Chapter 9

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 9

 

 


 

 

You where walking alone on the way to school when a familiar touch approached you. It was the same arm that were always around your shoulder, you knew straight away that it was Ten even without having to check. You looked up at him to see a rather shocked face.

 

“Oh! I almost thought I got the wrong person! Aigoo, you got your hair cut?”

 

Well you didn’t exactly change much, but you did get a fringe. You just wanted a little change to your hairstyle so you decide to try something new, something you haven’t done before and it was to have a fringe. You just got it cut yesterday, so apart from your family, not one else has seen it yet. 

 

“Mmm” you simply answered him.

 

“It looks weird on youuuuuu~” he suddenly commented. You didn’t know why but his words made you feel something, somehow full of regret but you didn’t let it bother you.

 

“It’s my hair and it goes on my head and I like it so it’s fine. If you don’t like it then just don’t look at my face.” You nudged his arm off your should and continue walking with a straight face.

 

He watched as you walked off and started to feel a little guilty for teasing you again. “Yah~ Kim Hee Yeon!” “Hee Yeon ah!” Ignoring him, you just continued walking.

 

Suddenly he ran and stood right in front of you, almost crashing onto him but stopping yourself just in time. You watched him carefully as he bent down a little to make sure his height was similar’s to yours and that your faces were facing each other exactly at the right point.

 

“Yah. Babo~ Why do you get mad so easily? You can’t even take jokes?” he said as he tilted his head towards the right.

 

You felt stares and people talking about you guys around you, well you guys were on the streets after all. A feeling of embarrassment hit you not wanting others to misunderstand or for you guys to become a hot topic to talk about.

 

Quickly making a decision on what to do, you backed off a little creating some distance, “Sumbae! Many people are watching!” You backed off a little more before walking off, right past him, however this time something grabbed your arm, pulling you back. You tripped a little being turned back, but Ten soon got you to face him. 

 

“What I actually wanted to say was… it looks good on you” his words somehow made you angry but glad at the same time, you wanted to be mad at him for always making fun of you instead of being truthful but somehow giving you a surprise through his ways seemed good as well. You saw his hand make it’s way to your hair, so a moment you e’rent sure what he was about to do but you soon got an answer.

 

His hand ruffled your hair ever so lightly but it was enough to make your heart race a little. “You’re so cute” he said quietly, you weren’t sure wether you were supposed to have heard that or not but either way you did. “Let’s go” he said with out much expression, walking off.

 

You shyly smiled a little to your self before walking again.

 

 

— — —

 

 

After school, your friends and you decide that you guys would be going out together as of last time since you weren’t able to join.

 

You guys were heading towards the school gates when you heard a familiar voice call your name. “Hee Yeon ah!” You turned around and smiled happy that he finally called you by your name. “Do you want to go home together?” Ten asked as he walked closer.

 

Your smile turned into a apologising pout before you answered him, “Mianhae… I have plans with my friends today…”

 

“Ah~ Arrasseo, It’s fine, we can go home together another time~ Have fun~” He said, ruffling your hair again before leaving.

 

“Yah since when where you that close to Ten Sumbaenim, he calls you by name and even get’s all touchy now?” Yoon Joo nudged you.

 

“Huh? Oh… Yea…” you didn’t know what you were supposed to say.

 

 

Jae Hyun, Do Young, Yoon Joo and you all set off together to the mall. You guys found a place to stay at almost immediately when you guys got there.

 

“We’ll go get some drinks~ You guys stay here okay?” Yoon Joo happily said, you knew what she was up to.

 

“I’ll come with you guys” you tried to go as well but you pretty much knew she wasn’t going to let you. She wanted you to stay with Do Young.

 

“No~ Are you planning to leave Do Young alone?” you sighed as she smirked and headed off with her boyfriend.

 

Do Young and you didn’t have much to say, in fact there was no conversation going on…

 

It wasn’t until a while later, Do Young started a conversation.

