Chapter 13

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 13


 


 

"Hee Yeon ah!"

 

You turned around, already able to tell who it was by his voice. "Annyeong" you smiled at Do Young.

 

"Do you have any plans"

 

"Now?"

 

"Yea..."

 

You shook your head, "I don't have any, why?"

 

"Do you want to go get something to eat or drink" he suggested.

 

"Thats fine with me" you smiled before the two of you walked outside the school.

 

"What's the occasion though" you turned towards him wondering why he suddenly brought up the idea.

 

"There's not really a reason? It's just... we haven't been out just the two of us for a long time..." Do Young scratched the back of his head.

 

 

You sat next to the window waiting for Do Young while he was ordering the drinks.

 

“Here~” he put down a warm cup of chocolate in front of you before he did the same for himself. “Be careful it’s hot” he warned you.

 

At first nothing was said, both of you were in your own little world, thinking about different things… well more like you were in your own little world, still worrying about this and that where as Do Young was thinking about what to say to you and trying to work out what you would be thinking about.

 

“Hee Yeon ah…” he up from his drink to look at you but only to see you looking out the window.

 

“Kim Hee Yeon” he said again, trying to gain your attention, but you seemed to be way too much in deep thought to notice him.

 

Do Young leaned forward and waved him hand in front of your face, causing you to fall out of your thoughts and to give your attention to him.

 

“Uh? Wae” you awkwardly said as you realised what just happened.

 

“Is something bothering you?” he asked as he sat back down in his seat comfortably.

 

“N-no…” you lied, looking at your drink because you couldn’t possibly meet his gaze right now.

 

“Are you sure? You always seem to be thinking about something… and you’ve been really quiet lately” you didn’t have to ask to know that he knew what you were thinking about, Do Young was always the first one to know if something was wrong or if you were worrying about something. You sighed, still not telling him, trying to hide it the best as you could, even though you knew it was pretty much impossible.

 

“Did something happen between you and Ten Hyung?” you really could never hide anything from him could you? You didn’t have to tell him or physically show him yet he would still manage to find out.

 

“It’s not like that…” you tried to start off, wanting to explain the situation but honestly you didn’t really know wether he was the right person to talk to about this. If it was before then yes, you would have talk to him without any hesitation but now…

 

“Ten Hyung confessed to you right?” Your eyes widened as you looked at him shocked but also confused. That was unexpected. You knew he was going to somehow find out that something had happened but you weren’t really expecting him to know the details.

 

As if he knew exactly what you were thinking he gave you an answer, “I can tell just by looking at the two of you. If you were just mad at him then you would just be ignoring him, but Ten Hyung would still be hanging around you… but you’re both awkward around each other? And I noticed that you’re paying a lot more attention on him know…” Do Young tried not to show it, but you could tell by just listening to the way he said the last bit… he was somewhat hurt.

 

“Do Young I-“ you got cut off, “But how come you didn’t give him an answer?”

 

You looked down, embarrassed, “I don’t know…”

 

“You… like Ten Hyung right?” he asked you already expecting how you would react. You looked back up at him somehow happy someone knew exactly how you felt but somewhat sorry that it was Do Young. It wasn’t because you didn’t want him to know… intact he was always the first to know about your crushes and love life in the past but now it felt different and you knew that he was going to be pretty hurt. You didn’t answer him.

 

“Hee Yeon ah… do you remember how we became close?” he paused a little before continuing, “We became friends really quickly because you were close to Jae Hyun… but we didn’t really get close until you opened up to me. I liked how you trusted me so much and would always talk to me about all your worries and let me help you. We became close because we knew so much about each other and you are probably the person who knows me most even now.”

 

“That’s probably why I liked you… somehow you were different… you cared so much about everyone, always gave others advice, but you rarely tell others about your thoughts… and I liked how you were able to at least open up to me” he continued. It was true, you were outgoing and you had many friends, but usually you won’t tell others about what you felt and only listen to their worries.


“I know that it’s like this now… but don’t hesitate to talk to me again… we’re friends and I’m always here for you…”

 

“Do Young ah…” you started off, trying to get the right words but you just couldn’t seem to find the right words.

 

“What if… What if I really like him?” you asked Do Young.

 

“If you like him… why are you asking me? It’s your feelings… I can’t tell you who you like… nor can I tell you who not to like… if you like him…” he stopped, you knew that he was a little heartbroken.

 

“Do Young ah-“ you got cut off, “If you liked him then you should tell him… it’s good that you’ve sound someone else to like, that why you can move on and be happy” he smiled happily, although you really didn’t know wether he met it or just did it to make you less worried. “That way I can move on quicker too” he smiled again.

 

You didn’t know what to say. “Why didn’t you tell Ten Hyung?” he spoke again.

 

“Because… I didn’t know about you- I mean… us…”

 

“Kim Hee Yeon.” Do Young said your name firm and serious, “Stop thinking about us. It’s all in the past and I just want you to be happy and find someone that you will like… We’ve broke up for quiet a long time now… it’s pretty normal for you to have a crush on someone else by now. Grab the chance when you have it or when it’s too late you’ll just regret it.”

