Chapter 12

Army of Two
"Wake up sleepyhead." I hear someone say, feeling someone poking my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes. It was TaeHyung. He was smiling and started chuckling when my eyes opened. I groaned and turned my body towards him, but pretended to go back to sleep.
 
I hear him scoff. Then I feel his lips press against mine and pull away. I open my eyes again and he's still smiling.
 
"Morning." He says. I sit up on my bed and he scoots me over, sitting down next to me. I look over to the other side and see his sister still fast asleep. TaeHyung puts his arm around me.
 
"Your mom told me to wake you guys up. She made breakfast." He says. I nod and he gets off the bed, walking over to his sister.
 
I get off the bed and walk to the bathroom, fixing myself up. I didn't comb my hair but i just brushed my teeth and washed my face. When I finished, I walked out and saw TaeHyung and SooHyung out the room.
 
I walked downstairs and saw them already sitting down at the kitchen table.
 
"Go eat." My mom says, walking out the kitchen. I walk over and sit next to TaeHyung who's eating a sandwich.
 
"What time are you leaving?" I ask him. He takes a bite and raises an eyebrow at me.
 
"What?" I ask.
 
"You don't want me to stay?" He asks, pouting while chewing. I roll my eyes and he chuckles. He puckers his lips and I flick it. His sister chuckles.
 
"You're not going to eat?" He asks. I shake my head.
 
"I'm not that hungry. And I was asking because isn't your mom going to be mad?" I ask him. He shrugs and continues eating.
 
"We should go on a date." He says. I look at him. "I mean, I'm going to drop SooHyung off at her friend's house because my mom's going to end up picking her up later."
 
I slightly smiled to myself and then nod.
 
***
 
After walking SooHyung to her friend's house, he holds my hand and walks me somewhere without telling me. After about 2 minutes, we stop in front of a house. He stares at the driveway and then sighs in relief. He squishes my hand a little tighter and pulls me towards the house.
 
"What are you doing?" I ask and he ignores me. He opens the door and walks in the house, closing it after me.
 
"This is my house. My mom's car is gone from the driveway so she's probably out shopping or maybe to pick SooHyung up." He says.
 
"What are we doing here?" I ask.
 
"I'm not going on a date with you dressed in something I slept in." He says, I laugh. I let go of his hand and go to sit on the couch. He walks upstairs to go to his room.
 
I look around his living room and nod at how decent it looks. His house is like mine, not the design or anything, it's not too rich but it's not too poor.
 
A few minutes have passed and I hear someone unlocking the door. My eyes grows wide and I get up from the couch, quickly running upstairs. I don't know which one is TaeHyung's room but I open the first one that I see.
 
I opened it and ran in, quickly turning around as soon as I saw shirtless TaeHyung going through his closet.
 
"JaeEun?" He asks, his footsteps getting louder.
 
"Someone's opening the door." I say, without turning around. I can feel him standing right behind me.
 
"What?" He says, I feel him walking away from behind me so I turn around. He goes up to his window.
 
". She's home." He says. He walks over to me and grabs my hand, taking me to his closet. He opens it and gently drags me in there.
 
"Just, stay here." He says. "She's going to kill me if she finds out I brought my girlfriend over."
 
I nod and he closes the door, walking out his room. I sat down in his closet and my breathing was a bit heavy.
 
"Where's your sister?" I hear his mom say downstairs.
 
"She's still at her friends house. I thought you were going to pick her up." TaeHyung answers.
 
"I did go to pick her up. She wasn't there TaeHyung."
 
"What? Are you sure? Go check again, SooHyung is there." TaeHyung says.
 
"TaeHyung where were you last night?"
 
It was silent.
 
"TaeHyung?" She says. I heard nothing but footsteps coming upstairs. I tried to calm down but I was so nervous. I grabbed TaeHyung's shirts on the floor and tried to cover myself with them. There was a giant plushy in his closet and I brought that closer to me.
 
His room door opens.
 
"Mom, what are you doing?" I hear TaeHyung say.
 
"Why are you getting dressed?" She asks.
 
"Well, you know that girlfriend you found out about. Yeah, I'm going out with her today." He says. My eyes widened and I hugged the plushy tighter, just in case they were to open the closet.
 
"Then let me meet her." His mom says.
 
"What?"
 
"Call her. Tell her to come here."
 
I hear TaeHyung groan and I hear dialing of the phone. I quickly went to grab my phone and put it on silent. He calls and I don't answer.
 
"She's probably busy getting ready, Mom. Can you leave now, I still need to put on a shirt and wash my face." TaeHyung says, I hear the room door close and I sigh in relief.
 
The closet door opens and I see him still shirtless. Not going to lie, he has a nice body.
 
