Chapter 6

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 6

 


 

You were thinking about your cousin’s stupid friend again, and yes you knew it was pretty random because he shouldn’t just suddenly pop into your mind. Okay, maybe he wasn’t stupid, he was actually quite nice you supposed but sometimes he was just -

 

“Oof” “Ouch” both of you said in illusion.

 

You had just slammed into a person, well a guy to be exact. It’s easy to tell it was a guy because of his height and scent. You walked a step backwards, bowing slightly to apologise before turning to look up at the guy, you froze. Ten. You then wondered to what Yoon Joo had said to you the other day, “You know that moment when you’re thinking or talking about someone and they just suddenly appear in front of you?” Her words lingered in your head for a moment before snapping back to reality due to this waving hand in front of you. You slapped his hand, “You stalker!”.

 

“Yah! That hurt! Mwo? What did I do?” Ten moved his hand, preventing your slaps.

 

“Why are you always around me?”

 

“Well… the last time I checked, we go to the same school, you’re my best friend’s cousin, cousin to be exact, and you’re kinda my friend, oh! and you’re my eating buddy!”

 

You gave him a glare and slapped him in the arm, lightly this time, “Firstly, Johnny Oppa and I are just cousins that are close to each other and we don’t have anything going on or whatever you’re trying to make it to. Secondly, how am I your eating buddy?”

 

“Well we went out to eat last time so…”


“That doesn’t count” you looked at him one last time before turning your back on him and walking away, “Don’t follow me” you shouted at him without facing him.

 

“Aish! That girl” you could hear him complaining about you from behind.

 

 

— — — 

 

 

Literally, everywhere. Every single place you go to you would see Ten. You weren’t particularly sure whether you should be happy about it or scared because it was kind of creepy. If you were walking up the stairs, he would be walking down the stairs. If you were walking down the stairs he would be walking up the stairs. If you were having a class on the 2nd floor, he would be there too, just across the corridor. If you were downstairs buying lunch, he would be inline. Even when you were just casually walking to your locker, he would bump into you somewhere along the way. Stalker. It was pretty awkward though, you’ve been out together, enjoyed your times together, but whenever you guys saw each other like this at school, it didn’t feel the same and it always felt like you guys were just normal schoolmates and didn’t know each other that well. And now it was just getting worse because every time you saw him you had a the urge to run away since you had this huge feeling that he was somewhat ‘stalking you’. Every time you guys saw each other, a simple eye contact would be exchanged before he smirked at you making you pull a disgusted face or look away.

 

Yoon Joo and you were walking towards the gates, she nudged you and pointed ahead. Your cousin and his best friend. You literally couldn’t hold it in anymore. Without thinking, you walked faster, quicker towards the two of them and pointed your index finger out at one of them.

 

“Yah! You-you-y-ou are you stalking me!?” you smirked, obviously not serious because he claims that it’s very normal for schoolmates to keep seeing each other but show how you saw this as a ‘revenge’ since it would make him embarrassed.

 

You saw Johnny’s eyes widen as they turned to look from you to his best friend.

 

“What the hell? Of course not! More like you are stalking me!” 

 

“How could I be stalking you when I’m the one who’s seeing you everywhere I go?”

 

“Wait wait wait… what’s happening here… who’s stalking who?!” Johnny confusingly looked for help. 

 

“He/She’s stalking me!” Ten and you both pointed at each other. Johnny laughed.

“Yah~ What’s up with you two~ Since when did you guys become so close and even start this whole ‘stalking’ thing”

 

“We were always close” Ten said while you said “We’re not close at all!”. You turned to look at each other before slapping him arm.

 

“Mmm, you both got some explaining to do…” Johnny smirked at you guys.

 

“Oppa! Your best friend keeps stalking me, I literally see him everywhere! I’ve probably seen him more than 10times today~” You ran behind Johnny and tired to hide. Johnny laughed at your cuteness before turning around to ruffle your hair. You saw Ten’s nasty smirk on his face, and knew that he was going to say something about you two again so you ran away before he got the words out of his mouth.

