SydneyFireworks Publisher

Run to You
Three days later… Heecheol walks on the pavement while looking at his phone screen. He finally chooses to take Kevin’s offer. He is now walking to an office which gives him an opportunity to become a freelance worker for two weeks as an assistant editor. He will be working as a proofreader for 14 days. Thinking about how he will spend the days at the office is really disturbing, for him. “Excuse me, on which floor is SydneyFireworks Publisher at?” Heecheol asks the customer service lady. “Heecheol-ah!!” Kevin waves his hand at the younger man. Heecheol then bows to the customer service lady and walks towards Kevin. He then asks Kevin why his department’s name is Sydney Fireworks. Kevin then explains it to Heecheol as they go into the elevator. “15th floor..” Kevin orders. “What?” “Yah.. I’m your boss in this office, you have to follow all my orders.. hahahaha!” Heecheol pushes the button grumpily. He is annoyed by his older brother’s attitude. Actually, Kevin is not his biological brother. They both once lived together when Kevin first moved to Seoul. Kevin is an Australian guy who got a full scholarship in Seoul University. They both worked in a shopping mall before. They lived together for almost four years and Kevin decided to move into a new apartment after he agreed to live together with his girlfriend, Hyuna, a former model of the shopping mall they worked for. Both Hyuna and Kevin fell for each other when they’re studying in English Literature department. After that decision, Heecheol lives alone by himself in a small apartment and has a merged café named “Carnival Ride” which always gives 20% off to couples who visit the café on Mondays. “Welcome to the office…” Kevin walks while open his arms wide. “What are you doing, Hyung?” “I’m the head editor here, don’t call me ‘Hyung’, or… kkrrrrrkkkk” Kevin does the ‘cut the neck’ moves, warns Heecheol to behave. “Okay…” “And, smile… I know the world will end bloody. Life is a roller coaster, let’s just enjoy the ride while we still can..” “Thank you very much for the lecture, hyung.. I mean, Manager Kim..” “Good boy…” Kevin smiles then walks in front of Heecheol, leaving him watching his back. “What’s with ‘good boy’?? I’m not a dog…” Heecheol mumbles, at the back, silently. Everyone bows at Kevin at the entrance of ‘his area’. Kevin may look gentle and all, but when it comes to work, he is a perfectionist person who has no doubt to scold his workers if there they make mistakes. “This is another freelance who will work as my assistant for two weeks..” everyone suddenly looks at Heecheol. “Why do you stand still? Greet them..” “Ah, yes, hello, good morning.. My name is Heecheol, Jung Heecheol..” Everyone bows at Heecheol, making him trying to avoid any eye contact. Kevin then goes to his table and turns his computer on. Heecheol awkwardly follows him and stops suddenly when Kevin sits on his chair. “That’s your seat..” Kevin points at the seat in front of him. “That’s your place for the next 14 days…” “Ah, Yes. Thank you..” Heecheol goes to his seat. “Jung Heecheol, come here..” Kevin orders. “Check if there is any mistakes with spelling, grammar and stuff..” Kevin gives the younger man piles of papers. “All of these?” Heecheol asks then swallows his saliva. “This is nothing compares to what you’re going to face tomorrow..” “Okay, I’ll do it..” Heecheol brings the piles to his table and begins to read it carefully. There is no name of the author for this supposed to be a novel works. The story catches his attention. In a minute, he is immersed to the plot and characters in that story. It apparently is called “Unknown Soulmate”. Heecheol keeps smiling while reading the story but is not losing his focus to correct if there is any mistakes in that works. One of the characters in that story reminds him of someone he knows. He smirks when he sees the name, ‘Park Soojin’, the lead female character who loves eating potato and drinks grape juice. “Miss Pyo!” Kevin calls a name. “Manager Kim, sorry I’m coming late today..” the girl with ‘Pyo Hyemi’ written on her nametag apologizes to Kevin. “What’s with your feet?” Kevin asks. “My cat fought with my neighbor’s this morning. I had to stop them but she ended up scratching my feet instead..” “Get to your desk then. Those scripts are waiting for you..” Kevin sighs. “Oh, and..the guy on your left is your new partner. You both are going to work together from now on..” The Pyo Hyemi girl bows at Heecheol and he does the same after he stands up and pulls out her chair. Both of them are still awkward with each other. Kevin steals quick glances once in a while. Just to check if his two assistants are doing well with their job. It is time for lunch. Kevin goes to the cafeteria on the first floor in a rush. He has to meet a client who visits him during lunch break. Heecheol is still busy with his “Unknown Soulmate” scripts and Hyemi is busily typing on her computer. “Hyemi-sshi…You’re not going to have a lunch?” Heecheol asks his new partner. “I packed myself some tuna sandwich.. You want some?” She answers, with her eyes fixed on the screen and her fingers are dancing on the keyboard. “Ahh.. no, thanks. I don’t eat fish…” Heecheol stays silent for a while. “What are you doing, right now?” “I’m correcting the mistakes.. basically, I’m doing what you’re doing right now. I’m just using the computer..” “Is it better?” Heecheol, asks. Carefully. “I don’t think so. My eyes hurt. My neck hurts. My wrists hurt. You’re not going to have a lunch break?” “Ahh..” Heecheol can see that Hyemi is getting annoyed by his questions. “I’m going..” Heecheol stands up from his seat and goes to the cafeteria. He then orders a bowl of kimchi jiggae and a bottle of mineral water. He eats her lunch in a peaceful mode right before he accidentally sees the person who went to the café with Minha the other day. “What is that tall kid doing in here?” Heecheol mumbles, to no one but himself. After he finished eating his lunch, he goes to the vending machine near the elevator and buys a can of cola and a can of grape juice. Then he goes back to the 15th floor and finds that his partner is working hard while munching her tuna sandwich. Heecheol gives a can of grape juice to Hyemi and sits on his seat while sipping the coffee. “I don’t know if you like coffee or not, so I bought that instead. I heard girls like grape juice..” “Huh. Girls? Seems like you’ve known many girls..” “Well..” “We are dealing with words here. I’m sorry if I’m too sensitive..” Hyemi opens the can right after she ends her sentence with a soft laugh. Heecheol smirks. He knows Hyemi is clever after he heard what she was saying. Heecheol shakes her head lightly then goes back to his work and makes sure that he put his coffee away from the scripts. He knows that he is a bit clumsy, accidentally pouring his coffee over those papers would create a whole new story.