Chapter 3

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 3

 

 


 

It was school again. School day’s just seemed to come so fast and yet never stop. You liked school because you were able to meet your friends but there was one problem. Do Young. It wasn’t because you didn't want to be around him, you just couldn’t, you’ve tried. To be honest, it pained you. To see your ex-boyfriend everyday, every class. It would help if he hated you and tried to get you off him but he didn’t, acting like your relationship didn’t happen he still treats you well, like a classmate, even like a friend. You were walking out of your class, trying to walk as fast as you can to create a distance between you and Do Young.

 

“Yah! In-ce-st-c-ou-sin~!” Someone shouted from afar. You froze. The voice rang in your head, way too familiar. Those words, you’ve heard them before. You slowly turned around and saw a guy running over to you.

 

“Oh my gosh~ You actually turned around and replied when I called you” He said panting. You almost slapped him.

 

“Why are you even calling me that?!” You shook your head while pouting.

 

“Because that’s how you’ve introduced yourself to me~ And it’s not like I know your name”

 

“I didn’t introduce my self like that!” You protested but it was too late for that. He had already deiced to call you that and it didn’t look like he was going to stop.

 

“Too bad” He laughed and stuck his tongue out at you before walking away. Did he just walk away? Just like that? What… You were just about to run up back to him before you felt someone tap your shoulder. Turning around you noticed that it was Do Young.

 

“Uh… um… well you see… For the project….”

 

“Ah… I’ll do some research tonight.” You tried to make your answer as short as possible to cut the conversation short. You knew he had more he wanted to say but you didn’t really know how to talk to him at the moment so you had walked off. You knew it was rude, you knew it broke his heart and it broke your heart too but wasn’t this the best way to get over him?

 

— — —

 

Everytime you saw that friend of Johnny he would call you cousin. In fact, usually you didn’t even notice him until he called you that. He had that loud but lovely voice so most people would usually list to what he was talking about, which was bad because now most of his friends and classmates knew that you were some ‘ cousin’. He literally calls you that everywhere, every single time he sees you. It’s like your 10 meters away from him and he’s screaming for you ‘ cousin’ down the hallway and everyone’s just looking at you with a ‘what the heck’ face. You seriously hated that name and yet overtime you tried to tell him your name he would brush if off, maybe he wasn’t even paying attention. Well, you forgot his name too so… but who cares about his name, it’s not like your embarrassing you like he totally is doing to you.

He ran over to your side, “Yo~ cousin~” he said ever so casually.

 

“Yah! When are you going to stop calling me that!” You screamed at him a little.

 

“Mmm and when are you going to stop being so impolite to your sumbae” you pouted at his words before he laughed “just joking~”

 

“Stop calling me that, people will misunderstand” you tried to give him a reason but it didn’t seem like he cared at all.

 

“I think they already have” sticking his tongue out at you.

 

“Ugh, and it’s all your fault!”

 

“Well I can’t help it can I?”

 

“You can if you stop calling me that! Why can’t we just greet each other normally, or not even greet each other at all” You said the last bit quietly, but seems like he heard you. 

 

“Nahhhh~” he said shaking his head a little.”

 

“Then why not just names? What’s your name?” 

 

“I like calling you cousin more, because it annoys you” you almost thought you heard wrong for a second. Annoys you? Yea it totally does annoy you and he’s just doing it for fun, seriously this guy… You didn’t even know if you were supposed to hate him or not.

 

“Oh my god, your seriously so annoying” you pouted before punching his arm a little. 

 

“Yea thats the point, cousin” he says trying to annoy you even more. 


“But I have a name!” 

 

“Well I have a name too”

 

“Then why can’t we just use names? Or should I just call you ‘gay friend’ since you like calling me ‘ cousin’ so much~”

 

“Sure, I don’t really mind, as long as I get to call you cousin it’s okay~” Sighhh, this guy, you knew he wasn’t going to stop. You knew he was just messing around with you yet you let the frustration hit you. Just so that you wouldn’t get too mad you walked away looking for Yoon Joo.

 

— — —

 

“Oppa!~” You said while catching up to Johnny.

 

“Hey~”

 

While heading out of the school gates you deiced to ask him about his friend, “What’s that guy’s name again…?”