 

You knew he was right. Do Young always was. Even though you were his first relationship he seemed to know a lot about it and therefore he was always the first one that people would look for when asking questions about it.

 

“But… I don’t know what to say… I don’t even know what I’m supposed to tell him if I like him…”

 

“Why are you hesitating so much? Did something else happen?” he looked at you worriedly this time.

 

“Ani… nothing happened… it’s just…”

 

“Just?”

 

“It doesn’t feel right… he confessed to me but now he’s all distance from me. We’re so awkward around each other… I barely see him with other girls but now every time I see him, theres always at least one girl with him, it’s not that I mind… it’s just he’s putting so much distance between us and we don’t talk much and I see him with all these other girls and I just feel pushed away. He used to be so annoying and he would literally do everything to get my attention and to get on my nerves but now that he’s not… I’m starting to realise…” you paused. What were you starting to realise?

 

“That you like the way he’s always trying to get your attention and now that he’s not doing it and has kept his distance away from you that you miss having him there, even when you guys are doing the most stupidest things?” Do Young finished your sentence for you… and it was exactly how you felt. You used to find him so annoying… who would anyone cousin anyway? You used to think that he was just some random guy in your life… well to be more exact you’re cousin’s best friend but now… now he was someone different. You wanted him there, you wanted to have someone like him, always by your side, someone that would do all sorts of silly things with you. Someone who you could joke with and argue at the most stupid things.

 

You liked him. A lot. Or maybe more than just a lot.

 

“Yea…” you looked away full of embarrassment. 

 

“Then tell him that. Tell Ten Hyung what you told me, tell him what you truly feel because there’s no harm right? You always know he likes you anyway” he encouraged you.

 

“But-“

“Wae~ You can’t keep running away~ I think what you just told me was very truthful and I’m pretty sure Ten Hyung will want to hear it from you too.

 

“He would?”

 

“Of course! Most guys love it when their crush or girlfriend tell them to stay by their side.” He smiled at you.

 

“I-i-i guess…”

 

“Try, arrasseo? I can already promise you that there’s going to be a good outcome” he gave you one last encouragement before taking another sip of his drink.

 

 

— — —

 

 

You mustered all your courage together and went to Ten’s house straight after school. You deiced to go after school so that you would get there first and could wait outside for him before he comeback. And that was what you did. 

 

Before you knew it, you found yourself in front of the doors to Ten’s house. You couldn’t believe that you were actually going to do this and of course you were really really nervous. You were pacing around the door to Ten’s house, keeping your sweating hands together. For a moment you were really hesitant and wanted to leave but just before you could get yourself to do so you heard his voice.

 

“Oh! What are you doing here…?” you looked up to face him.

 

“I-i-i uh… um… Su-mbae.. I- have something to tell you…” you stuttered a lot because of your nervousness. 

 

“Well… only if you don-’t mind?” you said to Ten.

 

“Of course I don’t mind… what are you talking about” He walked closer to you, but only making you walk backwards. He stopped when he realised what he was doing. At that moment he was just as nervous as you where, to what he noticed you where acting differently and it made him feel uncomfortable as he began to worry about what you were going to say to him or wether something had happened to you.

 

“Um… Uh…” you scratched the back of your head, unsure of where to start.

 

Then tell him that. Tell Ten Hyung what you told me, Do Young’s words rang in your mind, reminding yourself what to do.

 

Ten stood there patiently, well at least he tired to make himself look as patient as he could but inside his heart was beating really fast, wanting to hear from you as quick as possible.

 

“I..” “A-are you really close with those girls…?” You mentally slapped yourself for asking such a dumb question, intact it wasn’t even something you needed to know but the words came out of your mouth before you could stop yourself.

 

“Who?” he looked at you confusingly but almost immediately after he knew who you were talking about, “Not really… they’re just in my class…”

 

You sighed in relief. Too embarrassed to look into his eyes, you tired to look anywhere else but his face. You sighed one last time before telling him how you felt, which was exactly the reason why you were here.

 

“I… I think- I think there’s something wrong with me. I used to think you hated me because you would always tease me and would just seem to always be able to find my bad points out and talk about them, I used to think you were really mean and annoying because of that. But then when we started to become closer I realised you were quiet nice and you seemed to be a good person to be friends with. I thought I would be really hesitant in being close friends with you but somehow… I couldn’t wasn’t able to take it in control and without myself knowing I’ve became really close to you.” you stopped for a second before continuing. “I didn’t know about my feelings either, I didn’t know why I liked being with you so much but… now that you’re so distant away from me… I feel empty without you. I’m not even the clingy or overprotective type and I usually don’t really mind wether my crush or boyfriend is with a bunch of other girls but when I saw you with your other female friends… I feel like… I feel like I have been pushed away and somehow made you not want to be with me anymore. I realised that I actually really like having you there always bugging me and making us do the most stupid things…” Before you knew it, tears tarted forming in your eyes. You lowered your head, not wanting Ten to see. “I understand if you don’t want to be next to me anymore… but I just wanted you to know… I j-just wan-ted you to k-know that I want to be next to you and…” you stopped, really nervous to say it and it made you even more hesitant because Ten was being so quiet but you realised that you’ve already said so much that it would be a waste not to continue. “and… I’ve come to realise that… I- l-li-ke-e yo-u… I like you a-al-ot” You said it. Although it was really quiet it was loud enough for Ten to hear it. Before you could say anything else or run away from embarrassment you felt a warm body pressed against you and two arms wrapped around your back. It felt comfortable… and right.

