Chapter 12

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 12

 

 


 

You walked through the school gates the next day and saw Johnny with Ten. You were about to greet them but you stopped yourself, debating wether it was a good idea or not. You weren’t going to get away from the situation… but you wanted to give yourself sometime and take this seriously. You really wanted to go to them, but if you did… would he act like nothing happened or would he tell Johnny? Or maybe you would have to act like nothing happened? You had no idea what to do and you didn’t want to risk anything so you stopped yourself from going to them.

 

Just then, someone tapped your should and as a natural reflex you turned around to face them.

 

“Morning” Do Young smiled.

 

“Morning” You smiled back. Even though you tried your best to hide your confused feelings, Do Young could tell that something had happened to you. Even before you guys got together, he would always be the first to notice something was wrong with you.

 

“Is everything okay?” he gave you a worried look.

 

“Mhmm” you smiled once again, not wanting to let him through your mind.

 

“Okay~ But talk to me if anything’s wrong okay?” He wasn’t convinced that you were okay, but he didn’t want to force you to tell him if you weren’t comfortable so he decide to let you go.

 

As the two of you walked through the hallway to get to your classroom, you noticed a very familiar person walking in the direction towards you, and very soon he was right in front of you. “Annyeong” he smiled casually. It was almost an instant reaction that you smiled back at him, you couldn’t even control the face you made. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Hyung~” Do Young said from beside you.

 

“Oh Hi Do Young~” You watched as the two boys interacted. 

 

“Uh well I got to go to class~ Bye~” Ten informed the two of you before walking away. Your eyes unknowingly followed him as he walked further and further away, soon turning the corner and out of your sight. Seeing him walk away so quickly and not trying to make a conversation with you started to make you worried. Does he not want to talk to me anymore?

 

Do Young was watching you all along as you watched Ten walk away. Since he was a very observant person, he was immediately able to he the smile on your face fade away. He watched as you sighed, turned back to the direction you guys were heading and walked off without him.

 

 

— — —

 

 

Usually Ten would come and cling on to you after school and take you somewhere to get a drink or get something to eat, but today you didn’t see him much, almost as if he was hiding from you. You bumped into Johnny on the way out of school so you guys decide to go home together.

 

“Yah~ Who are you looking for?”

 

“Huh? Oh… No one…”

 

“Yea right~” your cousin smirked, “You’re waiting for Ten right?”

 

“Oppa-“ you started off but got cut off by him immediately. 

 

“I know what happened” for a moment you actually thought you were dreaming because you thought you heard wrong but soon you knew that he did know exactly what happened.

 

“I know that he confessed to you” he smiled. Johnny knows you well, and he knew that you would feel a little awkward to talk about things like this so he tired to make it as un-awkward as possible so that you would feel more comfortable about it and not worry too much.

 

“Oppa…” you turned to look at your cousin but when you met his gaze your mind went blank, you had no idea what you wanted to say.

 

“It’s okay~ Find your own feelings first… before you do anything else. And tell him when you know your known heart…” he encouraged you.

 

“But he said I didn’t have to give him an answer…”

 

“Are you really not going to give him an answer then? Even though he said you didn’t have to… but isn’t it better if you either let him know that you don’t see him the same way so that he can get over it or let him know that you return the same feelings?”

 

“But I don’t know…” you looked down towards the ground, unsure of your own feelings.

 

“Exactly… that’s why you need to give yourself sometime, don’t force yourself to make quick decisions because in the end you may regret them…” you smiled a little hearing how mature Johnny has become over the ‘love’ topic.

 

“Oppa~ Since when where you this experienced?” you a little.

 

“Yah! I haven’t even dated but I know this kind a stuff okay~” he pouted.

 

“Oppa! Aegyo! Ew!” you quickly ran away from him, and of course he chased you.

 

 

— — —

 

You sat alone in a window seat on the bus to school. Someone sat down next to you, and even without looking you could tell who it was, you didn’t know how you knew either but for some reason his presence became really easily recognised by you now.

 

You turned to look at Ten with a faint smile, somewhat happy that he was next to you right now, even though you didn’t really know what to say to him.

 

“Morning” he returned your smile.

 

“Morning” you greeted back.

 

Somehow the conversation ended there. Usually as soon as he got on the bus, he would get straight into a conversation with you and it could probably last forever… but today… it was quiet… really quiet. You sighed a little, feeling awkward at the situation, mentally screaming at yourself for not being able to hold a conversation with him.

 

You caught him looking at you for a few seconds but then he turned away shyly. 

 

You heart skipped a beat, suddenly remembering him laying on your shoulder a few times before when you guys were heading to school. You turned to look at what he was doing, and right at the same moment he so happened to turn towards you. You could feel your face suddenly heat up as your eyes met his, causing you to quickly avoid eye contact, but before you could speak up to defend yourself, you felt his hand on your head giving your hair a little ruffle.

 

When the two of you got off the bus he gave you a quick wave before running towards his friends and walking off into the distance. You sighed.

 

 

During break and lunch times, you saw Ten with a few other girls. You wouldn’t say that it really bothered you because you weren’t the kind of clingy person and it wasn’t a thing that usually got to you, but you did feel a little pushed away, somehow it felt empty because he wasn’t clinging on to you and asking for your time to go to places.

 

 

Honestly it was getting a little irritating that he was trying to put a gab between the two of you. You were so used to having him around you all the time, it made you feel so empty. You didn’t know why you felt like this empty… and no matter what you tried to do, who you tried to hangout with… the emptiness was still with you… somehow it seemed like he was the only one who could fill in your gaps. 

 

 

— — —

 

 

You were about to head home, probably alone since Ten probably had other friends to go with and Yoo Joon was probably going to go out with Jae Hyun. You walked downstairs quietly when you accidentally bumped into someone causing you to fall and land right on your bum on one of the staircases.

 

“Hee Yeon ah! Are you okay?” Ten looked at you really worriedly while carefully pulling you up.

 

“Mmm” you nodded shyly because of the sudden touch of his hand and yours, making you think back to a few days ago at the movies.

 

“Are you sure?” he said like pulling you closer to check if he had hurt you or anything. Seeing you in pain already hurt him a lot but knowing that he was the one who made you fall made him feel worse.

 

“I’m okay Sumbae…” you looked at him in the eyes. Don’t go. I want you to stay by my side. You gripped on him a little tighter, wanting to hold on to him just a little longer.

 

“Oppa!” you heard a girl’s voice say, before seeing her in person when she walked closer towards Ten and you.

 

“Ah~ You’re here?” Ten smiled at her. You looked at them confusingly before setting yourself free from Ten. Ten felt sudden emptiness hit him as you moved out of his hands and gave him an unreadable look. He tried to read the look on your face but you hid it away just a bit too well. You didn’t want him to know what you were hurt.

 

“Let’s go Oppa!” the girl looked at you before tugging on his arm.

 

“Wait” he said pulling his arm away from the girls touch, “Hee Yeon ah are you sure you’re okay?”

 

You nodded before bowing your head a little and walking off. “Who’s she?” you heard the girl trail off as you walked further away from the staircase.

 


 

 

Author's Note

Sorry it took me so long for this update. ㅠㅠ

Actually it was origainlly going to be a really long chapter so it's taking me longer to write, but I didn't want to make you guys wait for too long so I deiced to split the chapter into two.

I'll update the next chapter very soon!

Thank's for all the comments and subscirbers <3