Chapter 10

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 10


 




It was a Friday and you were glad that the weekend was finally coming, finally sometime to rest. You were heading to school on the bus, sitting near the windows with your earphones plugged in listening to some music. You felt someone sit down next to you, but you just continued to look outside the window, not bothering about the people around you, until… 

 

Until someone took one of your earphones out which caused you to jump a little do to shock. Immediately you turned to look at who was sitting next to you, ready to defend yourself or scream if it was some random person, but it turned out to be Ten. You watched as he was about to plug your earphones into his ear and quickly you pulled your own out with a little force causing the other side of the earphone to be snatched out of his hand as well. Quickly, not giving him anytime to take it back, you shoved your earphones into your bag. 

 

“Yah~ Mwoya~ I wanted to listen to it~” He said with a little aegyo.

 

It wasn’t because you didn’t like sharing earphones, it was just because… it seemed too awkward for you two to be listening to the same song, through earphones, next too each other. In other words, it made you think of couples and… you guys weren’t a couple.

 

You continued to give him a little glare before asking, “Why are you here?”

 

“I have to go to school too you know” He pointed out the obvious. A little embarrassed in asking such a straightforward question, you turned away from him and looked out the window once again. You heard him chuckle before you felt a head on your shoulder. For a moment you thought you were literally going to freakout. Billions of emotions shot you at once. You didn’t know what to do, wether to push him off your shoulder, or to keep him there, or to speak or to… You were embarrassed, but somehow you wanted him to stay there just a little longer, just a little longer, you had to admit it was kind of comfortable.

 

“W-w-w-hat are you do-ing…?” You asked, face still facing towards the window, too embarrassed to look at him.

 

“I’m lying on your shoulder?” This boy… seriously liked teasing you… Once again he just gave you the most obvious answer to your question again and it just made you feel stupid for asking. Feeling dumber than ever you decide just to sit there and not say anything. 

 

Unexpectedly you started to think about Ten’s crush. Somehow his words from last time still lingered in your head and it made you curious of who it was. Before you could stop yourself, the words just seemed to have been said already.

 

“Are you going to confess to her?” you felt sudden emptiness when he stopped leaning on your shoulder to look up at you.

 

“To who?”

 

“T-that girl you liked…” you looked away from him feeling a little awkward.

 

“Well… I don’t know either… To confess or not to confess…” he started off hesitantly, “If I confess, I’ll probably scare her away?” he sounded like he was questioning himself rather than you this time.

 

“Wae…?”

 

“I don’t think she see’s me the way I see her…”

 

“Ah…”

 

You couldn’t really read how he felt at that moment, somehow he seemed like he was hurt in a way but then didn't look really bothered by the questions.

 

“Are you free this weekend?” Ten changed the subject.

 

“Huh? Oh… Um… I don’t have any plans, so I guess so… Wae?”

 

“Okayy~ Then you’re going out with me” he smiled. 

 

“Mwo?”

 

“Yepyep, Tomorrow okay? Or will it be better if Sunday?”

 

“Yahyahyah-“

 

“Okay Sunday~” Ten sounded like an excited child, just way to over excited.

 

The bus arrived at the station next to your school and the two off you got off. You were just about to walk towards school when he grabbed your arm.

“Check your messages~ I’ll tell you when and where to meet on Sunday~” He said, giving you his eye smile again before running off to his friends. A smile appeared on your face as you watched him walk with his friends.

 

 

— — —

 

 

When you were in class you weren’t able to check your phone but as soon as you got home, you eyes kept checking your phone, somehow expecting a message. Well yeah, you were expecting a message since Ten said that he was going to message you.

 

You walked around your room, then sat on your bed, rolled around a few times, got up again and walked around your room again. You were in a very very lost cycle just waiting for a message to pop up. You didn’t know why either, why where you so impatient for the message? You sat down on your bed again, this time just looking at your phone while tapping every once in a little while when your phone’s brightness dimmed down, even your phone was tired.

 

“What are you doing?” you jumped as someone behind you suddenly talked.

 

“Oh my god!! You scared me!!” you said breathing heavily, it almost seemed like you saw a ghost.

 

Letting you catch your breathe, Johnny laughed as he watched you.

 

“Oppa! Since when where you here?”

 

“Mmm I just got in”

 

“Yah you should have at least made some noise when you came in!”

 

“I knocked the door but you didn’t answer me so I opened the door to check if you where here and you where-“ You where too busy looking at your phone to realise that Johnny had gone to your house, knocked the door and walked into your room. 

 

“How did you get in my house?!”

 

“Your mum opened the door for me~”

 

You loved the fact that Johnny and you lived closed to each other since it means that you guys would be able to go to each others house at anytime or go hangout somewhere but today… it wasn’t that you didn’t want him here… it was just…

 

“What were you looking at?” Johnny asked as he took your phone out of your hand, “Ah~ You’re talking to Ten?”

 

Immediately you remembered about how your phone was switched on to Ten and your conversation, you snatched the phone back and pressed the lock button before putting it away.

 

“Aniya”

 

“Yah~ What is there to hide about you and Ten~ Are you guys so close now that you’re not going to tell me anything?” he pouted.

 

“Oppa! Don’t do aegyo! His chat just so happened to be opened when you came in… I wasn’t talking to him~ If you don’t believe me you can check our conversation, there isn’t anything from today!” There wasn’t anything to hide, so you didn’t really mind showing him your conversation.

 

“Arrasseo arrasseo~ I believe you~ Aigooo”

 

“Are you going out with him sometime again?”

“Huh? How did you know…?”

 

“Well you always go out with him anyway so… when are you going out with him?”

 

“Sunday…”

 

“Ah~ Have fun~ If Ten does anything to you, you must tell me arrasseo?” A thing you really liked about Johnny was that he cared for you a lot and treated you like his actual sister. You always felt safe since he was always there for you and you would always have him to talk to. 

 

“Mm~ He won’t anyway…”

 

“How are you so sure of that?” Johnny questioned.

 

“Because I think Ten sumbaemin is a good person…”


“How do you know that?”

 

“Although sometimes he teases me… He cares for others, he thinks of others first before himself and he likes to share a lot… Plus, Oppa you won’t hang out with a bad person~ So I trust you~” You added that last part just to make it seem less awkward. You didn’t know exactly why either but somehow if founded like you were describing the kind of person you would like… which seemed really awkward for you.

 

“Aigooo~ Well I guess you’re right… Ten is quite a considering person” Your cousin smiled back at you.

 

“Guys! Come out for dinner!” You heard your mum scream from the kitchen. Hearing the word dinner made you hungry and you immediately jumped off your bed, opened the door and ran out, with Johnny following after your steps, laughing at you slightly.

 

 

— — —

 

 

The next morning you woke up, the first thing you did was check your phone, looking for one particular thing.

 

Ten: Meet at HongDae tmrw? 12:00?

 

He remembered. You didn’t even realise the stupid smile you had on your face just staring at that one message from a sumbae.

 

You put your phone down, changed your clothes and headed outside to get your breakfast.

 

“Someone’s in a good mood?” Your mum questioned your usual morning happiness. Usually you were pretty quite and expressionless in the morning… well most people would be.

 

“I know right? What’s wrong with me?” You asked your mum but also yourself since you didn’t know either.

 

“Aigooo, my daughter~” 

 

 




Author's Note
I'm sorry the previous two chapters where so short but I promise I'll make the next chapter longer~
But that also means that it's going to take a little longer ㅠㅠ I'll try my best to upload it as quick as I can :)
Kamsa for reading and supporting ^^ Enjoy!~