The Real Reason is....

Run to You

The next morning…

                Minha cooks scramble eggs for breakfast. When she is busy in the kitchen, Heecheol comes out from the bathroom with a white towel above his head.

“Minha-yah, I’m curious. Did you come to Seoul to find me?”

                Minha stops moving her hand, she is taken aback by Heecheol’s question. Her heart beats faster and her brain is working hard to think the best answer for this.

“Um, of course! I want to do something else too.. but yeah, I came here to find you…”

                Minha put the scramble eggs on Heecheol’s plate and on hers. She then pours the milk into their glasses. Heecheol tastes the egg right away and then eats the sausage.

“What would you do if I fall in love with another woman?”

“HUH?” Minha is frozen. “Oh, I wouldn’t do anything…”

“What?” Heecheol frowns. “Can’t you at least say ’Oppa!! Andwaeeee…’ or something like that!?!”

“It’s your heart. It’s something that I cannot control…”

“Yah… you!” Heecheol shakes his head and drinks the milk. “You know what? If you fall for other man, I’ll hunt you down, you’re mine, alright?”

“I’m not yours..”

“You will be..” Heecheol smiles. “Let’s get married…”

                Both of them exchange an intense stare battle for a while. Heecheol is slightly surprised by what he said and Minha is very surprised by what she heard. She then sighs and continues eating her breakfast.

“You’re so rude, do you think I like your joke?” Minha chews the sausage.

“Talking about rude, excuse me.. you broke my nose…”

“I’m sorry about that, but it’s not broken, it’s just… swollen? Umm…does it hurt a lot?”

“Of course it hurts! I feel like I have a koala clinging on my nose right now…” Heecheol frowns.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…” Minha drinks the milk. “Ah, oppa! Do you want to go somewhere with me? Let’s just come back on Sunday. Let’s spend the weekend together. Just you and me.. pweeeaseee?” Minha shows Heecheol her aegyo.

“Are you trying to making up with me? Childish…”

“So, you don’t want to go. That’s fine, I’ll go by myself then..” Minha collects the empty plates and goes to wash them.

“No, no, no.. let’s go together! Minha-yah, take me with you…” Heecheol follows Minha.

“Huh….” Minha raises her eyebrows. “Say ‘please’….”

“Please….” Heecheol rolls his eyes.

“With one condition… let’s go with phones off!”

                Minha looks at Heecheol like she is giving him a challenge. Heecheol thinks for a while. Consider all the calls he might get since his office is dealing with a film scenario now. But Minha is the strongest player on the board right now, he needs to play safe.

“Phones off…” Heecheol nods.

                Minha smiles, knowing that she finally can control the mighty beast. They decide to get ready and go at 11 a.m. Without telling Heecheol where they are going, Minha asks him to pack all the things they might need for three days and two nights. She asks him to bring a tin sauce pan, so Heecheol is being detective at his kitchenette. Meanwhile, the bell rings and Minha opens the door. She stands there like a statue after seeing who comes to their house.

“Hi.. Um, is Heecheol home?”

“Um, yes, he is..” Minha skips a beat.

“Who is it?” Heecheol walks towards Minha while cleaning the saucepan with a piece of tissue. “OH! Noona!!” Heecheol greets the woman.

“Oh.. Heecheol-ah…”

“Come on in…” Heecheol smiles.

                Minha can only look at both of them. She closes the door.

“How have you been..? It’s been a while. Everything okay?” Heecheol put the saucepan inside a black plastic bag. “Have a sit…”

“You’re going somewhere?”

“Yeah.. Minha and I are going to spend the weekend somewhere…”

“Hello, I’m Minha…” Minha bows and greets the woman.

“Ah… Minha. Hi, I’m Hyuna.. Nice to meet you!” Hyuna bows at Minha.

“Noona, want some coffee?”

“No, no.. I’m just going to give this to you. It looks like you both are ready to go as well, so… see you next weekend!” Hyuna gives a white envelope to Heecheol.

“What is this?” Heecheol looks at Hyuna then at the envelope.

“You can read. Well, I’m going! Make sure you two come. I believe you’ll learn something! Bye guys!” Hyuna leaves Heecheol’s house.

                Heecheol opens the envelope, he smiles after he reads. He then convinces Minha to go with him next week even though Minha keeps saying that she is not invited.

“How do you know that eonnie? I think I’ve seen her somewhere…”

“Yeah.. DuGeo shopping mall advertisement..”

“Right!” Minha stops whatever she is doing. “Well, do you know her?”

“She used to come here… often!”

“Used to, huh?” Minha put on her jacket.

“Remember, the hyung I told you? The one who lived here before? She’s his girlfriend..”

“Ah, I thought she was your ex-girlfriend…”

“What? Hahahaha… No, I don’t date older woman..” Heecheol looks at Minha who takes out her luggage. “Hey, why are you taking so many things? Where are we going?”

“Huh.. since when? You’re mentally dating Song Ji Hye!”

“Yah, you’re always angry every time there’s a woman near me…” Heecheol smiles then put his hands on Minha’s waist. “Are you jealous? Do you like me that much?”

“Uhhh, what are you doing?” Minha blinks fast and her hand crossed in front of her chest.

