Chapter 27

Army of Two

"Come in early tomorrow. It's going to be a busy day, I have a feeling!" my boss yells at me, as I finish my shift.

"Alright! I will!" I shout back, leaving the building. I've been working for about a week and a half already, and I think my boss is already in love with me. I'm the only employee that doesn't complain to him about my job and I do as I'm told. I just really need the money to help TaeHyung, so why complain?

"Boo!" someone shouts at me, holding both my arms from behind. I scream and turn around, seeing it was TaeHyung. He starts laughing and I hit his chest.

"Sorry! Sorry!" he says, putting his arms around me and pulling me in for a hug. I roll my eyes.

"How was work?" he asks.

"It was okay." I say. "I have to come in early tomorrow. Boss thinks it's going to be a busy shift."

He intertwines our fingers together and starts walking. He started walking pretty quickly, and he seemed excited about something.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked. He stops and looks at me, with a big smile.

"Come with me to check out the apartment. My appointment for it is today." he says, continuing to walk again. I chuckle and roll my eyes, as he drags me.

***

"Wow, this is pretty for an apartment." I say, looking around the place. I let go of TaeHyung's hand and walk around myself. I go straight to the bedrooms.

There was one pretty small one. I thought of SooHyung right away; the size is perfect for her. I walked out of that room and went into the other one. The room was slight bigger than the other one. I'm assuming if we do buy this, this is where we'll be staying. I'm both nervous and excited.

I walked out and see TaeHyung talking to I guess the guy selling this place. I just walk straight into the kitchen area. It was nice, it has everything you need in a kitchen. I think TaeHyung and I can agree that we don't need a good apartment, just anything to get his sister back.

"JaeEun!" TaeHyung shouts. I look over at him and he tells me to go to him. I walk over and he holds my hand, and looks at the man in front of us.

"So, you guys really want this apartment?" he asks us.

I look up at TaeHyung and I can tell that he was waiting for my approval. I smiled and he understood it meant yes. He continued talking to the man about getting the apartment, as I continued looking back around again.

***

"We got it!" TaeHyung shouts, as we walk out the apartment. He started jumping around very excitedly, and I chuckled at how much of a child he looked like.

He ran to me and picked me up, spinning me in a circle.

"I can get my sister back!" he shouts, putting me down. I chuckle and he hugs me. He pulls away and looks at me, his smile slowly fading away. I tilt my head.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. He sighs.

"It's going to be hard. I have to deal with the court and everything." he says. I give him a comforting smile and move his bangs out of his face. He smiles a little.

"It's okay! You'll get her back! I promise you." I tell him. He pecks my nose and intertwines our fingers together. He starts walking off dragging me along with him.

We ended up sitting down at a bench at a park. He kept talking about how hard it'll be trying to get his sister back. He called the foster parents and they were willing to just give her back to him, but they want to come over to see if he was capable of taking care of her. When he finished speaking to her, he got super happy and thanked me for going to live with him. He said that I'm probably the thing that will help get his sister back. If they see that he's not just taking care of her, but also me, maybe we will seem really capable of having her in our custody, or his custody.

"Thank you." he says. I look at him and he grabs my hand. "Really, thank you."

"No need to. I want to help you." I tell him, he smiles and pecks my lips.

"I should drop you home right now. It's almost dark and you have to get up early for tomorrow right?"

"Tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah. You said that you had to go in to work early right?" he says. I nod and he smiles, standing up from the bench. I get up as well and hold his hand. He walks me back to ChaeMin's apartment.

***

"I'm glad for you two!" ChaeMin shouts at me.

"Wait! Wait! You're basically going to be a married couple!" JiHye squeals. It's nice having her over. I chuckled.

"I mean, you two will be living with each other. You said you'll stay in the same room together! And you're going to take care of his sister! It's like if his sister is your guys' daughter! This is so cute!" JiHye continues squealing. I roll my eyes and both ChaeMin and I chuckle at her.

"That is pretty cute." ChaeMin says. "I feel like you two will end up marrying each other in the later future."

"Oh shut up." I say, throwing the pillow on the sofa at her. She dodges it and laughs.

"I'm serious!" she insists. I roll my eyes. "You know it's true."

I chuckle and JiHye gets up, going to the kitchen. I watch her and a few minutes later, she comes out with a bowl of cereal.

"I'm your maid of honor." she says, with a mouth full of cereal.

"Hey! What about me?!" ChaeMin shouts. I start laughing as they both started arguing about who would be my maid of honor if I were to get married.

"I have to go sleep now." I say, getting up. "I have to go into work early tomorrow. See you later JiHye!"

JiHye waves at me as I walk into my room. I lay on my bed and try to fall asleep. I started thinking about how it'd be like to actually be married, in general. It seems nice, having someone you love with you your whole life. I fall asleep, smiling at the thought of it.

***

Sorry again for late updates! I'm preparing for my Senior year in High School (Last Year of school!). I was confused why I never got SR Photo stuff and I was busy doing dance for a New Years party and setting up stuff. I also got very busy with Birthday Parties and Hang outs. I will try to update more quicker! I won't leave you guys hanging for a month, that's for sure! I'm sorry! Hope you liked this chapter!!