Own body, own life

Afire Love | ChanBaek/BaekYeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unedited! 

The moment Baekhyun was awake, he was too scared to open his eyes. He was afraid he was still in Chanyeol’s room and body; he wanted to go back. He managed to turn off the alarm without looking though, so it stopped making the horrible noise he hated so much.

He slowly peeked through his eyes, hoping to see his own ceiling, but since they both had a white ceiling, it didn’t really tell him where he was.

He rolled to the side as he peeked to see if he either saw Chanyeol’s drawer with a Batman underwear hanging on one handle, or his study desk that was probably messy because of the other male.

He did indeed see the Batman underwear; Baekhyun rolled back on his back and sighed heavily in disappointment. I’m still here, he thought to himself.

With heavy steps, Baekhyun went to take a shower (careful not to witness the snake), put on clean clothes, and go downstairs to eat the breakfast Mrs Park had made for the family.

“Good morning,” she greeted as soon as her ‘son’ walked down and took a seat.

Baekhyun nodded. “Yeah, morning,” he greeted tiredly - and also irritable because he was still stuck here and what had happened yesterday was not a dream after all - which she seemed to have noticed his behaviour, but didn’t say anything.

“You can at least greet the right way son,” Mr Park said sternly, glaring at him over the newspaper he was holding up.

Baekhyun gulped. “Yeah, uh, sorry,” he muttered, “good morning, mom, dad.”

Both of their eyes widen in shock as they stared at him, and Baekhyun knew he ed up this time.

“Just drop it, okay, I don’t feel too good today,” he used as an excuse and tried his best to look as carefree and cold as possible like the usual Park Chanyeol. “I’m skipping breakfast. I’m off.” And then he just hurried outside.

He wanted to knock on to his house to ask for Chanyeol to come, but it’d be too weird for his parents so he decided he’ll just see Chanyeol at school anyways.

For a moment, Baekhyun forgot he was in Chanyeol’s body and almost approached his friends, Luhan and Kyungsoo, but as Jongin called for him across the hall, he approached them instead with heavy feet.

“You alright mate?” he asked, looking to be slightly worried.

“I’m fine,” he muttered.

“Yeah, he seems better than yesterday,” Sehun teased as he appeared too.

“Yeah, you were so weird yesterday,” Jongin laughed, “still wanna go to class?”

Baekhyun knew this was a test. He knew Chanyeol would say no if it was him, so what was the point in trying to force himself on Chanyeol? Let’s just be Chanyeol for today. “No,” he said.

“Then why did you yesterday?” Tao asked.

“I don’t know, okay?” he suddenly yelled at them. “Can you stop asking me millions of questions already? It’s seriously getting annoying.”

“He’s back,” they all said at the same time, grinning at him.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and started walking away from the school with the boys, but his eyes drifted off and he spotted Chanyeol not too far away, on his way to school. “Wait for a minute,” he quickly said to them and walked over towards him.

“Going somewhere?” Chanyeol asked him as he eyed his friends not too far behind. “Is it something important? You’re ruining my image by talking to…you.”

Baekhyun stared at him. “Excuse me?” he said offended. What was his problem?

“Forget it then, if it’s nothing,” he said with a slight shrug, “you’re going out of school? Good, just follow my friends and you’ll be good. The more dangerous things you dare to do, the better and more convincing you seem. See you later Baek.” And with just that, he walked off.

Now Baekhyun felt even more irritated and pissed off than before. This morning he was depressed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter