The Ghost of Wind

Run to You

In the car…

“Annyeonghaseyo Minha-shi…” Minwoo waves his hand at Minha who sits at the back.

“Annyeonghaseyo….” Minha nods her head.

                Three of them go home without saying anything, when the atmosphere feels awkward Minwoo decides to break it.

“Can I talk down to you, Minha-sshi? You’re younger than me, right? You can call me ’oppa’ then…”

“EH?? NO….” Heecheol says that before Minha gives Minwoo her answer.

“Why?”

“Just, no….” Heecheol tried to keep his poker face expression.

“Are you jealous of me, hyung? Do you like me? You’re so weird..” Minwoo grumbles. “By the way Minha-sshi.. why are you riding this car?”

“Can’t you stop asking questions? Why are you so curious about many things?” Heecheol is upset.

“I’m going home, Minwoo oppa…” Minha smiles.

                Heecheol glares at Minha through the rearview mirror and Minha sticks out her tongue at him. Five minutes later, Minwoo arrives at his neighborhood and only need to go by foot to his house. Minha goes out of the car and sits on the passenger seat. Heecheol refuses to start driving but he keeps staring at his woman for some time.

“What?”

“What’s with that? Why did you call him ‘oppa’?” Heecheol frowns.

“Why??” Minha chuckles. “Are you jealous? Do you like me?”

                Heecheol shakes his head then starts driving.

 

A week later…

                After dinner, Heecheol reads a novel in the living room. They have been very busy up to they have not had time for each other anymore.

“Eo? Oppa, I want to watch The Ghost of Wind. Why are you reading here?” Minha comes to the living room with a bag of tortilla chips in her hand.

                Heecheol presses the power button of the remote control to turn on the tv, but he does that without taking his eyes off of the novel he is reading. Minha is sitting next to him and starts to watch a drama which called “The Ghost of Wind” a romantic drama which is starred by Kim Dongjun, Hyungsik best friend in high school who is currently on a roll because of this drama. Minha starts to become his fan because she thinks he is full of charisma, playing as a manly man named “Ahn Yong Dae”. Heecheol pretends not to care about his surroundings even though Minha often cries while watching this drama.

                An hour later the drama ends. Minha is busy wiping her tears since Ahn Yong Dae let himself shot to protect the woman he loves. Somehow she finds the last scene was very touching. She looks at Heecheol who has not move an inch and keeps reading the novel.

“What? Don’t stare at me like I’m a weird person…” Heecheol suddenly talks.

“I don’t..” Minha panics.

                Heecheol then adjust his position and lie his head down on Minha’s lap then crosses his legs.

“Aigoooo, so comfortable….”

                The surprised Minha is curling her hands in front of her chest and looks at Heecheol as he is a weird person.

“Oppa.. if you read while laying down like this… um, it’s not good for your eyes…”

“Like you know what’s good for my eyes…”

“I know..”

“What’s that?”

“Song Ji Hye…”

“Yah, you’re watching that kid too on tv..” Heecheol sits. “You’re pleasing your eyes…”

“What is this? A revenge?“ Minha looks sad.

“Yah…” Heecheol sighs. “Bring me a glass of water…”

                Minha gives Heecheol a glare but goes to the kitchen eventually then brings him a glass of water. Heecheol folds the edge of the page he is reading and closes the novel, drinks the water and looks at the sulky Minha on his side. He moves closer then caresses her jaw. He kisses her lips without saying anything before. Minha does not move but she pushes Heecheol away instead.

“What?” Heecheol smiles with his right hand still caresses Minha’s jaw. “From now on, kisses and hugs are free…”

“I hate you…”

“I know..” Heecheol tilts his head. “I love you too..”

                They both are staring at each other’s eyes. Heecheol feels that Minha needs some attention from him since they have been busy with their jobs and have not had time to spend together. That is why he keeps teasing her. He loves it when Minha is upset and mad like a little kid.

“I’m going to sleep in your room..” Heecheol washes the glass.

                Minha does not say anything, she goes to her room instead. Heecheol then brings a pillow from his room and goes to Minha’s. He opens the door and sees that Minha holds a pillow and looks like she is about to go.

“Where are you going?” Heecheol asks.

“You said you’re going to sleep here, so I’m going to sleep in your room..”

“Eyyy…stay here..” Heecheol pokes Minha’s head and drags her along to her bed. “What? Are you afraid of me? I’m not some kind of ert…”

                They finally are ready to sleep after played rock, paper, scissors to decide who was going to sleep on the right side of the bed. Minha wins and she sleeps facing the wall and gives Heecheol her back.

