Chapter 5

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 5

 

 


 

It was just a normal Saturday morning when you suddenly got a notification from Facebook. Oh and guess who it was from…

 

Ten: Yoooooooo

 

Hee Yeon: Yo?

 

Ten: You free today?

 

Hee Yeon: Uh, yea I guess… it’s not like I have anything to do…

 

Ten: Oh then you should come out with me!

 

Hee Yeon: Mwo?!

 

Ten: Yep, where do you live?

 

Hee Yeon: Uh why do you need to…

 

Ten: Well if you don’t want to tell me then never mind, I’ll just choose a random place we should meet up at. Insadong? Hongdae? MyeongDong?

 

Hee Yeon: Wait are you serious?

 

Ten: Yep! Let’s meet at Myeongdong, I can show you the world’s best BEST street food~

 

Hee Yeon: I’m pretty sure, I’ve lived in Korea longer than you have…

 

Ten: How long does it take you to get there?

 

Hee Yeon: Uh… 30mins…?

 

Ten: Then let’s meet in an hours time at Myeongdong Station~

 

 

Where you supposed to be happy that you found something to do? Or where you supposed to be scared because you didn’t know what to do. Without putting in much effort to get ready, you just top on a simple black t-shirt on with some blue shorts and grabbed a small bag to sling over your shoulders before heading out to Myeongdong.

 

As you were walking to the area, you stopped to think to yourself.

What’s wrong with him? Why did he even want to hangout with me? Do I even know him that well? Why couldn’t he just go with somebody else?! Ughhh!

 

As expected you arrived a little early, but that’s how you liked it. You hated being late because for some reason it made you feel so bad, so you were pretty much never late. Your feet where taking small steps and your head looked down at your shoes with your hair flowing down while you waited for him to arrive.

A few minutes later, you felt someone tap your shoulder, turning around to face a very smily boy.

 

“Annyeong insect cousin!” He gave you one of his famous smirks again.

 

“Hey stop ca-“

 

“Did you wait for a long time? I’m sorry” he looked at his phone to check the time.

 

“Nah~ I just arrived here, why are you sorry? You’re not even late…”

 

“Oh well…” then he looked at you strangely with the most judging you’ve ever seen someone make. For a minute you were really worried, did you do something wrong? Was there something on your face?

 

“M-m-mw-o?” he didn’t reply you but you noticed that he was looking at your shirt and shorts, “Is there something wrong with my clothes…?”

 

“Why aren’t you wearing a dress?”

 

“Mwo…?”

 

“I dunno, girl’s usually wears dress when they come out on dates…” Ten started to speak softer when the word ‘dates’ came out. You heard the word but you decided to pretend you didn’t since it might make everything awkward.

 

“Uh well, it’s more comfortable wearing t-shirt and shorts” you gave him your eye smile before he nodded in agreement to what you said.

 

“So uh… why did you ask me to come out again?”

 

“Oh… Yea! I had something to show you!”

 

“Show me what?” instead of telling you, he gripped on to your wrist and dragged you somewhere. For a second you literally thought that he was going to do something bad to you and got really scared, but before you could say anything you were both standing in front of this small street shop with the name Ms Kim’s Spicy Dokbokki. Ten dragged you inside the stall and an ahjuma came to greet you guys.

 

“Tennie! You’re here?” the ahjuma had a really nice and smoothing voice, she seemed quite nice. Wait does she know Ten?

 

“Ne ahjuma~ Can we have a plate of spicy dokbokkis?”

“Of course! I’ll get it ready now!” she smiled before leaving.

 

You looked at Ten. “Yah~ How come you asked me to come here?”

 

“Yah! How can you say “yah” to a sumbae?”

 

You chuckled and smirked at him. “Well if you can call me what you want then I can call you what I want~”

 

You totally weren’t expecting what happened next. Nope you totally was not. He leaned over almost leaving no gap between your faces, “Mmm but what else can I call you other than cousin?” For a moment, you froze, literally. Your heart was beating so fast, he could probably he it loud and clear. You looked at his face, you had to admit, he was really good looking but you really couldn’t tell wether he was trying to create a closer friendship between you two or wether he was just trying to make things more awkward. You have never, never been so close to a guy before. Well, you’ve hugged Do Young before but you guys had never kissed you it’s pretty much your first time being to close to a guy’s face. Luckily, that ahjuma saved you.

 

“Here’s your spicy dokbokki” she smiled before handing us a plate full of red spicy dokbokki and handing us come cutlery. Ten’s face immediately lit up and spooned a spoonful before pushing it in your face.

 

“Ah~ Eat it, trust me it’s really good!” he said using a cute voice.

 

You looked at him blankly but thousands of things were running through your mind. Am I supposed to eat that off his spoon? What… is happening? Is he feeding me? Did he just do aegyo? “Ah~” he said once more pointing the spoon at your mouth. You realised that a lot of people where looking at you two so you quickly opened your mouth and let him feed you. Ten smiled seeing that your face lit up as soon as you tasted the food.

 

“It’s really good right?” full of food in your mouth you just nodded to his question. “This ahjuma is the best making dokbokki person there ever will be!” he smiled at the ahjuma before talking again, “Ahjuma jjang!” they both smiled.

 

“Aigoo~ Tennie you’re always the best. But who’s this? I’ve never seen her with you before?” she smirked before continuing “Is this your girlfriend?” hearing the word girlfriend make you choke, Ten shot you a worried look before handing you some water.

 

“A-a-ahniya! It’s not my girlfriend! I don’t have a girlfriend! We’re just f-f-riends!” he protested waving his arms in all sorts of directions.

 

She smiled before asking if you were okay. Of course you were not, someone just asked you the more stupidest question in the world with the easiest answer. You? Hee Yeon? and Ten? No. Way. But there was no reason for you to be that rude so you held it in and just simply nodded and continued to eat. Seeing you guys enjoy the meal so well, the ahjuma left and went to serve the other customers.

“I told you it’s good~ See, you don’t regret coming!” Ten stuffed his mouth full. 

 

You swallowed before answering. “Yah, of course I regret coming, it’s with you, babo. Why couldn’t you just get another friend, why me?!”

 

For a minute you swore you saw pain in his eyes. You immediately regret what you had just said.

 

“Because…” he was at lost for words. 

 

Silence.

 

You were going to speak up and say sorry but he continued, “because I was really bored at home, and everyone else was busy so… you were the only one?”

 

You knew they were all excuses just by the way he seemed to have made them up on spot but why?

 

“Still… why me…?”

 

“I dunno… you were the first person I thought of?”

 

You looked at him with wide eyes. What?

 

“Ani ani, oh my gosh don’t get the wrong idea! Uh- You were the only person online okay, so.. Um you see I just asked you without thinking…” he trailed off.

 

What were you even supposed to say in this situation because you had no idea what so ever.

 

“Wae? Do you not want to see me?”

 

“Aniya!” you said a little too loudly before you covered your mouth with your hands. “It’s not like that-“

 

“What ever, just eat, or you’ll regret it because it’s literally the best stall in the whole Korea. You should feel honoured because I’ve never showed any girl here before, infact any person but Johnny…”

 

For some reason that made you happy, being someone special to someone. Wait what? Well it is kinda special right…? He waved a spoon at your face, breaking all your thoughts.

 

For the rest of the meal, it was pretty much quite between you two except for the few awkward laughs and compliments on the dish. You insisted on paying, but Ten completely ignored you and pay for both of you.

 

You guys walked outside of the stall and headed to the main streets. “Is there anywhere you want to go?” he asked you.

“Uh… I don’t really mind…”

 

“Hey do you like shopping?”

 

“Yea… which girl doesn’t?” you chucked at his stupid question.

 

“Well then, let’s just walk around and do some shopping~”

 

“How about you?”

 

“Well since you went with me to a place I wanted to go to we can go to a place you want to go to now.”

 

You guys walked around the malls and street shops along the streets of MyeongDong. You stopped at a shop where the window had many stuffed toys on display. You scanned the different toys as you smiled, that smile suddenly fading remembered that he got you one that looked exactly like that, you couldn’t help but let your heart break a little remembering some of your old memories. 

 

“Do you want to go in and have a look?” Ten nudged you but you were too busy thinking about Do Young to notice.

 

“Kim Yee Heon” he actually called your name but you were in another world and wasn’t able to catch on.

 

“Yah, cousin” he said shaking you a little harder this time, which was effective because you snapped back into reality. 

 

“Huh?” you looked at him.

 

“Aigoo~ See when I call your name you don’t even answer me but when I call you cousin you do!” he laughed at you but you didn’t laugh back. He could probably sense something was wrong so he stpoped immediately.

 

“Do you want to go in the shop and have a look?” 

 

Straight away you said turned to his direction and said no.

 

“Uh- We should go…” dragging him away. For another few minutes or so there was no talking. He dragged you into a park and you both sat down on a bench.

 

“Do you like stuff toys?” he suddenly asked you. You didn’t know how to reply. You actually really really loved stuffed toys but it hurt to think about Do Young so now you didn’t exactly know the answer.

 

You nodded your head a little. You could tell he had lots of ask you but something was obviously stopping him.

“Are you curious about anything?” he asked you.

 

“Like…?”

 

“I dunno… me?”

 

You gave him a blank stare. Where you supposed to be curious about him?

 

“Well I mean you agreed to come out with me and you don’t even know me that well so…”

 

“It’s fine. I trust you. Since you’re Johnny’s friend and I think my cousin’s smart enough to not be friends with people who will harm his cousin.” You smiled.

 

“Pft. How do you know?” he smirked.

 

“I dunno, to be honest I wasn’t even close with Johnny before. Infact when we were younger we wouldn’t even talk to eat other. Maybe it was because he lived in Canada for so long we weren’t really that close, so even if he came to visit we didn’t talk much we were really there for our parents but as soon as he moved to Korea we just clicked. We found out so much about each other, he helped me, I helped him, we understand each other a lot I guess, that’s probably why I’m able to trust him so much.”

 

“Ahh… No wonder… But… are you sure?” he smirked and you could tell he was coming up with things to fire at you.

 

“Sure of?”

 

“That he doesn't use you any other way?” he nudged you just like the day when you first met him when he nudged Johnny.

 

“Yah!” You where ‘mad’ at him for saying that but you smiled thinking how annoyingly stupid he was.

 

“Yes! I made you smile again!” he said pinching your cheeks.

 

“Yah! Don’t touch me!”

 

“Don’t go around with that grumpy face~ you’ll make everyone around you sad you know.” this time ruffling your hair.

 

“Yah! Hajima!”

 

“Yah! You’re using yah again?! I’m your sumbae! S-U-M-B-A-E! Stop ‘yah’ing me!”

 

“Yah Yah Yah Yah Yah Yah Yah” you stuck your tongue out at him before leaping up and running away from him. As expected he immediately got up and cashed after you. He was taller than you so it didn’t take him long until he caught you. He tickled you, “My name’s not Yah, it’s Ten. T E N, Ten. Say it, Ten.”

 

“Yah~” you said but he just tickled you more. “F-f—fin-e, s-t-s-op-, tic-“

 

“It’s Ten!”

 

“Fi-n-e, T-n-T-en, No-w stop-ti-c-kling me!” you managed to say before you ran out of breathe.

 

“Good!”

 

 

You both decided to go home a while later since you guys walked passed most of the shops and wasted money on useless things. He offered to take you home, but declined it since you lived pretty close and didn’t want to cause the trouble.

 

You smiled all the way home, so did he. Although you didn’t notice yourself, you really enjoyed today, a lot, Ten has this weird thing about him that could make everyone around him smile and forget about everything.
 


 




Author's Note

The story's starting to get clearer right? I hope so ^^
Thanks for leaving your comments~ I seriously love reading them :)

If you have any questions or suggestions you can always ask/tell me!