“I love you because you’re always like this every time I come near you. It’s always the same feeling like five years ago. The first day I kissed you at the softball field after school…”

“Do I have to do what I did that day right now?”

“What? Stare at me for a whole minute?”

“No, slap you and step on your feet…” Minha smiles.

“Oh you still remember that..” Heecheol shuckles. “But still, I love you…”

                Heecheol whispers those words then kisses Minha’s lips. She does not do what she did to him five years ago, she wraps her arms on Heecheol’s neck instead, enjoys the love Heecheol gives her and returns the kiss while smiling once in a while. Heecheol hugs her tighter until he can feel Minha’s heartbeat on his chest. He giggles and breaks the kiss.

“Yah… You’re good now..”

“Someone taught me…” Minha caresses Heecheol’s jaw.

“Riiiiiight. Someone in front of you?”

“Nope..” Minha smiles. “Kim Dongjun…”

                Heecheol loses all his smile all of sudden, he then frowns at Minha. The next minute they both leave the house and go somewhere to spend the weekend together.  On the way, they stop at the florist since Minha says that she wants Heecheol buys her some flowers. While sulking like an old man, Heecheol buy her pink roses. Fifteen minutes of driving, they both arrive at the place Minha means to spend together with her man until Sunday.

“This…is your house……”

“Yes!”

“We’ll stay here?”

“Why?” Minha takes out the key from her pocket. “Listen… you know, maybe my house is not as fancy as your apartment..” Minha opens the door. “But the water heater works fine…”

                They both then go inside Minha’s house. Heecheol put all belongings in Minha’s one and only room. He walks around, thinking that this house is not that bad. One bedroom, one bathroom with a fine water heater, a small kitchen, a small living room with a 30 inch flat screen tv hanging on the wall, and a small balcony. Nice, Heecheol says that in his head.

“Your phone please..” Minha walks towards Heecheol, brings a pot.

“You ask me to put my phone in your pot?”

“Yeah, so mine won’t be alone. Turn it off first, please…”

                Heecheol turns off his phone and put it in the pot Minha is holding. She then goes to the kitchen and put the pot above the refrigerator. Heecheol sits on the sofa in the living room. His eyes catch something interesting on the drawer near the tv.

“Happy birthday! I heard you like pink. This is the only pink thing I’ve found at the supermarket near the bus terminal. I hope you like it…” Heecheol gives Minha a birthday gift.

“Thanks…” Minha smiles.

“Bring back memories??” Minha asks from the kitchen.

“You still keep this..” Heecheol lifts the electric candle then put it back to where it was.

“It was the only gift I received that year..” Minha hands Heecheol a glass of mango juice. “so, yeah.. I still keep it..”

                They both then spend the time watching tv and talking about the past. The clock shows that it is 7.30 p.m now, the time for ‘The Ghost of Wind’. Minha cooks two packs of ramyeon and put them in a huge bowl. She plans to eat together with Heecheol, the man who is singing in the bathroom and confesses his love to the water heater. Since it is raining hard outside, Heecheol feels that the water heater is some kind of angle or something.

“Oppa, come here.. Let’s eat together…” Minha waves at Heecheol

“Did you cook something? Ramyeon? Waaaaaaaahhhhh….”

                They both then are eating while watching the drama, even though Heecheol rolls his eyes for thousands times because Minha practically screaming every time Kim Dongjun appears on the screen. During the commercial break, someone knocks on the door.

“Someone visits you? At this hour?” Heecheol looks at Minha.

“I’ll get it…”

                Minha goes towards the door and take a look outside through a window at the kitchen. Hyungsik is standing there, while hugging his bag. Minha opens the door, finding Hyungsik all wet from head to toe.

“HI.. Hyungsik-ah..”

“What’s with your phone?” Hyungsik enters Minha’s house. “I sent an e-mail to you about an hour ago, Manager Song asked us to finish this script to….night...”

                Hyungsik almost cannot finish his words since he looks at Heecheol who is sitting on the floor, eating the ramyeon. He then takes a look at Minha and gives her the ‘what is this?!’ look.

“Excuse me, Heecheol-sshi, right? What are you doing here? At this hour…”

“Excuse me, but I’m going to ask you the same thing…” Heecheol glares at Hyungsik.

                Minha goes between them, trying to control the situation. Hyungslk gives Minha his bag. There pile of papers in it, he then leaves Minha’s house.

“What’s with that kid?” Heecheol continues eating the ramyeon.

                Minha put the bag on the table in her room, she goes back to watch the drama with Heecheol in the living room, but she does not continue eating the ramyeon. She can only stare at the bowl with a sad expression. She then looks at Heecheol, like she is about to tell him something but she does not have any courage to do that.

“Oppa…”

“Hm?”

“You asked me why did I come to Seoul, right? Was it to find you or not, right?” Minha tries to speak calmly.

“It wasn’t, right?” Heecheol stands up, goes to the kitchen and washes his chopsticks.

“I came to see my father…”

                Heecheol stop whatever he is doing right now. He has never imagined that Minha would do that but he tries to understand and listens to her words.

“The company I’m working at right now is one of his company’s branches. I intentionally applied the job there to get a chance to meet him..”

“And why are you telling me all of this?” Heecheol pours the water from the jug to the glass.