That Production Team Staff is....

Run to You

At 9.20 a.m…

“Welcome to GreenArrow Prouction. This is the Scriptwriting team, well, you both know us already!” said the lady with a blue dress.

“Manager Song, do you have to do this?” Hyungsik asks.

                The scripwriting team members are laughing together. From now on, Minha is working here. She once doubts about this job, but it worth a shot. She and Hyungsik spent three months in this team for internship, and now they are full-timers. Minha knows that Hyungsik will be her partner anyway. Hyungsik is the second son of the CEO of this company. He somehow convinced his father that he will do well in this job. Minha knew this fact right at the end of her internship day. When she asked ‘why didn’t you tell me about your identity earlier?’ Hyungsik only said ‘because you didn’t asked’.

“Minha-sshi, congratulations!” Hyungsik all smile.

“Thank you, congratulation to you too, Hyungsik-sshi…”

                Their tables are side by side. Their jobs are the same. The will come and go home at the same time. Five days in a week. Hyungsik always behaves like a kid, but he impressed Minha by his gentleman-like attitude only when he is with her. That is why Minha is confused about his feelings towards her sometimes. ‘Is he like that to another woman too? Why is he like that to me?’ that kind of thoughts appear in her head.

“May I ask you something?” Minha asks, during their lunch.

“Sure.. What’s that?”

“Why you choose working as a staff? You could be someone with a higher position in this company.. no offense..”

“I’m just.. I don’t know. I probably just think in a different way. Being a regular employee in my family’s company is better than if I choose to be a regular employee in another company.. haha! The fact that I will earn some money with my own sweat is fascinating, you know? I’m starting to think what I will do with the money I will receive every month..”

“What did your father say about this?”

“I actually don’t talk much to him. Even when at home, I spend my time with my mother or just stay in my room…”

“Does he good to you?”

“He’s good. He bought me clothes and food. Your father did the same to you as well, right?”

                Minha does not answer. She keeps continue looking at her rice. Hyungsik looks at her carefully, worrying that his word might hurt her. He never asked about her family. From her reaction, Hyungsik makes a conclusion that Minha does not have a father.

“Why did you apply as an employee here? I heard you were a ballerina before..”

“I just want some people know that I’m alive. I’ve been through a difficult life. Some people left me for unknown reasons. Some people hate me for unknown reasons..”

Their conversation stops for a while when Minha receives a text message from Heecheol. Hyungsik is busy with his food, so he does not pay attention to what Minha is doing.

“I think I’m going to meet Song Ji Hye today! My manager just talked to her on the phone!! He he he….”

“Does he really need to send this message to me?!” Minha murmurs.

“Aahh, Minha-sshi, about two or three days ago, I don’t remember clearly, I passed by your house, but the lamp was off. Do still live there?”

                Hyungsik questions stops Minha from typing a message she is about to send to Heecheol.

“I’ve been staying with my high school friend for almost two weeks now..”

“Ah, it’s good for you. The only high school friend I have was Dongjun-ie. Kim Dongjun. Do you know him?”

“Eeeyyyy, don’t lie! ‘Catch Me If You Can’ Kim Dongjun?! No way…” Minha chuckles.

“I don’t lie. We’re best friends since high school. He will start performing his new musical next month. Shall we go together to see him?”

“Why would a famous actor want to be your friend? You’re a weirdo! Hahaha… I’m just kidding!”

“I’m a good person, why don’t you believe me? You’re making me angry..” Hyungsik smiles.

                They both then continue their lunch and go back to their work after that. They are scheduled to go home at 3 p.m every day. Minha loves it so much because she will arrive before Heecheol does. So she still can prepare the dinner.

 

At 7 pm…

                Heecheol is ready to eat even though he still put the white towel above his head. Minha is looking at him who is currently smiling wide because she cooks kimchi jiggae for him.

“Oppa, your girlfriend is me, right?”

“Huh?” Heecheol scoops a spoon of kimchi jiggae. “Why you ask that?”

“Just asking... Because you always treat me like I’m your younger sister…”

“Really? I don’t kiss my younger sister…” Heecheol slurps the jiggae. “I don’t make love with my younger sister either. The point is…I don’t even have a younger sister….”

“Can’t you be more serious when I’m talking to you??”

“I am serious, Minha-yah. You’re just asking me something weird..” Heecheol shakes his head and continues eating his dinner.

“Just answer it, yes or not?”

“Yah….” Heecheol stops eating. “You already know the answer. Do you think I’m dating someone else while you’re here, living with me? Are you cra…”

“Kyungri eonnie came here and told me to stay away from you…” Minha does not let Heecheol to finish his words.

“What did you say?”

                Heecheol’s mouth is full of rice. He looks at Minha then puts down his chopstick. Minha has not started eating yet. She holds her hands together under the table.

“Who is she….to you?”

                Heecheol stands up then goes to his room and brings a paper bag. He puts it in front of Minha and asks her to open it.