 

“Yah~ do you like her?”

 

“Whos her?’

 

“Hee Yeonie”

 

Ten shrugged causally not wanting to answer a question like that.

 

“It’s okay for you to like her, but there are things you need to know about her…”

 

Ten stopped walking and looked at Johnny.

 

“Like?”

 

“Her past? Who she likes?”

 

“Thats easy. Isn’t it Do Young?”

 

This time it was Johnny’s turn to freeze. “How do you know?”

 

“It’s written all over her face, you can tell by the way she looks at Do Young, she likes him, but can always tell they’re not dating since they’re awkward around each other, and I know that Do Young used to have a girlfriend… so if you work it all out it kind of leads you to an answer of Do Young and Hee Yeon were dating before but broke up and still like each other?”

 

Johnny’s eyes widen. “Since when did you become this smart? You can be a detector when you’re older… wait scratch that, you can even apply now”

 

“You like her don’t you?” Johnny asked again, not letting Ten avoid the question. Honestly Ten didn’t know how to reaspon, he wouldn’t exactly say that he liked her since he didn’t really know his feelings himself but there was something about you that he liked and somewhat he was just attracted to you and he liked making fun of you since you would give him all your attention, and he liked that, your attention for him, he liked it a lot.

 

“Why do you keep asking me that question?”

 

“Yah, it’s because she’s my cousin and plus you’re my best friend, shouldn’t you tell me something like that?”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Wae” Johnny was ready for an answer but he didn’t expect what was coming next.

 

“It’s okay, I know you really like her too, I won’t interfere with your cousin relationship” Ten smirked.

 

“Yah!”

 

 

— — —

 

 

 

You were waiting for Johnny at the school area to head to his house after school.

 

Johnny was running towards your direction looking breathless but still managed to talk, “Mianhae Yeonnie ah~ I had a sudden project that poped up so I have to stay at school and finish it, you can go back first and wait for me, mianhae~”

 

“Ah… Gwenchanna oppa, finish your work, I’ll just go back first, call me when you’re done~”

 

“Arrasseo, komawo~ Go back safely!”

 

“Ne” you nodded cutely before sighing while watching him leave. Today you guys were supposed to go to Johnny’s house to try out a new recipe that you guys had wanted to do. It sounded so childish but both Johnny and you loved cooking so often tried out new recipes together. Just as you were walking towards the gates someone slung their arm around you causing you to almost jump out of your skin due to shock. 

 

“Yo cousin~” it was him, again, Ten again. Not that you didn’t want to see him but you just spent a whole day with him yesterday, was it not enough?

 

“Yah! Again!”

 

“Hey! You too! You said ‘Yah’ instead of my name~ See it’s not only me~” 

 

“… if you called me by my name then I wouldn’t have to say ‘yah’ wouldn’t I?” you smirked knowing that he wouldn’t be able to fight back at your statement.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Home.” you gave him a straight face.

 

“Don’t go home yet, go eat ice cream with me~” he whined.

 

“I don’t want to~” you whined back.

 

“I’ll pay~ Come on, let’s go eat ice creammmmm”

 

“No, it’s not that I don’t want to pay~ I just don’t want to go~”

 

“I’ll pay so just go with me, I’m bored” he pouted. For a moment you froze to rethink what he just did. Did he just pout? You felt your cheeks heating up, that was cute.

 

Quickly, you brushed off all your thoughts and walked away, noticing that he wasn’t following you behind you turned back to look at him.

 

“Yah! Aren’t you going?” Yup, you defiantly just fell in his trap and agreed to go with him. You made a metal note to yourself to never, NEVER EVER fall for his aegyo again.

 

His face lit up almost brighter than the sun as he skipped towards you and once again put his arm over your shoulder before dragging you out of the school gates.

