Chapter 28

Army of Two

"Clean the girl's room as well when you finish up with the dishes." my boss tells me. The day was finally over and I'm tired. I was here early morning and I don't know how my boss knew it, but today was actually a busy day.

When I finished up with the dishes, I walked straight to the girl's bathroom and started mopping the floor. I was hired for just being the bust girl, cleaning tables and dishes and such, but apparently the janitor got fired so my boss is making me do the cleaning until a new one is hired.

"Hey, you're with TaeHyung right?" a girl says as I'm mopping up the floor. I stood up straight and turned to her, not noticing her. I just nodded slightly and she scoffs.

She walks up to the sink and washes her hands. I continued mopping and when I looked up at her, I saw her take out her lipstick and she started smudging it all over the wall. I sighed as she looked at me and chuckled. She walked out without saying a word. I shook my head and quickly finished up mopping.

I walked over to the wall and grabbed a bunch of tissues. I soaked it in cold water and started scrubbing at it. My fingers felt burned when I finished, but at least it's spotless now. I walked out the bathroom, finally done.

My boss was waiting outside and thanked me for my hard work. I smiled and quickly took off my uniform. Then I walked out.

I receive a phone call from TaeHyung.

Me: "Hello?"

TaeHyung: "Hey, come over to the apartment real quick."

And then he hangs up. I raise an eyebrow and stare at my phone for a while. Then I put it away and started walking towards the apartment.

***

"You're already moving stuff in?" I ask him outside the apartment. He chuckles and shakes his head.

He opens the door and walks in, taking in the atmosphere. I look around and then look at him, a big smile on his face.

"Then what are we doing here?" I asked. He looks down at me.

"Let's plan what we should move in here. Like what room should be what, or how it should look like." he says. I twitch up the corner of my lip and look around. I then nodded and he grabbed my hand, dragging me to the big room.

"This is our room right?" he asks, looking at me. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. I looked at the room and just nodded. He then dragged me out into the smaller room.

"And SooHyung's." he says. I roll my eyes again and look at him.

"Isn't it obvious?" I say. He scoffs and then chuckles.

"What would she like in her room?" he asks himself, walking into the room more.

"Ask her." I suggested. He looks at me and then back around the room.

"You think I can see her again?" he asks me. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, you can arrange another meet up right? And then you can tell them if they can give back your sister!" I say, a bit excited myself. I know how much this would mean to him. He smiles and then nods his head.

***

"So in two days they're coming here again!" he says to me, hugging me tight. I chuckle and hug him back. "And I told them that I had something important to ask them and they seemed a bit nervous, do you think they know?"

I pulled away and looked at him.

"Know about what?" I asked.

"About me wanting her in my custody?" he asks. I shrugged.

"I mean, you are her brother. But I doubt they know that you're doing these things to get her back. Of course you want her but, they don't know you're trying. It's okay, you'll get her." I tell him. He smiles and hugs me again, pecking the top of my head.

"Let's start moving stuff in right now?" he asks. I raise my eyebrows and look back at him.

"What stuff? The things in ChaeMin's apartment are hers, and you're in foster care." I say. He sighs and looks off at the distance. I look at where he's looking, until I realized that he's only just thinking.

"Oh, by the ways." I start. He looks at me. "At work, I was cleaning the bathrooms, don't ask why, and this girl came up to me asking if I was the one dating you. I told her yeah and she just walked towards the sinks, and smeared her lipstick all over the wall."

His eyes widened.

"It wasn't SoYou, right?" he asks. I shook my head.

"It was a girl I didn't know."

"Describe her." he says.

"Uhm, she had long black hair. Like it was really long. And she's not really pale, she's a bit tanned." I tell him. I can see him thinking. "Oh, she's shorter than me as well. Just by a little."

He shakes his head.

"Not ringing a bell." he says. "Are you working tomorrow?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"I'll stay in there the whole day. And don't worry about my foster home, I told them I'm going to be moving out so they don't really care what I do anymore. I can stay out all night if I wanted to." he says. I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Okay, fine. Just don't distract me." I tell him. He smirks.

"Then I shouldn't go at all." he says.

"Your presence isn't distracting." I told him. He rolls his eyes and holds me closer to him.

"Come on, I'm good-looking." he says. I laugh and he starts pouting. I keep laughing and he leans down and places a kiss on my lips.

I smile and kiss back. He pulls away and looks at me. I chuckle.

"Okay, fine you're good-looking." I say. He smiles and pecks my lips. Then he pulls away from me and intertwines our fingers together. He starts walking.

"Is it okay if I sleep over at your place tonight?" he asks me.

"Ask ChaeMin." I say. He groans and starts walking faster.

"Woah, slow down." I said, but he continues to walk faster.

After a couple of minutes, we arrived at the apartment. I opened the door and he walks in first. ChaeMin was sitting on the couch and she looked at us, startled. I chuckled at her.

"I'm staying over tonight." TaeHyung said in such a kid voice. He goes over to where ChaeMin was and lays down on the floor near the couch. I roll my eyes and walk up to them.

"Uhm, okay. I wasn't going to stop you even if you didn't ask." she says. She looks at me and then winks. I roll my eyes.

"JaeEun told me you guys got the apartment. When are you two planning on officially moving in?" ChaeMin asks. TaeHyung sits up and shrugs, looking at her.

"We don't have any furniture to move in with." I say. ChaeMin stretches out her arms.

"You have some furniture here." she says. I raise an eyebrow. "No, really! Like the bed in your room, you can take that. I don't need it. And there's a lot of extra stuff here I don't need."

"You're serious?" I asked her. She nods her head and smiles widely. TaeHyung stands up and attacks her with a huge hug. I started to laugh.

ChaeMin squealed a little from being startled, but then laughed hugging him back. He pulls away from her and she gets up from the couch.

"I'll leave you two alone here then." she says. "I'm getting sleepy anyways. Goodnight guys."

I watch her walk into her room and I mentally shook my head. I looked over at TaeHyung, who was sitting on the couch, telling me to sit down next to him. I chuckled and sat. He throws his arm around me and cuddles me close to him.

"You know I love you right?" he says. I look at him and he smiles.

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"I don't know. I felt like I haven't told you that enough."

"You don't need to tell me everyday for me to believe it." I tell him. He smiles and kisses me. He leaned in and kissed me quick that I lost balance from sitting and fell laying on my back. I started laughing and he pulls away, looking at me.

"What?" he asks. I shake my head and he leans back down and kisses me again. I chuckle kissing him back. A few minutes later, ChaeMin walks out clearing . We both pulled away quickly and looked at her, me still laying down. She raised an eyebrow and chuckled to herself.

"I walked out my room even telling myself you two were doing something like this, but I didn't actually think you two were doing something like this." she says. We all started to laugh.

"I don't even wanna imagine you two on your own." she says. My eyes widened.

"Yah!" I shouted. She laughed and walked into the kitchen. I sat up, pushing TaeHyung off of me. He laughed as well. I rolled my eyes and he hugged me close to him. ChaeMin walked back out the kitchen.

"Go in your room and watch a film together or something." she says, not looking at us and going straight back into her room. I roll my eyes.

"You know I wanna know if that girl comes back to your work tomorrow." TaeHyung says. I chuckled.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because, I wanna see if I know her or something." he says. I roll my eyes and get up, walking to my room.

"Yah!" he shouts. I ignore him. I hear him get off the couch and running towards me. Before I could even turn around, he hugs me from behind and spins me around. Then he keeps hugging me and lifts me, carrying me into the room.

"You're not leaving my side tonight." he says, dropping me onto my bed. I start laughing as he goes to the other side and lays down next to me. He hugs me from behind again and pulls me close.

"Goodnight." he says.

"TaeHyung the light's on." I said. He groans and lets go of me. He quickly gets up and runs to turn off the lights. Then he runs back and jumps on the bed, hugging me from behind again.

"Okay, goodnight now babe." he says. I chuckle and he kisses the back of my neck, which almost gave me shivers.

"Goodnight." I said.

"I love you." he adds. I smiled to myself.

"I love you too."