Reminiscing

The Heart Remembers

"Sunggyu let's go!' Woohyun yelled from the door.

It brought Sunggyu out of his little day dreaming. Sunggyu quickly wiped his tears and walked toward the door, to Woohyun. Sunggyu just want to go on a hike and yell as loud as he can, letting out alll his frustration. There is way too many pent up frustration in him. 

" Sorry, let's go" Sunggyu said as he finally reached where Woohyun is, holding the door.

" You okay? I had to call you a few times." Woohyun said worried, trying to read Sunggyu's facial expression.

" I'm fine. Just tired." Sunggyu replied. 

Sunggyu closed the door and off they went to work. Sunggyu doesn't know why he is working. He was already leaving. He had to begged for his old job cause he need the money to take care of Woohyun while he was in a coma. Sunggyu should be leaving by now, he needs to or he won't be able to leave later on. 

Sunggyu falter in his steps and walk behind Woohyun, who is animately talking. Sunggyu needs to leave, but looking at Woohyun, who is like a lost puppy, he can't. Woohyun lost his memory, and Sunggyu is the only one he can rely on right now. Right then, Sunggyu had another thought. Woohyun can go back to his family again. The family he lost because he chose Sunggyu, who can't even give him a family. Woohyun went back to the guy who loved girls. He can have a family with kids and a loving wife. Sunggyu just need to find a way to convinced Woohyun of seeing his family, and everything will back into place. The way it was before they met, 4 years ago.

With that thought, Sunggyu sped up and walk beside Woohyun. 

" Let's go or we will be late." Sunggyu said, pulling Woohyun.

Let me be selfish for a few days, and then I will let you go.


 It was a fine day, when Sunggyu suddenly asked Woohyun. They were just being lazy on the couch, watching a show, when they should be studying.

"Let's go out and eat." Sunggyu suggested.

Woohyun turned to look at his bestfriend. 

" Sure. Where do you want to go?" Woohyun asked, grabbing the remote and turning the tv off.

" Anywhere. I just want to get out." 

" All right. Let's go."

They both got up, not needing to change, so they went ahead to the door.

They were just walking around town. Eventhough, Sunggyu said anywhere, there is one place he wants to go for the last time with the guy walking beside him.

" Hey, let's go to the restaurant right there." Sunggyu pointed to a small place.

" That doesn't look that apppealing." Woohyun said, skeptical.

" Well, the ajumma there is a great, and you love eating there." Was Sunggyu's reply.

" Well then I guess we better go in there and find out what kind of taste bud did old Woohyun have" Woohyun said, walking toward the restaurant.

When they got in the store, Woohyun looked around the cozy place. It looks better inside than it did outside. Sunggyu went to their usual as soon as they got in and sit in his usual place. Woohyun just followed Sunggyu and sat in front of him. An old lady came, and start smiling wide towards them.

" Omo, Sunggyu and Woohyun. It has been a while since I've last seen you. " The ajumma said.

" Sorry ahjumma, we got busy with school and work. " Sunggyu answered with as much enthusiastic as the lady.

" I thought you guys forgot about this place already. Woohyun, honey, are you okay? You are quiet." The ahjumma said looking at Woohyun.

" He is not well. He recovered not long ago." Sunggyu answered for Woohyun.

" Oh no! Don't worry ahjumma will make your favorite for you." With that, the ahjumma disappear behind the curtains.

" What just happened?" Woohyun asked Sunggyu, leaning closer to Sunggyu.

" That's how she is. You are her baby, and she loved you. We used to be a frequent here, so she knows what we like and don't like." Sunggyu explained, giggling. 

Woohyun just stared at Sunggyu. It was the most beautiful thing to him. Sunggyu looked relaxed and happy. Woohyun suddenly got the feeling of dejavu. He is sure this has happened before. As Woohyun keep thinking about it, trying to dig deeper into his memory, his head started hurting. His head was hurting, but a memory showed up.

It was him and Sunggyu on a bed. Sunggyu was laying on top of him, on his chest, drawing circles. He heard himself asking if Sunggyu was happy with him. Sunggyu was giggling while putting his head up to look at him. Sunggyu said, " You are my only happiness."

Then the memory just stopped, and Woohyun raised his heaad to look at Sunggyu. He saw Sunggyu's worried face, calling his name, grabbing his arm.

" What happened? Are you okay, Woohyun?" Sunggyu asked.

" It's nothing. Just a small headache." Woohyun said sitting up straight.

The ahjumma came in at that time with 2 bibimbap. She set them in front of Sunggyu and Woohyun.

" Here are your favorite. Enjoy! I have a few things to do, so I can't talk with you guys. I hope you get better, Woohyun." The ahjumma said as she left.

" Bibimbap?" Woohyun asked. He doesn't know if bibimbao is his taste.

" You will love it." Sunggyu said grinning, digging in.

Woohyun with no other choice, digged in too. They both stirred the food, and as soon as Woohyun take the first bite, it feels familiar. Somehow it brought tears to Woohyun. Sunggyu noticed it, but he didn't say anything, pretending not to notice. Woohyun don't know why, but his tears just won't stop falling. Woohyun wiped his tears as he eat the bibimbap. Eating as much as he can.


" What else do you want to do today?" Woohyun asked as they stepped out of the restaurant. They had to assure the ahjumma that they will come back and eat again someday.

" Anywhere you want to go." Was Sunggyu's reply, looking at Woohyun.

" Alight, don't complain then." Woohyun said, walking towards who knows where. He is just going where he feels like.

After 10 minutes of walking, Woohyun stopped at a soccer field.

" Woohyun~" Whine Sunggyu. He hated to exercise, while Woohyun love playing soccer. Sunggyu stopped and thought for a moment. Woohyun haven't changed, maybe he will regain his memory soon. Sunggyu was scared. If Woohyun regained his memory, then he won't be able to leave. He can't be the reason his lover is sad and regretting his decision for the rest of his life.

Woohyun always used to come to this soccer field after a meal at their favorite restaurant. He always had to pull Sunggyu with him, because Sunggyu need the exercise. Being a waiter isn't enough exercise for a person.

Woohyun went to the field and run, leaving Sunggyu to just stare at his back. There were some people on the field having a match, and somehow, Woohyun was able to join right in. Sunggyu just sat on the grass, watching Woohyun being carefree and happy. He love the sight. If he was more selfish, he wouldn't have left. He would have stayed behind, even if Woohyun was suffering. Sunggyu chuckle bitterly, I love him too much to keep on watching him suffer. He is suffering because his family didn't want him. The family that was so loving to him. The mom who always pamper him, the dad who always did the best for him, and the brother who is like his bestfriend. He missed them, and he needs them more than he needs me.