Take It or Leave It...

Run to You

In front of the hospital…

“Heecheol-ah…” Hyuna waves.

“Ah, what happened?”

Heecheol runs towards Hyuna right after he parked his car. He runs with all his might, is worried about Hyuna.

“Are you okay? Shall I call Kevin hyung??”

“Nah.. just help me with that bag, please..” Hyuna says as she tries hard to walk using the crutches.

                Heecheol grabs Hyuna bag. He holds it in his chest almost like a school kid does to their bags when they are afraid someone will steal something from them.

“Uh, what happened?”

“I fell.. and I injured my foot..”

“And your fiancé is not the one who picks you up from the hospital. What a gentleman…” Heecheol scoffs.

                Both of them are walking towards that black car which is parked near the exit gate. Heecheol does not talk as much as he usually does and it makes Hyuna wondering.

“What happened?” Hyuna asks.

“Nothing…”

                Heecheol looks at his reflection for a second before he opens the door for Hyuna and then opens the backdoor to put the crutches in. Hyuna sits in the passenger seat and believes that the younger man will drive her home safely. They share a few seconds of awkward moment in the car. Both of them want to say something to each other.

“Noona, I met her…she was, standing in front of my eyes..”

“I told you a long time ago.. You should’ve treated her right..” Hyuna looks at Heecheol in a pity-you look.

“She was with another man.. happily talking and laughing..” Heecheol smirks.

“If you think she is worth to fight for, then come back to her. If you don’t, back off. She has been through a lot. If I knew her, I probably would told her everything about you..”

                Heecheol starts the engine and they are going to Hyuna’s apartment which is located about 20 minutes by car from the hospital.

“Oh, Kevin!” Hyuna answers the phone. “Where are you? Heecheol picked me up from the hospital and now we are on our way to my apartment..”

“Kevin hyung!!” Heecheol yells, hoping that Kevin will hear him.

                Hyuna gives him the ‘shut up’ gesture by placing her finger in front of her lips. She frowns at him. Heecheol mumbles, describing that he is annoyed. About twenty seconds after that, Hyuna ends the conversation with her fiancé.


 

In Hyuna’s apartment…

“Hey, babe.. I’m sorry..” Kevin runs towards Hyuna and kisses her passionately.

“HELLO… I’M HERE!” Heecheol says in high notes as he waves at Kevin.

                Notice the situation, Kevin breaks the kiss and takes Hyuna’s bag from Heecheol then says thank you to him. Without warning, Heecheol runs to the kitchen after he sees that Kevin is already preparing something on the table.

“WOW!! You cooked all of these, Hyung?” Heecheol’s eyes wide open.

“Yah! That’s not for you..”

Hyuna smiles, she likes moments when Kevin and Heecheol fight over something. She then excuses herself to change her clothes.

“Why did you not pick up the phone, hyung? Noona was standing in front of the hospital like a war victim. You are so lucky to have me…” Heecheol shows his evil smile while chewing the pickles he just grabbed from the jar.

“Correction, I am so lucky to have an unemployed little brother like you..” Kevin flicks Heecheol’s forehead as he walks towards Hyuna and helps her walk to the kitchen.

                Hyuna sits across Heecheol and she leans her crutches against the table. Kevin feed her a spoonful of fried rice he cooked earlier.

“Oh, God! What am I doing here?” Heecheol rolls his eyes.

“Yeah, what are you doing here? My woman came back safely so your duty is now finished. Mission success..” Kevin says as he smiles and wishes Heecheol to go.

“I better go..”

“Yeah, you better go..”

“Whatever, hyung..”

                Heecheol stands up and is ready to go. He takes an apple and put it in his pocket.

“Heecheol-ah, thanks for the ride..” Hyuna says as she smiles at him.

“Mmmhhhh…” Heecheol replies in his own way.

“Yah, Jung Heecheol.. You better accept my offer.. Chances don’t come twice..” Kevin yells.

“I’ll think about it, hyung..” Heecheol says as he walks to the door.

“I won’t walk you out..” Kevin yells, again.

“You never will…”

                Heecheol walks toward the elevator since Hyuna’s apartment is on the 16th floor. Along his journey to the parking lot, he looks at his phone screens thousands times. He keeps thinking about what Kevin offered last night. He is not sure he can do it.