 

“A-are you really close to Ten Hyung?” you could tell he was hesitant about asking that question. His question wasn’t something that you could easily answer, there were too many possible things that you could thing of saying. You were close to Ten, but you weren’t close to him in some aspects either, and the way you were close to him was quite different between Do Young and yourself so you didn’t really know what kind of answer he was expecting or what answer you could have given him. You remained silent and you saw him look away a little trying to give up in finding an answer.

 

Seeing how much of an answer he wanted you deiced to reassure him, but just as you spoke up, he did the same. “Do Young ah…” “Hee Yeon ah…” You both turned to look at one another, blushing a little. “You first” both of you said in illusion again. “Ani~ You first~” Do Young quickly said before you could do the same. 

 

You took a deep breathe before going over your words and telling him. 

 

“Do Young ah… You’re one of my bestest friends even if I don’t show it, I do count you as one. You’re different from everyone else and you’re special just how you are, no one will ever replace you for me… I am close to Ten but it’s not like that, he isn’t going to replace you. Just because I’m close to him doesn’t mean that I aren’t going to be with you. I know lots of things have changed but-”

 

“Oooooh~ Yah since where you two that cheesy?” You jumped a little when you turned around to see who was listening.

 

“Yah! Since when were you two back?”

 

“Mmm a while ago?”

 

“Yeppp~ we heard everything~ It’s okay don’t worry we didn’t miss anything” Jae Hyun and Yoon Joo teased.

 

Both of you immediately turned red and looked away.

 

“Aigoo they’re just so cute aren’t they~” Jae Hyun sat down placing drinks infront of everyone.

 

Jae Hyun took a sip of his drink before proceeding the conversation, “How do you guys know Ten Hyung?

 

“He’s Johnny’s friend~” Yoon Joo answered for you since you were still quite embarrassed.

 

“Jinja? I didn’t even know~ Oooh so that’s why Ten Hyung and Hee Yeon are close~”

 

“Mhmm~ But I didn’t even know they became close until today?” Do Young and you stayed quite as you guys watched the couple talk.

 

“Yah~ Hee Yeon how come you didn’t tell me?” you met your friend’s gaze as soon as you heard your name.

“Huh? Oh… Uh… We just… hangout sometimes?” you tried to make a valuable answer for her.

 

“Mhmm~ hangout only you two?” Jae Hyun smirked.

 

You nodded.

 

“Awww~ Are you sure that’s not a date?” Yoon Joo tried to squeeze more information out of you.

 

“Aniya! We’re just… uh… food buddies… like we just go out to eat food! It’s not like that!” you said but it only caused more smirks. “We’re really not dating-“

 

“But do you like him?” Do Young suddenly asked, making everyone quite and looking towards his direction.

“W-w-wha-t?” it took you a long time to get your self to say something but seriously what?

 

“You might not be dating but you could still like him?” Do Young didn’t dare to look at your face, he didn’t want to look at your face. He was scared, what if, what if you really liked Ten and… he didn’t know and to be honest maybe it was a bad idea for him to ask. What if you said yes? He didn’t know what he would do then.

 

“I-i- don’t… like him…” you managed to get yourself to say. You thought that you were saying the truth, at least you hoped that you were saying the truth, you didn’t want to lie to yourself either.

 

“Maybe he likes you then~” Jae Hyun smirked.

 

“Mwo?”

 

“Oh my gosh! Maybe he does! Like he’s all touchy with her now~ Hair ruffles~ Dates~” Yoon Joo joined in.

 

The couple continued teasing you while you just tried your best to get them to believe you. Do Young seemed to become quite, he didn’t ask you anymore questions, nor was he teasing you. You wouldn’t deny it though, because you were worried about him and you didn’t want him to get hurt or anything.

 

 

 

Do Young ah… Can you please give up on me? Because it would be a lot easier for me to give up on you if I knew you weren’t in pain and hurting… I don’t want you to go through all this pain because of me…

 

 


Author's Note

Thanks for loving this story and baring with my slow updates ㅠㅠ
I'll try my best to update faster ^^
Enjoy!