Neighbours

Afire Love | ChanBaek/BaekYeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun thought his life was pretty normal. He had a few friends he hung out with on school. He wasn’t one of the popular, but he didn’t care. He didn’t want to be popular. He just wanted to survive high school, and then move onto more school related work.

Baekhyun sighed at the thought. Did he really want to go to college? That meant more school. It made Baekhyun sigh again in disbelief.

“What’s with the sighing?” Do Kyungsoo, a close friend of Baekhyun, asked when he noticed the unsatisfied look on Baekhyun’s face. Even if Baekhyun was good with his studies and never caused trouble, he didn’t particular like school. He liked seeing his friends, but he didn’t like the other people. Going to school meant meeting all of the people there. Baekhyun didn’t like that. There would always be people he didn’t like, and he had to face that even after high school. There was no way college was actually that much better than high school; it’s just an upgrade of the same version.

“Nothing. Just a bit tired”, he lied in reply. Baekhyun didn’t want anyone to know his thoughts about his future. He just simply went with the flow. However, Kyungsoo almost caught him red-handed. It made Baekhyun nervous, but he managed to convince his friend that he shared his parents’ dreams.

“Come on”, he said as he dragged Baekhyun when they had stopped at the gate to their school. It was occupied by the most popular group in their school. Baekhyun wanted to do anything to avoid them. They were that group that practically ruled the school. They were kings here. They could do whatever they wanted, and get away with it.

Baekhyun scanned them one by one as he and Kyungsoo passed them.

Oh Sehun, a rich and spoiled brat. He did everything to get whatever he wanted. Money was never a trouble for him.

Tao, Sehun’s twin-but-not-that-look-alike brother, was the same. No comments on him.

Kim Jongin, also nicknamed Kai, was a playboy jerk. He had slept with at least half of the school, both girls and boys, believe it or not. His father was the principal of their school.

Then it was their leader, Kim Junmyeon. If Sehun and Tao were rich, Junmyeon was even richer. It was believable that he was the leader.

There was also Wu Yifan, also nicknamed Kris, Tao’s boyfriend. They were practically inseparable. Yifan was known for being a flirt, but he would always stay with Tao no matter what. He wasn’t much of a bully or a bad guy, at least not what Baekhyun had seen or heard. He was just hanging out with them. Sure, he came with comments and making fun of some people, but he wasn’t the worst one of the bunch. Not even close to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun shivered just thinking of his name.

Park Chanyeol was the worst of them all. Everything about Chanyeol made Baekhyun want to vomit. Everyone feared that guy with his piercing glares, cold attitude and personality. He was the strength in the group. He had beaten up half of the school. He had a bad temper. It made people make sure to stay away from him. Baekhyun has even been a victim to his fighting and angriness. Since then, that happened merely two years ago, it was still fresh to Baekhyun’s mind. He had hated the guy ever since. If Baekhyun had the choice to choose between the guys in the group, he’d do everything to not be even close to Park Chanyeol. He hated him more than school.

“Baekhyun, quit staring or they’ll see you”, Kyungsoo whispered as he had noticed Baekhyun stopped to look at them. Baekhyun wasn’t even aware of his own actions, but when Sehun saw them, they both knew it was too late. Say goodbye to none-black eyes.

“W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter