It can't be

Afire Love | ChanBaek/BaekYeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unedited! < really, this must be filled with typos, but I'll fix it sooner or later; just wanted to share this chapter with you first~ sorry for slow updates, my job is literally taking all my time away. Anyways, I hope you'll like this chapter! Have a good day/good night .xx 

Baekhyun’s mind was filled throughout the day. He even went home straight away without waiting for his friends, and Chanyeol. Just when he was close to the basketball field near the neighbourhood, he heard his name being shouted in a distance.

“Baekhyun!” Baekhyun pretended he didn't hear and continued walking until he felt someone grabbing his shoulder to stop him. “Baekhyun, what's wrong, didn't you hear me? I called you, like, several of times,” said the giant the smaller one didn't want to be around with at the moment.

“Sorry, didn't hear,” he lied.

“What's wrong?” the other asked worriedly. He held on to Baekhyun's hands with his and squeezed them softly.

Baekhyun was so taken aback he immediately snapped his hands back, staring at the taller one with wide eyes, ignoring the sudden heart beat in his chest. “What - what are you doing?” he asked flustered.

“What is it?” Chanyeol asked confused. “I'm trying to tell what's wrong with you and why you were ignoring me.”

Baekhyun stared at him for a second. “So you knew?” he asked, slightly ashamed.

“Of course,” he said, “I know when you're lying Baek.”

Baekhyun scuffed. “Well, so what if I'm lying?” he snapped, “it's not your job to take care of me whatever thing that is bothering me. You're not my family, and you're not my boyfriend.”

Chanyeol looked taken aback, but he still talked calmly. “I never said I was,” he said quietly.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows at him. “But you like me, don't you?” he said like it was a fact.

“So you've noticed?” Chanyeol asked, looking to be more scared than he was before. He was extremely nervous by the fact the smaller male was aware of his feelings.

“Everyone noticed Chanyeol,” Baekhyun sighed, “one does not go from hating me to being that affectionate just like that. Everyone would suspect, and apparently they were right.”

Chanyeol had to blink to process what the other said. “Wait, so you didn't notice but other people did?” he asked.

Baekhyun nodded. “I just wanted to know from you if it was true or not. When Luhan told me I needed to stop playing with your feelings, I wanted to know if he was right or not, and he was. I mean, he is,” Baekhyun said, more sadly than before. The petite male didn't feel good by the fact that he was in fact playing with his best friend’s feelings without knowing, and not being able to do anything with it.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol started, lifting up his chin so their eyes connected, “don't blame yourself, okay? It's not your fault my feelings are like this, and don't feel bad for not returning them. Just…” Chanyeol was on the edge of crying, but he did his best to hold it in to not seem too emotional. “Just please promise me you'll still be my friend. Please don't leave me,” he whimpered.

Baekhyun was almost crying as well. “I promise,” he said through teary eyes, “can - can I hug you?” It felt weird for him to ask permission for a hug, and he felt stupid, but he really wanted to hug his friend now.

“Don't ask for permission Baek,” the taller said and pulled him softly into a big bear hug.

 

The next morning it was almost back to normal - almost. Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s friendship remained the same, although it wasn’t a secret anymore that Chanyeol did fancy him. Baekhyun felt awkward about certain things, but he tried to just ignore it instead of doing anything. It’s not like he could do much anyways. He didn’t feel anything for the other, did he? Baekhyun was sure he didn’t, but when his heart would flutter at certain moments like when their hands would accidentally touch when walking side by side was when he started to question himself.

It’s because I know he likes me, not the other way, he always thought to himself, trying to convince himself otherwise.

“How’s it going?” Luhan asked Baekhyun in class when he got the chance as their teacher left the classroom to get something.

“Good?” Baekhyun answered, although it sounded more like a question. “Why?”

“Well, about you and Chanyeol I mean,” Luhan said.

“We’re good,” he said again.

“So there’s nothing between the two of you?” he asked surprised. “You don’t fancy him?”

“Did you think so?” Baekhyun asked, blushing slightly, “I mean, I like him as a friend, but I’m not interested in him in a romantic way.”

“Then why don’t I believe you,” Luhan muttered under his breath, although the other didn’t hear and continued with his work as the teacher came back in again.

Of course lunch appeared sooner or later, and when Baekhyun saw how close Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter