Let's forget

Afire Love | ChanBaek/BaekYeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unedited!

The moment Baekhyun woke up again, his head was hurting and pounding, but he managed to squint his eyes, trying to peek through.

“Baekhyun? Are you okay?” asked a familiar worried voice whilst he felt some warm hands shaking his body slightly.

Baekhyun rose up his head only to be met with the eyes he had missed seeing. “Luhan!” he suddenly yelled happily as he hugged him tightly. After hugging him, he immediately turned around, only to spot Kyungsoo stared at him with wide eyes in surprise. “Kyungsoo!” he yelled again, leaning over the desk to hug the smaller one as well.

“What’s up with him?” he asked Luhan, totally ignoring that their friend could hear perfectly. “Baekhyun, what’s up? Did you have a nightmare as you fell asleep?”

The said boy sat back down in his own seat. They definitely didn’t know…but had it all happened? If everything was a dream after all, then it’d be Tuesday, not Wednesday. “What day is it? What date?” he asked, his heart beating faster the longer he waited for them to answer. Please be Tuesday.

“It’s Wednesday, 17th. Why?”

He fell silent for a moment. “Nothing,” he replied, sighing heavily. It had all happened.

As the males walked out of the classroom, Baekhyun still felt a bit dizzy, but he figured it must be because he’s finally in his own body now, and for whatever the reason it was, it was definitely a side effect.

“You don’t seem well Baek. Just go home, okay?” Kyungsoo suggested, but there was no way Baekhyun would go home. He had kind of been away from school until now anyways, and it already made him anxious.

“No, I’m staying,” he replied.

Luckily it was lunch, and they only had one class left afterwards, so Baekhyun just had to put the books in his locker and get some food that’d hopefully help his dizziness.

For a moment, Baekhyun was only thinking of Chanyeol’s combination locker code and did that instead, so he managed to put in the wrong code, which his friends noticed.

“Wrong code mate,” Luhan sighed as he pointed at it, “is that your code for something else or something?”

Nervously, Baekhyun replied, “y-yeah. Forgot for a moment.”

Luhan snorted, but gave him the time to do the right code, push his books inside, shutting it close, and then heading together towards the cafeteria.

It took some time until Baekhyun felt better since he woke up in his own body again; he had more of a appetite and bought some food for lunch and two bottles of water as he felt very thirsty.

“Feel better?” his friends asked, which he just nodded to.

Throughout the rest of the school day, Baekhyun couldn’t concentrate on his studies. All he could think of was how crazy the last two days had been. He had literally been inside another person’s body, and that same person in his. Baekhyun was actually Park Chanyeol for one and a half days, hiding it from everyone else but those two.

It was so weird pretending to be Chanyeol, he thought to himself. Being a person he despised at first sounded like the darkest hell he could ever imagine, but living as Chanyeol for a short while, wasn’t too bad after all. It could’ve been wrong, believe it or not.

Baekhyun felt so many different things about this. The fact that he wasn’t the only one knowing this, with the other being Chanyeol, he’d be sure he had turned crazy, but the fact Chanyeol knew it all too and was just as worried as he was, it just meant it was only meant for them to know, and for them to experience it, whatever it was.

I want to talk to Chanyeol, he thought, I want to tell him how I felt, and I want to listen to him how he felt during all this.

Baekhyun guessed that he wouldn’t be seeing Chanyeol anytime soon that Wednesday at school, so he rather prepared going out that evening. He didn’t want to directly knock on the Park’s house as his parents would most likely open, and his own parents would see everything from the kitchen window, which would only mean trouble later on. Instead, Baekhyun went to the basketball field in their neighbourhood around eight o’clock after eating dinner and sneaking out his new escapeway (thanks to Chanyeol for introducing him the window).

He didn’t hold track of time, but he guessed he had played by himself for at least two hours, and he thought he should head back home soon, but as he caught his ball after trying to shoot it in the net and turned, he spotted the familiar tall figure walking in the opposite direction.

A smile curved his lips automatically and called out whilst waving his hand, “Chanyeol!”

The figure stopped and slowly turned around, hesitantly greeting the smaller one that came running up to him. “Hey...” he said.

Baekhyun didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter