Perfect son?

Afire Love | ChanBaek/BaekYeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey kid!”

Baekhyun stopped right in his tracks. His heart was racing out of his chest. His fear was taking over him. Whenever Chanyeol would address him, he’d call him kid. Not that he practically called him. It was just a common thing in their group. If they wanted to call Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Luhan, Minseok, or any other short unpopular students, they usually refered to them as kids, as every member of their gang were tall. They simply didn’t care enough to learn other names beside themselves.

Baekhyun slowly turned around, still shivering as he stood still. At first he thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. He was expecting the cold guy to stand with his hands in his pocket whilst giving him a glare. He was expecting him to be ready to punch him or give him some mean comments about him. What Baekhyun wasn’t expecting was seeing that same bully standing beside a big tree, staring straight up, not even sparing a glance at Baekhyun.

Did he hear wrong? Baekhyun was about to start and walk again until he was being called again.

“Climb up the tree. A cat is stuck there”. Baekhyun’s jaw literally dropped down. He didn’t move until the cold guy moved his gaze from the tree to the kid he was calling. “What are you waiting for?”

That made Baekhyun move. He didn’t want to help Chanyeol with anything, but he knew he couldn’t disobey him. It’d only make it worse. He dropped his bag down at the ground and started to climb the tree. He spotted the cat on the tip of a branch, looking terrified. Baekhyun was just as terrified as the cat. He had a fright from heights, but his biggest fright was Park Chanyeol.

The short male would rather fall and maybe even die if it meant to be away from Chanyeol. Baekhyun had reached the cat and carried it back down. He was surprised he had managed to survive, both from falling and having a heart attack. Chanyeol grabbed the cat and forced it out of Baekhyun’s arms as soon as he landed on the ground again and started to pat it.

“Don’t go and climb up trees Nora”, Chanyeol whispered to the cat. Baekhyun could swear he saw a small smile on his face, but that would’ve been impossible to Baekhyun. Did Chanyeol even know how to smile? “You can go now”. Chanyeol’s sudden voice broke Baekhyun out of his trance.

He grabbed his bag, bowed, and then walked as fast as he could back to his home. He had never been that desperate to reach home before. It was just as bad as school. Actually, he liked school even better. At least he could meet his friends there. Home was just a place where he’d eat, sleep, and then study. It was the same at school, just that he didn’t sleep there. Except from one time when he couldn’t sleep at night because of his parents nagging him to study since his exams were close. It’s bad when your parents force you to choose studying over sleep.

“Hey Baekhyun”, Mrs Byun greeted him as he entered the house. “Saw you talking with someone”. Baekhyun froze in his step, catching his mother’s attention from the kitchen as she was preparing dinner.

“Oh, it was just someone from school. He’s bad at climbing, so I did instead to save the neighbour cat”, Baekhyun replied, mentally praying that his mother wouldn’t say anything more about it.

“Friend of yours?” Baekhyun cringed at the thought. God no.

“Not really. Just a guy from school”. Baekhyun was hoping their conversation would drop, and so it did. His mother wasn’t someone who was interested in Baekhyun’s private life, especially his social life. She only asked him to just at least seem like a mother.

His mother’s attention went back onto the food she was preparing, and he went up to his room and shut the door. He threw his bag beside his bed whilst opening up his window as he inhaled the fresh air and went his hands through his hair. He had closed his eyes and he rested on the window frame, and slowly opened them, only to be greeted by a pair of other eyes staring right back at him.

Chanyeol lived in the opposite house on the other side of the street, and their bedroom windows where on the exact same spot. He was doing the exact same thing as Baekhyun, and he didn’t even notice. But the piercing glare made Baekhyun break out of his thoughts and move. He stepped away from the window, giving the boy one last glance before moving out of his sight, and started working on his homework.

Baekhyun didn’t know why, but he was curious if Chanyeol was still by the window, and slowly approached the window again to see if he was still in his previous spot. He was, but had his head down. Baekhyun had bent down to only peak with his head to look at the cold guy. He looked frustrated, Baekhyun thought to himself. He was constantly running his hand through his hair, sighing, and he could even hear him mumble something to himself that Baekhyun couldn’t hear. He suddenly looked up, startling Baekhyun, and he hid himself to not get caught. He wasn’t sure if he was, but crawled to his bed to not risk his precious life anymore. He didn’t even know why he was curious in the first place. In fact, he was happy the cold guy was having a hard time.

“Baekhyun, it’s dinner!” Baekhyun’s mother called after Baekhyun had finished his homework. He had heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter