Chapter 11

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 11

 

 


 

“Next stop is HongDae” The speakers on the train echoed. The doors opened when the train stopped at the next station and you got off.

 

You walked towards the exit and checked the time. 11:55am. You were the kind of person that didn’t like being late, and always made sure to leave at least 5 to 10minutes earlier just in case anything happens on the way there.

 

Making sure you don’t notice, Ten walked up to you from behind and made sure his chin was on the same level as your shoulder before comfortably resting on it. Feeling sudden weight on your shoulder, your heart skip a beat worried that there was some kind of kidnapper trying to get you. You turned around only to meet a very happy Ten looking at you.

 

“Yah! I thought you were some kind of kidnapper!”

 

“Or do you mean ?” he smirked, knowing how to play the dirty jokes.

 

“Yah!” you hit him lightly on his arm. 

 

“Why do you like to say ‘yah’ to me so much~”


“Because… what else can I say?”

 

“Mmmm saranghae?” he joked. Well at least you hoped he was joking… You gave him one of those awkward looks indicating that you didn’t know how to respond. “I’m just joking~” he smiled and ruffled your hair. 

 

Then he looked at you from head to toe. You looked at him embarrassedly, not knowing that he was thinking or planning to do.

 

“You’re wearing a dress?”

 

“Huh? O-oh um… Yea…” you answered even though you wouldn’t have to since he basically just stated the obvious.

 

“I thought you didn’t like dresses?” Ooops, he remembered. It was true that you didn’t like dresses since you found them not as comfortable… but it seemed like Ten liked it when girls wore dresses so you deiced to put a very simple one on. Honestly you founded yourself stupid trying to make yourself into more of his style and you didn’t really know why you did it but the first time you guys hung out he sounded like he was expecting you in a dress so… why not give it a try?

 

“Oh… Well um…” you didn’t really have an excuse since you couldn’t exactly get yourself to tell him the exact reason, so you just shrugged your shoulders and hoped that he wouldn’t ask more.

 

He smiled, “You look pretty in a dress”. You swore at that moment, you saw a slight blush on his face, but before you got anymore time to think about it he changed the subject. “Anyway are you hungry?” You nodded your head a little.

 

“Have you ever tried Thai food before?”

 

“Aniyo” you shook your head.

 

“Do you want to try?”

 

“Mm” using head signs again you nodded your head again.

 

“Aigoo~” he ruffled your hair, “Okay~ Let’s go~” he wrapped his hand around your wrist and pulled you with him.

 

 

 

Ten took you to some kind of Thai restaurant not far from the train station. You guys were sitting at a table next to one of the windows in the room. You watched as the waiter put down two menus on the table and went back to doing his other jobs.

 

You looked through the menu and came across something that looked really good, well at least the photo made it look really good. “Sumbae~ What’s this?” you pointed at the photo.

“Ohhh that’s Tom Yum Gung” you titled your head towards the side not understanding a thing he said. He gets your movement and gives you a better explanation. “It’s basically prawn soup, it’s the most popular Thai food I know~ Do you want to try?” You nodded your head. “But it’s supposingly really spicy-“


“It’s spicy?” You asked in excitement.

 

“Yea…”

 

“Thats even better” you clapped your hands together like a little child. 

 

“Aigoo” Ten smiled at you before looking back at the menu. Keeping his eyes on the menu, without looking up at you, “Is there anything else you want?”

“I don’t really know what good things there are though…” you said slightly embarrassed.

 

“Arrasseo~ Then do you just want me to choose a few things for us?” he smiled at your cuteness. You nodded back in response.

 

 

When the food came you two just pretty much dived in, except before anything happened to any plate of food, Ten would take a photo of it first and sometimes even a selca of you two. There wasn’t much talking after the food was here since the both of you guys were so attached to it.

 

Soon, a very familiar looking dish appeared in front of you. It was the soup that Ten told you about. It was all red and looked really spicy, causing you to almost drool because of it’s lovely smell and display. You towards Ten holding your spoon up before getting a nod from him and diving into the devious looking food in front of you.

 

“Oh my god…” you looked at Ten. You took another spoonful and swallowed it before continuing, “This is so good”

 

He smiled at your silliness, “Isn’t it spicy?” You nodded to reply him. “But spicy is good~” you couldn’t help yourself but to drink more. Ten lead forward and ruffled your hair, “Aigooo~ Cute~”, although he said it really quietly it was loud enough for you to catch on to.

 

 

 

The two of you were walking down a side street after finishing your meals. Although you were concentrating on the conversation you were having with him, a shop in the corner still managed to catch your attention.

 

“Sumbae! Have you tried a Slush before?” you asked him.

 

“Uh… Nope… What’s that?” you dragged him into the store and pointed at one of the displays.

 

“That’s a slush~ It’s like a ice drink thing… Do you want to try one?”

 

“Sure~ I’ve never tried it so why not, I’ve never even seen one in my whole entire life before”

 

“Do you want to share one…? It’s really big for just one person so…” you scratched your head not knowing wether he would like to or not.

 

“Arrasseo~ We can share one” he smiled before you ordered and payed for one at the counter.

 

You collected the drink at the other side of the counter before bringing it to Ten and showing him.

 

“Wahhhh how are we going to finish all of that?” he joked. You smiled, knowing what he was going to do next… and of course that was to take a selca.

 

You let him take the first sip after taking a selca with him since he had no idea what it was. 

 

“Yah! This is perfect for hot days like today! I should start drinking this more often!” he said before taking another sip and then passing it to you. You took a drink since you were really thirsty and then replied to him by making a small joke, “Then you’ll have to take me around with you everywhere since you can’t finish all this yourself”. You watched as he laughed at your small joke.

 

A sudden idea popped into his head, “Ah! Should we go watch a movie?” Since it was a little too hot to stay out for the whole day you deiced that his idea was probably the best to give you guys a little rest from walking and eating. “Mhmm~ Let’s go” you smiled.

 

 

Ten pulled the door open for you to walk in before following you behind. You guys walked towards the Today’s Movie List sign on the right hand of the entrance. Your eyes moved quickly as it scanned the names of the movies that were on show today.

 

“How about this one?” Ten pointed at one of the movies.

 

You weren’t the kind of person that would be picky and stuff, in fact usually you would rather let others choose before you so without thinking you automatically nodded and agreed to watch the movie Ten suggested even though you had no idea what it was going to be about. It wasn’t until after he bought the tickets and you guys got the popcorn and were sitting inside the movie room just before it started that you heard a few other guys talking about the movie.

 

“I heard this movie is really scary” “Oh my gosh I can’t wait! I love scary movies” “I hope theres a lot of sudden scary scenes, I love those!” “Aish I should have brought my Noona~ She would have gotten so scared”  Hearing those comments made you double think about watching a movie. You pulled on Ten’s arm which was on the arm rest between your seats, “Sumbae… Is it going to be scary?” “Mmm~ Maybe a little… Is that okay?” he asked suddenly worried weathered he had chosen something that you didn’t like. “Oh… It’s okay… I guess…”, the truth was, it wasn’t okay. You haven’t even watched the movie yet and you were already scared. You didn’t dislike scary movies, and you’ve been dragged to watch a few before but you always ended up getting scared afterwards and usually it would give you bad dreams. But you didn’t want to tell that to Ten because you knew that he would want to watch the movie and it would be a waste just to leave before the movie even started.

 

As the movie started your stomach dropped, you knew you were going to have to mentally prepare yourself.

 

Surprisingly the first few parts of the movie was really good and there were some sudden loud screams that made you jump a little but they weren’t as bad as you thought. Ten didn't seemed to be startled at any point though, he must enjoy watching scary movies a lot.

 

However as the movie started to get to it’s you weren’t so sure wether you were going to like it or not. What you hated the most about scary movies were the sudden scares, and this movie seemed to have a lot of sudden loud nosies, starts and stops.

 

You knew that sooner or later something was going to happen, just by telling how the story line worked but you didn’t exactly know when it was going to occur and that was what worried you the most. It could be any moment now and you just didn’t want to look, without thinking your body seemed to be doing its action before your mind to go under the process of thinking what happened. You found yourself clutching onto Ten’s arm with your hands while your face was somewhere leaning on his arm not trying to look at the screen. Although you weren’t completely leaning against his arm, your face was in soft contact with his warm body. Your sudden touch and closeness towards Ten made his whole face red, although no one would be able to see it in the dark, Ten knew that he was heating up. At first he didn’t really know what to do, but as you started to grab on his arm tighter he knew that he was going to have to make you feel better.

 

After debating for a while in his mind wether he should or should not he deiced that he should. You gripped on his arm tight when you heard a sudden scream from one of the characters knowing that something scary happened even though your face was on Ten’s arm. Suddenly all your worries were washed away as you felt Ten move his arm that was free to hold on to your hand that was gripping on to him… well more like his clothes and moved his arm that you were trying to hide your face on around your back, causing your head to move onto his chest. That was the most unexpected thing that you never thought that even would happen. You could hear his loud heartbeats and feel his warm hand wrapping yours. Somehow, it made you feel a lot safer, in other words, you weren’t even in your right mind to concentrate on the movie you were just listening to his heartbeat and breathing pattern. Beating ever so fast, just like someone that was running for their lives, Ten’s heart beat match yours, Thump thump thump thump. Your hand somehow felt just right in his hand, the way that your small hands fitted in his big hands made it feel so perfect.

 

Just like how people always say, the more you enjoy the time, the faster the time goes. And because you were forgetting about everything around you but only Ten after that, the time seemed to have just pasted very quickly and it soon became the end of the movie.

 

As the lights turned back on, Ten moved his arm that was around you back to his side and turning towards you to give you a worried look, but before you could say anything, he stood up, walked towards the exit with you following behind him closely, your hand still in his other.

 

When you guys out of the cinema, he stopped walking and turned to you back at you once more. Instead of looking at his face, you were looking at your hands which caused him to let go of your hand and put his in his pocket. You felt sudden coldness as his warm hand was no longer in touch with yours.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked, slightly embarrassed but worried at the same time.

 

“Huh? Oh… Uh… Yea…” It took you a while to give him the answer since you weren’t exactly listening to him because you were still thinking about what had happened during the movies.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t know you didn’t like scary movies” he said full of regret. Well… he didn’t exactly regret choosing it because he got the chance to hold your hand and somewhat hug you but he did feel really bad and unthoughtful for not making sure you knew it was scary before hand.

 

“Aniya, It’s fine… don’t worry…”


“Mianhae… next time I’ll make sure it’s not scary” At that moment he really wanted to hug you. He was worried that you may have been hurt because of him, and he didn’t want to let that happen.

 

“It’s okay~ I just wasn’t expecting it… Don’t worry, I’m fine” you reassured him with a smile before starting to walk off. To be honest, it didn’t even really matter anymore, you forgot completely about the movie, all your mind was thinking about right now was only how close you were to him and how crazily your heart was beating.

 

“Yah! Don’t walk off without me~” he said as he walked a little faster to catch up to you. “It’s getting late now… maybe you should go home?”

 

You stopped walking and looked at your ground. It was late and he was probably right that you should go home but for some reason your heart was telling you other wise and you wanted to stay just a little longer.

 

“Submae-“ started off but got cut by him.

 

“Yah~ Why do you keep calling me sumbae?”

 

“Waeyo? But you are my sumbae…”

 

“Sumbae sounds so formal… we are close friends now so why are you still calling me sumbae? Isn’t there anything else that you can call me?”

 

“But what else can I call you?” you asked him as you thought to yourself as well.

 

“Mmm… I dunno? Oppa?” he sudden suggestion kind of woke you up. Oppa…? Oppa? You thought to yourself. The truth was that he did know what he wanted you to call him and it was Oppa. There were many people that would call him Oppa, but for some reason the person he wanted to hear it most from… just didn’t seem to call him that, and that was you. “It makes us sound like we’re close… I guess…” he said scratching his head shyly.

 

“I’ll take you home~” he said grabbing your arm. “Aniyo sumbae-“ you were cut off as you saw him look at you. “Aniyo O-opp-a” you tried again, stuttering over the word Oppa. Somehow it made your heart flutter just changing from the way you called him. He smiled happily hearing you call him that. “Kim Hee Yeon. It’s already dark and you’re a girl, I can’t just go out with you the whole day and ask you to go home yourself” he held on to you tighter, afraid that you would just leave yourself. “But-“ “No buts~” he looked away from you, secretly smiling happily. You didn’t think you would have any other way to get him to listen to you so you let him do what he wanted.

 

You guys took the train to get to your house since it was a few stops away and then walked from the station to  your house. Although it wasn’t that much of a long walk, and you knew it was going to be over very quickly you still found it awkward. Maybe it was because Ten suddenly became really quiet and you were so used to all his jokes and stupid comments to everything you didn’t know how to react to his sudden quietness. While you were thinking about that moment and what to do, Ten seemed to be thinking about something different.

 

You sighed in relief as you saw the lobby of your house, not that you wanted to say bye to Ten… things just happened to turn the mood awkward for now. You stopped walking to look at Ten before you bowed your head slightly, “I’ll be going now… Thank you for today” you smiled.

