Chapter 8

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 8

 


 

 

Johnny’s always late in the morning, so he always told you to go first. You were heading towards the bus station alone but when you lifted your head up you saw someone standing right in front of you. For a moment you didn’t believe what you saw.

 

“Oppa?!” you said very surprised. 

 

“Guess who woke up early?” Johnny gave you a cheeky smile.

 

“You should have called me~ I would have waited in the lobby”

 

“Well I knew I was going to see you anyway… so surprise!~” you laughed at your cousin. Aigoo, sometimes he was such a kid, you couldn’t believe he was older that you. He should seriously stop showing his aegyo to you and instead some other girls to win over their heart.

 

The bus arrived and you guys got on, finding a seat for the two of you and sitting down next to each other.

 

“Oppa… Ten has a crush right?”

 

“Why are you suddenly asking about Ten?” his eyes looked like they were about to pop out.

 

“Well… Uh… talking about weird things…”

 

“Aish that guy, he likes a girl and he didn’t even tell his best friend?”

 

“Well he claims that he doesn’t but then judging the questions he asked me…”

 

“What did he talk to you about?”

 

“He was asking me questions about something to do with a girl hating him or something but he likes her… yea something like that”

 

“Wah~ Ten’s finally a man then~ Asking girls about this and that… He probably does like someone” he smirked. “Ah by the way, are you going to come over after school to try the recipe from last time?” 

 

“Mhmm~ unless you have something to do again?

 

“I should be okay today~ Hopefully nothing pops up out of no where again” you watched as Johnny scratched his head.

 

“Then I’ll meet you at the usual place” you smiled back at your childish cousin. 

 

 

— — —

 

 

Kicking your feet, you stood near the school gates waiting for Johnny to arrive.

 

“Hee Yeon ah~” he was here, you didn’t even need to see his face to know since you recognised his voice perfectly. You looked up to greet him, but when you did you noticed two people instead of one.

 

“Oh Oppa~” you looked at the person beside Johnny.

 

“Annyeong” Ten greeted you.

 

“So are we going to my place?” Johnny asked you.

 

“Mhmm~”

 

“What are you guys going to do?” Ten asked, you could tell there was a small smirk plastered on his face.

 

“Ah~ We’re planning to try out the new recipe we made”  you cousin simply answered his best friend.

 

“You should have said that earlier, you see why people can take you as cousins~ infact that could also be wrong” he smirked wider, you knew exactly what he meant and what he was thinking so you gave him a glare, “I’m just joking~” then he smiled, and it wasn’t just a smile, it was a… an eyesmile. It was that kind of eyesmile that was so strong that you forgave him for what he said immediately. You made a metal note to yourself that you should never ever fall for his eyesmile again or you’ll end up forgiving him for everything.

 

“Sumbae you should come with us too~”

 

“What?” Johnny sounded like he was about to die from shock.

“Sumbae, we’re eating buddies right? So why don’t you come and try the food?” you looked from Ten back to Johnny, “Oppa your best friend loves food the most, probably even more than he loves you” you jokingly said.

 

“Yea, I love food more than anything else in the world” Ten nodded

 

“Even more that me?” Johnny turned to face his best friend.

 

“Mhmm~ Everything.”

 

“Yah! That’s so meannnnn” Yup, his aegyo would defiantly be the next thing that came out, and you didn’t want to see it. These boys were just so childish sometimes, it made you wonder how in the world they were older than you.

 

“Yah~ You guys are so childish~ Let’s go” you used one hand to drag Johnny and the other to drag Ten.

 

“Who said I was letting him into my house?” Johnny whined.

 

“Oppa! Stop~ You’re being so childish, how are you expecting to take care of your future girlfriend” you gave yourself a small slap on the forehead.

 

“Yea Hyung, no wonder she’s dated before you did” Ten nudged his bestfriend.

 

“Wait… how do you know?” you let go of Ten’s arm and looked at him. How in the world is this guy supposed to know, does he seriously stalk you or something?

 

“I just do… doesn’t a lot of people know anyway?” He smirked. Ugh, that smirk again, you seriously had to get a way to stop him or it might get it’s way into your dreams, which means if would no longer be a dream but a nightmare.

 

“Stalker~” you simply replied him while taking a step faster to walk alone to the bus stop with the two best friends behind you.

 

Luckily, you guys reached the bus stop just in time before the bus was about to leave.

 

“You get on first” Ten moved backwards to let you get on the bus. You nodded a little before getting onto the bus. The seats were two by two, so you expected the two guys to sit together and for you to sit alone. You sat down on one of the seats, however expecting something different. You felt someone sit down next to you, you looked at him. “Aren’t you going to sit with Oppa?”

 

“Well, I can just sit with you, can’t I?” Ten smiled.

 

Just then Johnny came up to you guys, “Yah, are you even leaving me out now?” You both chuckled at him as he sat down in the seat in front of you guys, alone.

 

As the bus started to move, you felt your phone vibrating so you took it out to see who was calling you, Yoon Joo.

 

“Hello?” you answered the phone call.

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Ahh mianhae, I forgot to tell you that I’m going to my cousin’s house today. I’m on the bus right now…” you mentally slapped yourself for leaving your best friend behind.

 

“Ohhh, then I guess we’ll just have to go out as a three~”

 

“Huh? With who?”

 

“Do Young wanted us to hangout, like Jae Hyun, him, me and you…”

 

“Oh, Mianhae… I’ll go next time, we’ll go together, the four of us…”

 

“Yah~ Are you over Do Young?”