 

“Which guy?”

 

“Your best friend… the guy who always calls me cousin.”

 

He laughed. Yea, he did, even Johnny was into this whole ‘ cousin’ thing now. It didn’t even bother him anymore, he found it so amusing how his best friend called you some weird name. 

 

“Ah~ you mean Ten?”

 

“Right~ That was his name…”

 

“How could you even forget, he has like the simplest name ever.” He said smirking at you.

 

“Well it’s not like I want to remember his name anyway, but really? That’s it? Ten?”

 

“Yep” he nodded at you. Seeing your confused look he explained.

“He’s from Thailand and you probably know that their names are really long so he just cut it short and sort of made it like a nickname, so everyone just calls him Ten.”

 

“Ohhh~” finally understanding why.

 

“Why didn’t you ask him for yourself?”

 

“Does it look like I haven’t tried? I did~ So many times, and he wouldn’t tell me, hmph”

 

“Probably because he doesn’t want to call you by name~”

 

“I know he doesn’t want to, ugh, now I’m labeled as stupid ‘ cousin’” he laughed at your comment again.

 

“Oppa! It’s not funny! Why are you laughing, you’re involved in this whole name thing you know. Half the school thinks I’m your cousin!”

 

“Well-well it’s not a bad thing~ At least people know who you are” he tried to make you think of the bright side but this wasn’t a bright thing at all.

 

“Of course it is! I’d rather not be known!” You said stomping away causing Johnny to chuckle at your cuteness. 

 

You caught Do Young with Yoon Joo and Jae Hyun and deiced to catch them up.

 

“Guys~” you approached them smiling.

 

“Annyeong!” Yoon Joo and Jae Hyun greeted while Do Young just stood there looking at you. You saw Jae Hyun giving him a little nudge before he snapped back to reality and nodded at you.

 

“Yoonie and I are going to have date so we will head out first, see you guys tomorrow!” you totally knew what Jae Hyun was doing. They walked away, hand in hand, seriously they were just so cute together, but left you alone with Do Young.

 

“Uh… So um…”

 

“I-i’m going to go home… see you tomorrow…” you tried to get away as fast a possible, giving him a small smile before walking off.

 

“Kim Hee Yeon.” Do Young said catching your hand. What should you do? Millions of things were running through your mind at that moment. He was holding your hand. He was stopping you. The way he called your name. Should you push him away or should you turn around. You turned around facing him, looking at your hands. Quickly pulling his hand away from you he continued. 

 

“I-i’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you… I-i mean, it’s okay for you too be comfortable around me… I just don’t want to become a person you can’t feel free around…” he looked like he was about to cry honestly and that was a really rare thing. You were the type of person that got worked up about things really easily, the most littlest things could get to you, but you never liked showing it to people. You had all these emotions rushing through you and not matter how much people wanted to try understand you, it just wouldn’t happen. You hid your feelings well, people usually wouldn’t know what you were thinking, but Do Young did. Other than your best friend, and Johnny there weren’t many people who knew everything about you or could read your emotions but Do Young could. He understood you so much sometimes you missed having a person who didn’t need you to express yourself for them to understand you. 

 

“Do Young ah~ I-I-“ you looked down feeling ashamed. “I-i’m trying…” before you could say anything more, you felt his warm hand on your head giving you a little pat.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow” he said before leaving. You looked up towards his direction, even from the back without looking at his face you knew he had lots more to tell you, he had so much more to say, yet this was just how things went between you two. Unlike usual, you walked home alone today, thinking of everything that was happening. You were thinking about Do Young when suddenly Ten popped into your mind. What the heck, you thought to yourself, why out of all the people in the world you could think about did it have to be that Ten guy.

 

“Oh my god, he’s so stupid sometimes I just wish I could punch him in the face.” you accidentally said out loud. Ooops you thought while covering your mouth. You looked around the environment before laughing at your stupidity.

 


 

 

Author's Note

I'm sorry >//< you guys are all probably really confused about this fanfic and have no idea what's happening... I'm trying to make more sense but I don't know if I'm any help myself. You guys can always ask questions or leave me a comment if theres something you want to know ^^