“Yah, aren’t you too much? Showing your back while I’m here….”

“Oppa, why are you even here?”

“Minha-yah…” Heecheol starts spooning Minha. “I told you, kisses and hugs are free..” He whispers.

“I told you too, I hate you…”

“I know, sooner or later you’ll be my wife and I’ll make you pregnant..”

“Will that even make me feel better? You’re so weird! Like you know how to make me pregnant….”

“Of course I know.. Shall I show you how, right now?”

“Isssshhhhhh!!!! Shut up..” Minha turns her body and slaps Heecheol’s forehead.

“You always, hit me, slap me, pinch me… why are you so violent? I’m good to you..” Heecheol chuckles.

“You always tease me…”

“Because I like it. I love your reactions. You look like a cartoon character, you know? Amber…”

“You compare me to that weird looking pink train cartoon character?!”

                Minha frowns but it makes Heecheol laughs instead. Heecheol said that they do not have selfie pictures together, since he thinks his phone has a better front camera, he brings it from his room.

“Your arms are long, hold it…” Heecheol gives Minha his phone.

“OH.. NICE!!!” Minha adjusts the angle.

                Jut right before Minha is about to press the capture button, the screen goes off and “Kyungri Sales Team 1” appears on the screen. Minha gives Heecheol right away to let him answer the call. Heecheol press the answer then the ‘speakerphone’ buttons to let Minha hear their conversation. After a minute-long phone call, they start to take a picture of both of them. They end up taking many pictures though, and decide to put all together as a collage and save it as the wallpaper on their phones.

“See? She’s just my office mate, nothing more…”

                Three days later, Minha goes home almost midnight for two days in a row. Heecheol worries about her but she seems cannot get that. Every time Heecheol comes near, she rejects him by saying either she is busy or she is tired. Heecheol accepts this as ‘she is hiding something from him’, so right now, he is sitting in front of her while she is eating her supper heartily.

“Minha-yah… what’s wrong?”

“Huh?”

“What’s up with you?”

“What’s up with me?” Minha stops eating, put her fork down, looks at Heecheol and tilts her head. “What’s up with you?”

“What?”

“Do you know why I came home late yesterday? It was because I cried at the park. I saw you and Kyungri eonnie were hugging like lovers on the bench. She was crying and you wiped her tears. She also wore your jacket, that’s why you smell like a woman’s perfume! Do you know why I came home late tonight? It’s because I went to my house after work, I cried there, telling me that I’ll be okay without you again, but you called me and told me to come here. Are you playing with me? What kind of human are you?!”

                Heecheol is taken aback by Minha’s words. He never thought that she would explode like this. He takes a long breath and sighs.

“Did you listen to our conversation?” Heecheol asks.

“What?!”

“Just answer the question, did you listen to our conversation?”

“No..” Minha looks at Heecheol with teary eyes.

“Okay, I’ll tell you.. we did go to the park and yes…. We spent some times together there. Before I met you again, I knew that she had feelings for me. So I asked her to help me..forget you. She agreed. But it didn’t work out, because I met you again, accidentally. You haunted me and I realized that I couldn’t live without you. I couldn’t. So I told her that you’re living with me and asked her to just become good friends..” Heecheol cannot lift up his head to face Minha.

“Do I have to believe you?” a tear rolls down on Minha’s left cheek.

“You don’t have to. I’m just saying this so you know the truth…”

“I hate you!”

Minha goes to her room immediately. Heecheol follows her but she slams the door right when Heecheol was about to enter her room.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Heecheol screams.

                The door hits his face badly. He kneels on the floor trying to endure the pain, he feels that his nose bleeding and goes to the bathroom right after while curses like an ahjusshi. He washes his hand which is now is less red. Minha knocks on the not so closed bathroom door, asking if Heecheol is okay. She enters and finds Heecheol frowning at the sink, enduring the pain.

“Oppa..” Minha touches Heecheol’s shoulder carefully.

“I think my nose is broken…”

“Let me see…”

                Minha places her hand on Heecheol’s face to see his nose which keeps on bleeding but Heecheol put her hand away from his face.

“It’s really painful. Just stop throwing everything around when you’re mad, okay?” Heecheol, still frowning and closing his eyes while talking to her.

                Minha immediately wraps some ice cubes with a towel and asks Heecheol to lie down on his bed then uses it to treat his nose.