 

Ten and you stood there for a little while, without saying anything. You let your tears shed down as you were in Ten’s embrace, even though he didn’t say anything you were glad that you told him, and you were happy that right now he was next to you, no you were in his arms. You listed to his heartbeat, matching yours, both beating so wildly. You hands clutched onto his shirt tighter, not want him to leave.

 

He chuckled at you before breaking the hug to look down at you. “I didn’t know that you knew how to be jealous too” he smirked. Oh god, time for him to tease everything out of you again.

 

“I-i’m not j-jealous!” you defended yourself.

 

“Aigooo” he ruffled your hair. You missed it. Even though he did it so much, you missed his hand on your head so much.

 

“Thank you” you looked up at him confusingly, “Thank you for telling me all that” he smiled at you happily. 

 

You looked away, too embarrassed to look at him right now. Ten moved his hand from your head to your chin and lifted it up. “Kim Hee Yeon. Would you be my girlfriend?” although he said it out loud, it felt more like he was telling you through his eyes, they looked so loving and kind. You looked away shyly. Not because you didn’t want to be his girlfriend, you really wanted to, you didn’t know what happened to you either because you suddenly became this shy. 

 

Ten continued to look at you, waiting for an answer. He was worried, what if after all that you said to him, you would keep a distance from him? What if you just wanted to remain friends? “You d-don’t- want to?” it was his turn to stutter.

 

“Aniya! It’s not like that… it-’s just… I… I’m not really good at relationships. You- see I’m- not goo-d at expressing myse-lf and-“ you stopped when you felt a warm pair of lips pushed against yours. Ten kissed away all your words, already knowing what you wanted to say.

 

He broke the kiss and looked into your eyes, still holding your arms to face him. “That’s okay. But we can work on that right? You’ve already been brave enough to tell me all that so we just need to take step by step.” he smiled, even though you haven’t agreed yet he already felt like you were his.

 

You smiled back at him, “So do you want to be my girlfriend?” he asked again.

 

You nodded shyly, but this time looking back in his eyes. Ten’s eyes almost lit up as if he was the happiest man on earth right now, he pulled you in a hug again, this time holding you tighter and so close to his body you could barely breathe. 

 

“S-sum-b-bae” you said in chunks. “Hmm?” he looked at you and then laughed. “Ooops~ Mianhae~ I won’t hug you so tight again” he said realising that you weren’t able to breathe properly like that.

 

You smiled before moving back into his grip, liking exactly how it felt when you guys hugged.

 

He pushed you away sudddely, placing his hands on your shoulders. “Yah Kim Hee Yeon, what did you just call me?” he tried to make an angry face but it didn’t really work.

 

“Sum…bae…?” you said confused.

 

“Didn’t I call you not to call me that anymore? Especially now that you’re my girlfriend!” he scrunched up his nose like a cute puppy that was mad. You chuckled at him before replying, “Arrasseo… O-opp-a then…” you tired to say that word with more confidence but it hasn’t hit you entirely yet.

 

“Say that again” he smiled when hearing you call him his new nickname.

 

“Oppa” this time you said it with a little more confidence. He smiled and pulled you towards him.

 

“You’re mine now~” your heartbeat began to rise again hearing his words.

 

“Do you want to go inside?” he pointed at his door.

“Huh…?”

 

“You haven’t been to my house before right? Do you want to go in and have a look?”

 

“If you want to?” you said back to him. He smiled, getting his keys before using it to unlock his door. 

 

Ten put his hand in yours before taking you into his house.

 


 

You finally realised why he had always been bugging you, why he would always sick around you, and why he would try to get your attention that badly... because there's always a reason... and his reason was because he liked you.


And you liked him too.


 




Author's Note

I'm not sure if this was what you guys expected but this was the last chapter!
Since it was the last one I did make a little longer ^^ so I hoped you enjoyed it!

I would like to thank every one of you who has read this fanfic and supported me!
I read all your comments and seriously they inspirer me to write more and better fanfics :)

Feel free to tell me what you liked about this fanfic and what you think that I could have done better, 
Or even what ending you expected this to have and wether you liked it or not. 

It looks like lots of you guys like smrookies fanfics so I am thinking of writing another one~
But I'm still stuck on plotting a story line and who I should use as the chararcters...
If you guys have any suggestions or a specific memeber you want me to write about please let me know :)

Once again, thank you so much for reading and supporting this fanfic!
I really appreciate all of it! Komawo <3