Chapter 1

There's Always A Reason

Chapter 1
 

 


 

You and your best friend, Yoon Joo were walking up the stairs for your next class. Walking 6 flights of stairs after having lunch is one of the things you hate the most. Why must science class be on the sixth floor and why did it have to be the period after lunch when your stomach was all full?

 

“Isn’t that your cousin?” Yoo Joon nudged you pushing your thoughts away.

 

“Oh right, it is” You grabbed her arm before walking up to your cousin.

 

“Oppa!” You smiled.

 

“Wae?” He moved his attention from his phone to you. You see, your cousin, Johnny was this really good looking and smart guy who seemed to always have lots of girls having hitting on him, but there was one thing wrong with him, he was a idiot when it came to love. For some reason he could just never seem to confess to the girl he liked, in fact you’ve known of all his crushes but he never seemed to have ever even talked to one of them before.

 

“You seem like you didn't even want to see me…” You trailed off as you sighed.

 

“Well I see you everyday, everywhere-” He was trying to say but got cut of by the guy next to him.

 

“Who’s this?” you saw the guy nudging him. “Your girlfriend?” he smirked at your cousin. This guy didn’t look Korean but you wouldn’t blame your cousin for hanging out with a guy that wasn’t from Korea because he wasn’t full Korean either. But you had to admit, Johnny’s friend was quite good looking too. Your cousin’s face went all red. You chuckled lightly, you just loved it when people thought that you were his girlfriend. It wasn’t the first time you’ve heard something like this, lots of people would assume that you were his girlfriend since you were practically the only girl he would open up to, that’s probably why he didn’t particularly like seeing you around school because lots of his friends would misunderstand.

“No, oh my god, no!” Johnny looked at his friend. He friend continued to smirk at him probably not believing him since he was suddenly all shy.

 

“Seriously! Really! She’s not my girlfriend okay, she's my cousin” Now even Yoon Joo started laughing at the situation.

 

“Ohhhhh Cousin?! Wait… do you use her or something?” He smirked back at your cousin. You totally get where this conversation is going. Just to make it simple, your cousin is quite dirty, as in dirty minded. Well you see, all of his friends seemed to be quite dirty minded and have all this “” in their conversations so you pretty much know all the things they say. Plus, Yoon Joo kind of reads a lot of fan fictions so you see why you know all of this stuff? Yea, definitely because of your cousin and best friend.

 

Your cousin smirked, “Pfft, probably?”

 

Yoon Joo nudged you and laughed, “Since when did sumbae become so dirty?”

 

“Ah~ So it’s a cousin?” his friend’s smirk grew wider while he looked at you.

 

“Pfft~ You don’t even know what he does to me” You pouted playing a long with the joke.

 

“Shouldn’t hurt too much tho, he’s pretty small”

 

“Yah! What was that for! Why are you trying to flirt with a girl using me?”

 

“I’m not flirting with her! Plus she’s your cousin~ wait no, I mean cousin~”

 

Yoon Joo looked like she was gonna die from these types of conversations. “Pfft, I wonder why you don’t have a girlfriend yet, you should have got one by now with that kind of talk” she said to them.

 

Johnny and his friend started having this stupid conversation with things that were so disturbing you decided to leave.

 

“Oppa, I’m going first~” You said as Yoon Joo and you walked into the halls.

 

“I wonder what she calls you when you’re doing it? Oppa~?” You heard Johnny’s friend talk from the distance while you shook your head, aigoo these boys…

 

“Seriously though” Yoon Joo nudged you, “Why hans’t Johnny sumbae got a girlfriend yet? I mean, he’s good looking, he gets high grades, and I’m sure he has a lot of pickup lines, if you get what I mean…”

 

“Well yea… he does kind of have everything but you see he’s too shy, I can’t imagine him proposing to his future girlfriend, like that would seem like a total joke to me.”

 

“I can see where your heading” she laughed as you guys entered your science class.

 

You didn’t really like science, you didn’t know why, it just wasn’t your thing. Things always seemed to be complicated and even though you understood most of it you just didn’t take must interest in it. Class seemed to go by really slow especially when you sat next to your ex, Do Young. Out of all the possible seat partners given you didn’t know why it had to be him. It was a mutual breakup and you guys agreed to be friends, well since his best friend and your best friend were dating as well, but things never seemed to be comfortable, everything was awkward. You didn’t want to make to seem like you were the type of a clingy girl, you really weren’t it was just, sometimes you didn’t know where your heart belonged. Jae Hyun was Yoon Joo’s boyfriend and Do Young’s best friend. You four used to hang out a lot when Do Young and you were still dating, which made you quite close to Jae Hyun. He was really caring, quite on the outside but when you know him he’s actually quite cheeky and playful, but it was nice to have someone like that around you. Jae Hyun’s the kind of person who just listens to everything you says and someone who understands others well. He’s told you quite a few times that Do Young isn’t quite over you and that he still liked you. You too, still had feelings for him but you didn’t know wether it was right or not. To be honest you didn’t even know why you guys broke up but you just did and yet you both still had feelings for each other? You guys defiantly had a weird relationship. Since Do Young and you sit next to each other in science, you guys had to do labs together, it was boring because you guys barely talked and would just get on with the work unlike other groups, laughing at each other’s mistakes. It wasn’t like it was bad working with him since Do Young was really smart but yet again sometimes it would have been better if there was more fun around.

 


 

Author's Note
I'm sorry if the first chapter didn't make much sense >//< but it should get clearer as you read on, hopefully.
It's a really short (first) chapter but I still hope you guys will continue reading ^^