 

“Huh? Oh… Um… I don’t know…” It felt confusing not to know your own heart. Usually you were the type that knew about yourself really well, who you liked, what you felt about people, and it would stay like that. Your feelings didn’t change much but something must have gotten into you since these past few days, you didn’t know your feelings yourself. You didn’t know wether you still saw Do Young that way or just as a friend. “I guess… I really want to see him as a real friend and become like we were before all this happened… since we were once really close friends…”

 

“Aigoo, Hee Yeon ah~ Give your self some time… it’s not like your desperate or anything, the answer to these kind of things come to you if you give it some time…” you could tell Yoon Joo was worried about you even just by listening to her voice over the phone.

 

“I guess so…” 

 

“Arrasseo~ Get there safely, I’m going~”

 

“Mm…” You gave her one last reinsurance and ended the call before putting opening Do Young’s chat.

 

Hee Yeon: Mianhae, I had plans today, I’ll come with you guys next time ^^

 

You closed your phone before putting it in your pocket.

 

“Who was that?” you turned your attention to Ten.

 

“Yoon Joo” you answered him blankly but then realised that he probably had no idea of who that was judging the way he looked at you. “Oh, she’s my best friend.”

 

“Ah~ The one that was with you when we first met?” that suddenly made you think of the first time you guys met, causing you to laugh at little remembering the stupid things that happened.

 

“Yea, her~”

 

“Oh, she’s also pretty~”

“What?” you turned to look at Ten with widen eyes. You didn’t exactly knew how you felt about him saying that. Were you supposed to be happy because he was praising your best friend or were you supposed to be scared that he was trying to hit on her. Or maybe… you were just a little bit jealous…

 

“Ahaha, I’m just joking~ Why do you always take everything so seriously, agioo”

 

“Yah! Don’t try to hit on my best friend, she already has the worlds best boyfriend” you referred that to Jae Hyun. Well it was kind of true to be honest, everyone would pretty much agree that they would want Jae Hyun as their boyfriend. He was just perfect, he was kind, caring, thoughtful, literally everything a girl would want from a guy.

 

“Well of course I expected her to have a boyfriend, anyone that pretty would probably have every guy falling for her”

 

You looked away from him, feeling a little annoyed. “Wae? Are you jealous?” He poked your arm. “Babo, thats why I said she's ‘also’ pretty, because you’re pretty as well” you lowered your face, making sure that your hair was covering your face because you could tell that your face was probably going to be really red. You heard him give out a slight chuckle. This guy, why does he keep making your heart race like this with these kinds of compliments. You heard them a lot, especially from Do Young but way was it that when Ten says it, it sounds more like an actual compliment and it would make you a little embarrassed, but also a little happy?

 

You looked up, not too much but just enough to check wether Johnny was listening to your conversation, luckily he had his earphones plugged in and was probably listening to some music.

 

 

 

— — —

 

 

 

You guys arrived safely at Johnny’s house. It seemed like Ten had been here a few times before since he knew where everything was and looked pretty comfortable at Johnny’s house. Knowing that Johnny and you were going to head to the kitchen to cook, Ten walked towards the coach and switched on the TV, you smiled at his cute actions. Wait what? Cute actions? What were you thinking!

 

“What are you thinking about?” Just at that moment Johnny stopped you from your thoughts.

 

“Huh? Oh. Uh… N-nothing” You said stuttering a little thinking back to what your mind was thinking about earlier.

 

“Mhmmmmm totally~ You were obviously thinking about Ten~” “What?” you said almost instantly after hearing his name.

 

“It’s okay I won’t tell him” Johnny smirked before entering the kitchen.

 

“Oppa! I wasn’t thinking about him!” you followed him into the kitchen while trying your best to change his mind.

 

He just smiled at you, well more liked he smirked at you. You really wanted to get him to believe you but you knew the more you tried to cover it up the more obvious it was going to get so you decide to stop.

 

Johnny took out and set up all the ingredients and cutlery you guys would need to try out your new recipe. Without having a second thought, you followed the steps Johnny and yourself had wrote down for thew new dish.

 

 

“Yay it’s done!” You said happily, clapping your hands together like a small child that just saw magic. You felt someones hand on your head ruffling slightly, “Aigoo cutie, you’re so much like a little kid~”. You looked up, blushing a little when you realised who it was. You could see Johnny smirking in the conner so you just casually bushed Ten’s hand off and took the plate out with you and set it on the table.

 

“Oppa~ Sumbae~ Aren’t you going to try it?” You called for them before sitting down in one of the seats next to the table. 

 

They followed you out and both pulled out a chair each to sit in, Johnny next to you and Ten in front of you. Ten picked up a spoon before looking at you, you nodded before he scooped up a mouthful. You nervously watched as Ten put the food in his mouth. His face went blank, you watched as he just continued eating without giving any comment. For a moment you were really worried that it tasted bad and you really didn’t want that to happen because you didn’t want to disappoint him, not that it meant anything, well at least you tried to convince your self it was because he loved food and you didn’t want to ruin it for him. 

 

Seeing his face suddenly bright up gave you a little more hope. “Oh my god”

 

“Is it really bad?” You asked him.

 

“Oh my god this is so good!” you sighed in relief, smiling happily, “I can continue eating this forever” Ten continued poking at the food before taking another spoonful.

 

“Is it that good?” Johnny laughed before trying it for himself. “Yah, oh my gosh, this is sooo good, I didn’t even think it would come out this good~ Hee Yeon try it!”

 

Laughing at the two older ones slightly, you picked up your spoon and tried a bit of the food.

 


 


 

Author's Note

Your comment's keep me happy ^^
Thanks everyone for reading my story~
I might not be able to update as quick as before, but I'll try my best to keep updates coming!

I hope you guys continue to enjoy :)