Chapter 26

Army of Two

I woke up to somebody poking my neck. I slowly opened my eyes, waiting for my vision to become clearer. I turned around and saw TaeHyung looking at me with a tired smile. I tried to smile back at him. He sits up and I turn to face him, still laying down.

"I have to go now." he says. "It's 5am. I can make it back without them knowing I'm gone if I leave now."

I sit up slowly and nod, staring at the blanket sheets. I'm still tired. I mean, 5 in the morning. But, I did tell him to wake me up when he's leaving. I finally look at him and he rolls his eyes.

He scoots next to me and puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder and he pecks my head. I chuckle and then lift my head, looking at him.

"Hey, but let's hang out today. Yeah?" he asks. "I'll call you when I'm going to pick you up."

I nod and he pecks my lips. He gets off my bed, and then jumps as if he saw a ghost. I look towards where he was looking and saw a sleepy ChaeMin standing at my door. My eyes widened.

"Uhhhhhhh..." she says. "You guys didn't do what I think you guys did, right?"

"No." I shout in a whispery tone. She nods.

"I just heard loud whispering and I thought you were talking to yourself, so I came to see if you were okay and I didn't know TaeHyung slept over." she says.

"I'll tell you in the morning." I say. She nods, and walks out back into her room. I lay back down onto my bed.

TaeHyung sits back on the bed, and pecks my cheek. I smile and he gets off.

"I'll call you." he says. I nod my head and I hear him leave the room. I get up and off the bed, following after him. He opens the door and turns around, seeing me there.

"I'm going to lock the door." I say. He chuckles and nods.

"Go to sleep." he says, pecking my lips. I force a small smile out, and he leaves. I lock the door and walk back into my room, jumping on my bed, and falling back asleep.

***

"What happened?" ChaeMin asks me as I'm pouring a bowl of cereal.

"What?" I ask.

"Why was TaeHyung sleeping with you?"

I look over at her and chuckle, shaking my head.

"He told me everything MinKyu and him talked about, and he also said he wasn't going to risk going back to the home. They all thought he was sleeping so he stayed and left early morning." I told her. She just moves her lips and then nods, going towards the fridge.

"What happened between them?" she asks.

"MinKyu thought TaeHyung was hitting on his girlfriend. Or, I guess blames TaeHyung for his girlfriend hitting on him."

ChaeMin chuckles with unbelief. My phone rings and I go to pick it up.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello. May I speak to Park JaeEun?" the lady voice said.

"This is her." I say, leaning against the counter.

"Hello! I'm just calling to tell you that we actually have an opening for you here on campus. It's being a bust boy in a restaurant and the manager is willing to fit your job times in with your schedule. Are you still interested?" the lady asks.

"Yes! Yeah, I'm still interested! Thank you so much!" I tell her.

"Okay. Write down her number so you can call the manager to set up an interview." she says. She tells me the number and I write it down on my hand. I thank her again and hung up. I immediately called the manager.

We set up an interview tomorrow, at around 3pm. I'll finally get a job if she likes me.

"You got a job?" ChaeMin asks me. I shake my head.

"Not yet." I say. "I have to do my interview first."

I look at ChaeMin and she smiles a little, and then shakes her head with a small scoff.

"What?" I said. She chuckles and looks at me.

"Sometimes I'm jealous of you." she says. "I mean, I'm not going to lie, your boyfriend is pretty good-looking. And you're working to help him pay for an apartment, so he can be stable for his sister? And you're going to live with him too? JaeEun, how can I not be jealous?"

I smile a little and roll my eyes. I get a text message and look at the phone.

"Hm, speaking of the devil, he wants me to hang out with him today." I say. ChaeMin laughs and continues making her food.

***

"So where to?" I ask TaeHyung, as we leave ChaeMin's apartment. He stayed quiet as we walked. I walked a little faster, just to get a better look at his face. He was just staring at the floor.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I say, tugging his arm.

"Should I just not have any friends?" he says, looking at me. I stare at him with confusion and then sigh.

"MinKyu?" I ask. He nods.

"I tried to apologize again but he wouldn't even listen to me. I mean I thought we finally were cool with each other but then..." he stops. I look at him and he starts to chuckle and shake his head.

"I just realized our fights were with girls. When I met you, when he met her." he says. I raise an eyebrow and then sigh.

"You know, if he really is your friend, he'll apologize to you." I say. " You apologized already, so if he really is a good friend, he'll realize and apologize to you."

TaeHyung smiles at me and we continue walking.

"Oh, by the way, I have an interview for a job tomorrow." I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's small, I'm just being a bust boy...or girl?" I say. "I hope it's good enough to help you."

"I still can't believe you're getting a job just for me." he says. I smile and he pecks my lips.

"Why wouldn't I? It's for your sister as well." I say.

"I actually found a decent apartment. I could pay for it for a few months with the money I have saved. And there's two rooms. For me and my sister. Well, us and my sister if you still want to live with us." he says. I smile and he smiles back. "That's actually where I wanted to take you today."

I raise an eyebrow and he holds my hand, pulling me somewhere. Minutes later, we end up in a neighborhood filled with apartments. He keeps dragging me until he stops in front of one. He holds his hand out towards the apartment.

"This one! But upstairs." he says. "I'm thinking of buying it in a few weeks. I already spoke to the person and I set up an appointment to look around it. I have the application and paid for the fee."

I look at him and he keeps looking at the apartment.

"And then I'm going to talk to the parents of my sister and the social service people and hope they can help me have custody of my sister." he continues. I hug him from the side and he looks down at me.

"I'll help you okay?" I say. He smiles. "Not with just the rent, but everything. Like getting your sister back. I'll help."

"I love you." he says, giving me a short kiss. I chuckle and pull away. He moves my bangs out of my face, and behind my ears.

"I love you too." I say.

********************

I just want to apologize for the long update for this fanfiction and for this chapter not being that good haha! I was too focused on "Without You" I kind of forgot how this fanfiction went. But I reread it and I hope it still is good enough to read! Thank you guys for being patient with me! And thanks for leaving great feedback to this fanfic!!! I love you guys!!!!