s shoulder.

                The police officer then leaves them after settling the situation. Minwoo walks towards the car after he buys two cans of coffee and is about to open the front door.

“You sit at the back!” Heecheol says.

                Minwoo then goes to the back seat and share the tiny space with the girls. He takes out one can of coffee from the plastic bag and is about to give it to Minha. Heecheol is still trying to calm himself down even after he starts driving again.

“Noona…. This is for you….” Minwoo’s hand shakes a bit.

“What noona?! She’s younger than you..” Heecheol yells at Minwoo.

                Minwoo looks at the girls in panic. Minha takes the coffee instead and nods at Minwoo. She is saying thank you in a quiet mode.

“Who… who… are you??” Hyemi stutters.

“She’s someone I know..” Heecheol lowers his tone.

“Ah.. He… Hello..” Hyemi still stutters.

                They all arrive at Carnival Ride restaurant. The Managers are already found the nice spot for the office gathering. Minwoo, Hyemi, and Kyungri go towards them with fake smiles. They are still scared of what just happened.

“Wait here for a moment..” Heecheol says to Minha, then undo his seatbelt.

                Minha immediately grabs Heecheol’s hand. She looks panic. She prevents him to go outside and leave her alone.

“You’ll be fine. It won’t take long. Just lock the door..”

                Heecheol then gets out of his car and enters the restaurant. Minha keeps looking at Heecheol’s back from inside the car.

“Manager Kim, Manager Lee, Manager Kang, Minwoo-sshi, Hyemi-sshi, Kyungri-sshi, I apologize. There’s something I have to do right now. I just come to say sorry..” Heecheol says then bows at them.

                Seeing Heecheol’s face, they all know that he is not at the right time to join the office gathering. Kevin allows Heecheol to go and walks him out. He then waves goodbye and goes back to his officemates.

                Heecheol walks towards his car and gets in then take a deep breath for some time. He wears the seatbelt then turns the engine on.

“Where do you live?” Heecheol asks without seeing Minha’s face.

                Minha tells him her address and they both are not talking to each other. Minha’s hands are still holding the coffee Minwoo gave her earlier. She is looking at her feet and does not have any courage to look at Heecheol’s face.

                Twenty minutes later, they both arrive at the address Minha told. Heecheol parks the car right in front of the alley where Minha’s front door is facing.

“Go in.. I’ll be here until the sun is rising, so don’t need to worry. If something happens, you know which car should get into..” Heecheol helps Minha undo the seatbelt.

                Minha nods and gets out of the car then enters her house. Heecheol adjusts the rearview mirror to check on his face. He then adjusts his seat so he can lie down and get a comfortable position to sleep. He looks at the passenger seat when he is about to lock the door. Minha’s bag is still there, with a teddy bear keychain right on the front pocket.

“Oppaaa…” Minha knocks on the window.

                Heecheol opens the door and let her in. Minha is back and brings first aid box, a blanket and a bowl of ramyeon then hands them to Heecheol.

“Here..”

                Minha open the first aid box and put some alcohol on the cotton and taps it on Heecheol’s left cheekbone.

“Aww… what are you doing?!” Heecheol says in complain.

“Yo…your cheek..” Minha murmurs.

                Minha takes care of Heecheol’s wound, after that, she goes back to her house. She takes her bags and returns Heecheol’s jacket. Heecheol is getting ready to sleep. He purposely stay in the car just to make sure that no one is following Minha and if there is any, he can stop them from entering her house right away.