“What… What is this?”

“Open it if you wanna know..”

                Minha slowly open the paper bag. There is a red box in it. She swallows her saliva, seeing that she probably knows the thing inside that box.

“I bought it today. I’m going to propose you when I think you are really ready for that. You totally ruined my plan. Do you still doubt me? If you think I can live without you, I won’t ask you to stay here because that room would be another woman’s room….” Heecheol points at Minha’s room.

“I’m sorry…”

“Whatever.. This soup is super salty and our conversation makes it worse...”

                Both of them then share a silent dinner time. After they finish, Heecheol does the dishes by himself while Minha is cleaning the table. Heecheol then goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth and Minha goes to her room. They do not even say ‘good night’ to each other this time.

 

The next afternoon..

“Yah! Jung Heecheol, you come with me!” Kevin says right after he hung up the phone.

“Yes?”

“We’re going to have a meeting with the staffs from the production house. I think Song Ji Hye agreed to star in the movie which script you have corrected before… Yah! Good job!”

“Song… Song Ji Hye? We’re going to meet Song Ji Hye noona now?”

“Yah!! Get yourself together, I said ‘the staffs from the production house’, why would Song Ji Hye want to meet you?!” Kevin hurriedly leaves his table.

                Heecheol stands like a statue. He has been a fan of Song Ji Hye since high school. He never thought that he would have this kind of connection with that famous actress.

“JUNG HEECHEOL!!! Are you coming or not?!”

                Hyemi hands Heecheol the pile of papers which is saved in a blue file holder then pushes Heecheol to leave.

Kevin and Heecheol then go to the coffee shop near their company building. They need to meet the staffs from the production house at 2.30 p.m. They go there by foot. Along the way, Kevin keeps talking to Heecheol who is still imagining that he could meet Song Ji Hye ‘noona’ one day.

“Yah, Heecheol-ah. One of the staffs we’re going to meet now is a woman and she is very beautiful. I think she’s your type. She speaks well, she is tall, she looks like a cat. You like a woman who looks like a cat, don’t you?”

“Ah, Hyung. Stop it…”

“I think she’s about 170cm? A little bit shorter than Hyuna, but she is really fine. Her eyes are big and her hair is long…” Kevin stops all of sudden making Heecheol drops the file holder he holds in her hand. “They’re over there…”

                Heecheol is still busy picking up the file holder then walks to the table where the production staffs are. Kevin gladly greets them and introduces them to Heecheol right away. He is surprised when he sees that Hyungsik is one of two staffs he is about to have a meeting with, but he is frozen when he seen that Minha is the other one. He then bows at them at sits in front of Minha.

“Eo? I think I’ve seen you somewhere…” Hyungsik says to Heecheol.

“He is my new employee though. By the way, I’m glad that you two made it. Manager Song must love you both so much. Congratulations for being accepted..” Kevin says, half laughing. “Minha-sshi, I finally know now why you didn’t apply to my company. Does Manager Song treat you well? I have a woman employee too in my team. I think you both will get along well…”

                Minha takes a quick look at Heecheol then smiles at Kevin after that. Hyungsik then requests to see the draft of the script for the movie which Song Ji Hye will be the main character in. Four of them then discuss how the movie will be and mark the parts which will be edited. At 4.30 p.m they wrap the meeting up and since it is raining hard out there, they decide to chat for a while.

“You both look good together..” saying Kevin to Hyungsik and Minha.

“I know….” Hyungsik laughs. “But I think she has a boyfriend. She’s cold to me now. I wish I was her high school friend who lives with her, so I’ll know her personality really well..”

“You live with your high school friend? That’s nice…” Heecheol suddenly talks.

                Minha chokes on her coffee and spills it a little. Hyungsik gives her some tissue right away. Heecheol looks at them carefully then sighs.

“Are you okay?” Hyungsik looks worried.

“I… I apologize….” Minha bows at both Kevin and Heecheol.

                Heecheol looks down and is trying hard to prevent himself to laugh. Kevin takes a look at him then hits Heecheol left arm with his elbow, making Heecheol shows a poker face right after. Hyungsik then excuses himself to go first since his father calls him. Minha is about to go with him too but Kevin says that Heecheol will drive her home, so she does not to worry.

“The rain is over, I think we should go now…” said Kevin. “Yah, you drive her home….”

“Pardon?” Heecheol is surprised.

                Kevin gets a call from Manager Lee. There is something they need to talk about and it is urgent. Kevin goes back to the company hurriedly leaving Minha and Heecheol only.

“Yah, you…. You’re daebak!” Heecheol laughs.

“What am I? A spy? You never tell me about your job too…”

“Forget it, let’s go..”

                Heecheol gets up, smirks then pats Minha’s head softly. He asks Minha to wait at the front of the coffee shop while he takes his car key at the company. Ten minutes later, Heecheol appears. Driving his car, but there is another person in it, sitting on the passenger seat.