Chapter 2

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 2

 

 


 

 

You liked winter a lot more than summer. Summer? It was way to hot. Winter was the kind of weather were it was really cold but there were many things you could do to make yourself warm, like drinking hot chocolate or giving people hugs. Too bad summer was almost here and you were already wearing t-shirts. You liked to dress simple, you didn’t even bother putting on makeup. What’s the point anyway, it would always end up smudging when it rains or when you sweat, saves the hassle and complaints.

 

You were heading to Johnny’s house just like any normal weekend. It was kind of like your second home since you were there a lot. You walked through the doors greeting your aunt and uncle before heading straight into Johnny’s room. You never bothered to knock, like he’ll even hear it, he’s usually blasting loud music before you go in anyway. He noticed your presence and paused the music. 

 

“Well hello to you too~” he said noticing that you haven’t said anything to him yet.

 

“Oh hey~ I didn’t know you where here” you said causing both of you to chuckle a little. 

 

Johnny and you always talked like that causing conversations to be really strange and a lot of the time off topic but it was just the way you guys showed that you cared for each other and enjoyed each other’s company. If only he would talk to other girls like this as comfortable as he talked to you, he would already have a girl friend you always thought to yourself.

 

“Why do you keep looking at you phone like that?” he asked you curiously, trying to peek at your phone but you quickly held it against your chest.

 

“Huh? Oh-um… uh…” You felt your face start to heat up, it wasn’t that you didn’t want to tell him it was just really awkward to suddenly bring something as awkward like this up.

 

“Yah~ Hee Yeon! What are you hiding~” As if on key, your phone rang as soon as he finished speaking. You looked at him before picking it up, a little shy and embarrassed all of a sudden.

 

“Oh, I called for the science project coming up… Are you free to talk now?” The person on the other line said.

 

“Um-yea… I guess so…” You said before eyeing Johnny making sure he stays quiet. Johnny gave you a glare before you continued on with your conversation. You finished your conversation and quickly hid your phone before seeing a smirking Johnny looking at you.

 

“Hmmm… let me guess~ Do Young?” Your face immediately became as red as a potato before you covered it.

 

“Ho-how…”

 

“Well obviously because you suddenly became all shy and stuff?”

“Yah! Oppa! Do you stalk me~ How can you know by just the way I talk!” You screamed back at him trying to make it less obvious. 

 

“Pfft~ Says you, you’re the one who can tell by my actions more than I can tell by your actions, miss.” he stuck his tongue out at you. 

 

You grabbed a pillow from his bed before throwing it at him. He threw it back at you so you just used it to cover your face.

 

“Tell me~ you’ve got me curious now~” He said, adding a little aegyo into his voice. Okay that was it. Nope. Nope. Nope. No. Just no. Not matter how good looking he was, how cute he looked his aegyo was just disturbing okay. Johnny, just wasn’t the person who could use aegyo, it was literally going to make you puke. You shot your head up glaring at him.

 

“Oppa! I told you not to use aegyo! Really! I’m going to end up throwing up before I can even tell you!” 

 

“Jeeez, whats so bad about my aegyo?” He pouted.

 

“Ewwwwwwwww!” You said running out his room. No matter how childish you felt it just had to be done, his aegyo was the worst. Really, the worse thing that he could ever do. You looked behind to find him chasing you. Before you knew it he was chasing you around the house while the adults were laughing at you guys.

 

“Ewwwww don’t chase me, you’re disgusting oopa~”

 

“Ommo what did he do to you?” His mum asking you while you were still trying to get away.

 

“Auntie~ have you never seem oppa’s aegyo before? It’s terrifying!” you made a disgusted face before resuming from getting away from Johnny. Okay, you admitted it, it was getting really childish so you decided to stop and let him catch on to you. He dragged you back into his room and made you tell him the whole thing.

 

“Why did he call you?” he looked so curious almost like his eyes where going to pop out. You sighed.

 

“W-we were just talking about your science project”

 

“Mhmm? and…?” he gave you a smirk. Ugh, that smirk scares you almost as if he’s about to get all your secrets out.

 

“Nothing! We were just talking about the science project, really!”

 

“Yea… well then why was the conversation so awkward?”

 

“Um…”

 

“You still have feelings for him? Still?”

 

“Oppa! It’s not like that, it’s just-”

 

“Jeez, its okay to admit that you still have feelings for him, not like he doesn’t have feeling for you am I not right?”

 

“Wait what?”

 

“Pfft, he still likes you.”

 

“N-n-no” You weren’t trying to deny it, okay maybe you where but it was because you didn’t want to think about it yourself. You perfectly knew that he still liked you but you weren’t planning on letting that get past you.

 

“Yea right, your whole face is red” You covered your face with your hands. Sometimes having such a close relation to someone wasn’t that good after all, especially with Johnny. You knew it was because he cared a lot for you but sometimes you didn’t want to think about it. He leaned in closer before pulling your hands down. “You still like him too right?”

 

You gave him a small nod before looking away. You heard him sigh and turned to look at his way.

 

“Well at least you had a boyfriend before and you are able to talk to the person you like- unlike me…”

 

Sometimes you were confused. So Johnny knew exactly how to heal your “love problems” yet he couldn’t fix his own instead asking you for help.

 

“Oppa! Just man up and start talking to a girl you like, or in fact just talk to any girl as practice first. You can’t just stay like this your whole life and be scared of talking to girls right? I’m pretty sure there are girls out there dying for you to talk to them.”

 

“Pft, I’m not even that good looking~”

 

“Yah Johnny Seo! If you think that lowly of our self then of course you’re never gonna get a girlfriend!”

 

“What~ I’m serious. I mean look at Ten, he’s cute, good looking and can even dance. Heck, I would totally fall for him if I was gay.”

“Whos… Ten…?”

 

“Oh. That guy.”

 

“Which guy?”

 

“The guy that you saw with me the other day before class…”

 

“Ohhhh… that guy that called use cousins?”

 

“Yea. Him. He’s good looking right?”

 

“Well yea of course, have you even seen other people around our school?”

 

“Mmm maybe you can date him” Johnny smirked at you.

 

“W-what?” You couldn’t help but choke a little, even though you didn't really have anything to choke on.

 

“Yea, why not?”

 

“Oppa, you must be kidding… I don’t even know him.”

 

“Well then get to know him? He’s not bad I suppose…”

 

“Yah! Oppa! Stop making stupid jokes”

 

“I’m not joking. Look, you have this helpless crush on this guy that you’ve already dated and yea he still likes you but do you think that you guys can get back together?” He asked you, starting to get a little too serious.

 

“No… I mean breakup’s are breakups and they usually happen for a reason so…”

 

“Exactly. So it’s not like you’re planning to get back together with Do Young.”

 

“Still, I don’t know that guy, whatever his name was. See! I already forgot his name anyway.”

 

“Aigoooo, Your little Hee Yeon~ What am I going to do with you~” He said while ruffling your hair.

 

You slapped his hand off, “What? It’s not my problem here~ You’re the one who needs a girlfriend. I’m fine being single.”

 

He gave you a little sigh before looking out the window.