He grabs my hand and helps me get up, laughing at how I covered myself with his clothes. I walk out the closet as he goes over to his room door and locks it. He goes back to his closet and takes a shirt out. He goes to his bed and sits on it. I just watch him.
 
He puts both his arms through the sleeves since he picked out a casual collared shirt. He stops and sits there for a while, then he looks at me and gestures me with his pointer finger to go to him. I did.
 
"Button up my shirt." He says quietly. I raise my eyebrows and he stands up in front of me.
 
"You know like those scenes in the movies?" He says. I chuckled a bit loud and he covers my mouth.
 
"Fine." I say, my mouth still being covered. He removes his hand and smiles at me. I roll my eyes and just start to button his shirt. From the corner of my eye, I see him just looking at me. I felt awkward.
 
I reached the collar and was about to button it until he grabs both my hands and put them down to the side. I look up at him.
 
"No need to button it. It'll feel like I'm choking." He says and I nod. He then smiles and leans down, kissing me. He puts his arms around my waist and my hands are still holding onto his shirt from buttoning it.
 
"TaeHyung?" I say as he continues kissing me. All he says is, huh.
 
"How am I going to leave the house if your mom is here?" I pull away. He looks down at me and then looks at the door. He lets go of me and walks over to it, opening it and peeking his head out.
 
"Mom?" He yells.
 
"What?" She replies back. He sighs in relief and tells me to go to him.
 
"My mom's in her room." He whispers.
 
"I'm leaving now. Okay bye!" He shouts, grabbing my hand and running down the stairs. He opens the door quickly before his mom can shout anything back and we run out.
 
***
 
"Ahh, this is amazing." TaeHyung says, looking up at the sky.
 
We're sitting down at the park on a bench. Before we went to go get ice cream but he already finished his, I still have mine.
 
"What?" I ask.
 
"Spending New Years with you." He says, looking around the park. Good. I feel like I'm blushing. He looks at me and chuckles.
 
"Are you blushing?" He asks. I shake my head and continue eating my ice cream.
 
"Hey, you are." He chuckles, squishing my cheeks. I roll my eyes.
 
There's a bit of silence, but it's not awkward like it would be from when we first met.
 
"You're not dressed nice." He says, I raise an eyebrow at him. "I mean, your did isn't with you guys anymore. You could wear those close that I didn't believe was you at first. You're still dressed as you."
 
"What? You want me to dress pretty?" I ask, feeling a bit sad. He shakes his head.
 
"No. I like you like this. I was just wondering, since now you have the chance." He says. I nod and continue eating my ice cream.
 
"You know MinKyu hates the fact I'm dating you?" He says, looking around the park.
 
"He does?"
 
"Yeah. After I dropped you home after the party, he called me drunk and was ranting about it." He laughs. "He told me that I betrayed him for dating someone he doesn't like. He kept going on about how I could do better or that you were using me for the popularity. But then he said something at the end that he keeps denying now."
 
"What did he say?"
 
"He said that he didn't know why he still likes you." He looks at me with a smile. I choked on my ice cream.
 
"Wait what?" I shout. "You're lying. He hates me. He has the whole class bullying me."
 
TaeHyung laughs and pats my shoulders.
 
"That's what guys do to hide his feelings babe." He says. I scoff.
 
"Well my life is a living hell in that class." I say. He pecks me cheek and I smile.
 
"Don't go liking him now." TaeHyung says, pointing his finger at my face and pouting.
 
"Oh please. I never liked him to begin with."
 
"You didn't like me to begin with." He says. I glare at him and he smiles innocently.
 
"This makes everything awkward now." I say.
 
"This makes it fun for me. I get to show you off to him and piss him off. He's my best friend so he shouldn't hate me for it. Not my fault he bullied you because of it and lost you to me." He says, smiling as if he was talking about winning a trophy for a contest and his friend didn't. I roll my eyes.
 
It stayed quiet for a while. I finished my ice cream and just left the cup sitting on the ground. I started to feel cold and TaeHyung noticed, wrapping his arms around me and bringing me closer to him. I smiled at him.
 
"Thank you." TaeHyung says to me. My face became puzzled looking.
 
"For?"
 
"For understanding me. For being a person that I can go to and talk to. For being there for me, more than MinKyu has ever been. For saying yes. For making me happy and have hope in life." He says. I smile at him and hug him back.
 
"I'm going to help you through this okay?" I say. "I'm going to help you with your mom."
 
"How?" He says, looking down at me.
 
"I heard your mom saying that she wants to meet me. So, let me meet her."
 
"She was just saying that because she had a feeling you were hiding." He replies.
 
"So? Let me meet your mom. You met mine, and my father sadly." I say. He sighs and then nods his head.
 
"Just, don't take it personally if she's a to you." He tells me.
 
"Don't worry. She won't be." I say.