 

Before letting anything else happen, you began to leave. Just as you were about to walk into the lobby you heard him call your name again, “Hee Yeon ah!” You turned around as he walked closer to you.

 

“Should I tell you who I like?” he questioned you. Immediately after hearing his question you nodded, “Jinja?” you didn’t know wether he was teasing you to make you more curious or not but if he was really going to tell you, you really wanted to know.

 

“Yah~ Do you want to know that desperately?”

 

“Mhmm”

 

“Why is it that important for you to know?”

 

“So…” you hesitated a little while, “I can help you~” you smiled. “I want to help you get close to the person you like and make sure you don’t lose your chance”

 

“I don’t think you can help me…”

 

“Wae?” you looked at him. He started to lean forward towards your face, closer and closer. Soon enough there was hardly any gap between you two, but he continued looking into your eyes, like he was trying to pass you a message telepathically. He broke the gap between you two making you feel his warm lips your left cheek. Your eyes immediately shot wide open. What… did… he just do…? Your heart was beating so fast, you weren’t expecting that, not at all. For a moment you were stuck in your own little world unsure of what just happened. What did just happen? He kissed you on the cheek? You didn’t even know if it was right for your heart to be beating so fast and you weren’t experienced in kissing either because you’ve never done it. Many people would have thought so, but actually you never did. Although you have dated before, the furthest you’ve went with Do Young is holding hands and hugging. Now you felt stupid because you were in this situation and you actually didn’t know what to do.

 

“Because you would have to deal with your own feelings first” he finally gave you an answer, looking away shyly.

 

Ten could tell the obvious confused look on your face, and you weren’t trying to hide it either.

 

“Should I confess?” he laughed slightly at his own silly question. “I don’t normally do this but… Since you want to know that badly…” It took him a moment, but soon he did, giving you an answer to his own question. “I like you.” He confessed. You were puzzled. Why out of all the people in the world would he have a crush on you? And it was like the most unexpected confession you have ever received. “Kim Yeon Hee, I like you.”

 

He just laughed awkwardly, not really expecting an answer from you, since he could pretty much tell how shocked you were at that moment.

 

You thought that there was a chance that he could be joking since he liked to joke so much and teased you all the time. Almost as if he could read your mind he spoke up again. “I’m serious…” he confirmed making you clutch on the ends of your dress a little more. “I’m not joking” he said simply.

 

Ten thought for a little while before continuing, “I didn’t tell you because I wanted an answer…” he paused before rephrasing the sentence. “I don’t need an answer, I wanted to tell you because we are close friends and I didn’t think that hiding it from you would have been right.” What he said made you think wether you guys were just friends or… maybe a little more then friends? Suddenly what Jae Hyun and Yoon Joo said about Ten popped into your head. 

 

“You might not be dating but you could still like him?” “Maybe he likes you then~” “Oh my gosh! Maybe he does! Like he’s all touchy with her now~ Hair ruffles~ Dates~”

 

“Anyway… thanks for coming out with me today~ Go inside, it’s late…” you watched as he scratched the back of his head, almost like he regretted telling you. You knew that he felt awkward as well and you didn’t want him to feel worse so you deiced to call it a day today and think about it another time.

 

“A-a-arrasse-oyo… Then… uh I’ll get going. Be careful on your way home…” you found it a little hard to express yourself now. You bowed your head half way towards him before turning around and walking back into the lobby.

 

Ten made sure you were inside before turning the other way to get back to his house. He, himself wasn't’ sure wether he was supposed to regret telling you or not. Somehow he felt a lot better getting it off his chess and not hiding it away from you… but then he didn’t really know how you were feeling, and he was more worried about you than himself.

 

 

You walked straight into your room right after you took off your shoes when you arrived home. You tried not to think about it, but no matter how you tired, it just came back into thought.

 

Ten was the same, he couldn’t sleep the whole night. Just thinking about you made his heart beat so fast, yet it hurt him to think that you would now hate him. He didn’t know wether he did the right thing or not. Ten really didn’t want to keep secrets from you, he wanted you to know everything about him, but on the other hand he did think that letting you know may hurt him as well.


 




Author's Note
I'm so sorry for making you guys wait so long for this chapter, I didn't have the time to post this up ㅠㅠ
But as I promised, it's an extra long chapter~
I hope you guys enjoyed it! ㅋㅋ
Thanks everyone for supporting my story! ^^