 

You ended up sitting in an ice cream store facing Ten while he flipped through the menus and asked you to choose something you wanted to eat. This guy, Ten, somehow amazed you. He hasn’t even been in Korea for too long, and you’ve been here your whole life, yet he knows more places than you, place with amazing good to be exact. You didn’t even know you were starring at him until he looked up and smiled. His smile was contagious, somehow made you smile too.

 

“I know I’m good looking but I think the ice cream looks tastier than me” he smirked after catching you stare at him.

 

“I-i-I wasn’t even looking at you! That sounded really wrong by the way…”

 

“Hey, if you want to have a ‘wrong’, ‘dirty minded’ battle sure because I’m pretty sure I’d win… BUT… you should still choose something first or we’re going to end up sitting here until dawn~”

 

Embarrassed you quickly opened up the menu book and looked for something you wanted to eat.

 

“I want mango and chocolate~” you pointed towards a picture of an ice cream with two scoops, one chocolate, one mango and it had some chocolate sauce and cherry on top.

 

He chuckled and you immediately shot him a questioning look but he just ignored you and called for a waiter.

 

“Two Mango-Chocolates please”

 

You looked at him after the waiter walked away, “Why did you laugh?”

 

“Nothing~” yea right, totally nothing, you knew there was defiantly something. You were just too sure.

 

“Tell me~~~” trying to do some aegyo but it probably turned out really bad.

 

“You really want to know?”

 

You nodded.

 

“You’re cute”

 

“W-wha-t?” you thought you heard wrong but

 

“It’s funny how you’re like a kid, instead of looking at the names and content of the food types on the menu you choose by picture and how good it looks. It’s cute.”

 

Was that supposed to be a compliment or was it supposed to offend you? You had no idea, absolutely no idea, and you didn’t even know wether you were supposed to be happy or sad at his comment. 

 

“See, I told you it was nothing~”

 

Trying to change the subject, you asked a random question. “What did you order?”

 

“Didn’t you hear me ordering tho?”

 

Oooops… You were too busy thinking about why he was laughing you weren’t paying attention.

 

“Same as you” he smiled.

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Because you chose one of the one’s that I’ve never tried before and since we’re eating it together why not I mean I want to try new things and it’s a good opportunity and I didn’t even notice that one until you were chose it…” he spoke so fast you it took you quite some time to receive the message but you nodded anyway.

 

Before you knew it, the ice cream was served. You were about to pick your spoon up and try the ‘lovely’ ice cream that Ten had been talking about but he grabbed your arm and took out his phone.

 

“Selcaaaaaaa” he smiled and just like that already took the photo.

 

“Yah! I wasn’t even ready!”

 

“Too bad” he stuck his tongue out at you before checking the photo on his phone, “you look fine anyway… now you can eat!” He picked his own spoon up and began diving into his own ice cream. 

As if he’d never tasted anything this good before, he looked up at you and gave you the biggest smile he’d ever given you, “I thought this was going to taste weird because who the heck puts chocolate and mango together but damn this is heaven~” he continued eating.

 

You made sure your mouth was empty before asking, “What’s up with you and food anyway? Why do you like it so much?”

 

“Food is amazing”

 

“Yea I know that”

 

“Exactly so why are you asking?”

 

“Well you just have an exdodenrary crush on food”

 

“Nah~ Food is just awesome, I have a crush on an actual person” Suddenly he stopped eating and looked at you, “Uh-“ but before he could finish his sentence you cut him off.

 

“Who?” you tilted your head to the side cutely. You swore you saw him blush for a spilt second.

 

“Just eat” he picked up a mouthful with his spoon and put in in front of your mouth. You looked at it and blinked a few times. Millions of questions where running through your mind, were you supposed to eat it or… You decide to eat it since he looked quite tired holding it up for you. As you moved closer and opened your mouth, he pulled back and laughed at your expression. You looked down kind of embarrassed and just grabbed your own spoon to finish eating.

 

 


 

Author's Note
 

Sorry for the late update ㅠㅠ
I was going to make this a cute chapter but I guess I'm not good at writing what so ever >//< mianhae everyone