Her...

The Heart Remembers

It was the next day after their outing. Woohyun enjoyed their outing, so today, he is on high spirit. He was at work, but it didn't bother him. 

" Hey Woohyun." 

Woohyun turned around and saw the new girl, whose name  he forgot.

" Oh hi. What can I get for you?" Woohyun said all polite. This girl was cute and pretty. Woohyun is drawn to her in a way, so he guessed these kind of girls are his type.

" What's wrong? You are acting like you don't know me." The girl said pouting a little. Woohyun thought that was super cute.

" I'm sorry. I'm not the best at learning names. Do you mind telling me again pretty?" Woohyun said leaning toward her, smiling softly.

" Well, I'm Seojin." 

" Well Seojin, what can I get for you?"

" An ice tea." Seojin said, taking out her walllet.

" A pretty girl like you don't need to pay." Woohyun said paying for her. " If you would find a seat and I would bring your tea to you."

The girl left, and Woohyun turned to Sunggyu who was making coffee for other customers.

" Gyu, she is so cute. Do you think I should ask her out?" Woohyun said excitely while making the tea.

" Aren't you basically doing that already?" Sunggyu said, not turning to Woohyun but focusing on the coffee that he is making.

" I haven't yet oficially." Woohyun argued. " I'm going to see if she will agree on a date with me." Then Woohyun left to go to the table of the girl.

Sunggyu tighten his hold on the handle of the coffee. This is good. It will be easier for me to leave, knowing he is in good hands. You can't be sad. This is what you wanted, hoped for. If Woohyun went back home with the girl, his family will accept him. They will be a whole, happy family again.


" She agreed!" Woohyun came back and said excitedly. " We are going on a date tomorrow." 

Sunggyu just humed and act like he doesn't care.

" Are you okay? Sorry I left you alone to work on all the orders by yourself. I will make up for it by buying you dinner." Woohyun said

Woohyun went back to clean the tables. Sunggyu just sigh and hold back the tears threatning to come out. He chosed this, he should be happy, and he can't be like this.


" Let's go! I'm treating you!" Woohyun said excitedly.

Sunggyu just chuckled as Woohyun pulled him out of the cafe. Sunggyu had barely taken off his apron when Woohyun dragged him out.

" What should we eat today? You worked too hard, so I should get you something to energize you." Woohyun said taking ahold of Sunggyu's hand and swinging it.

Sunggyu just stare at their joined hands, and he look back up at Woohyun's smiling face. The fluttering just won't stop. He can't handle this because that's like falling in love for the second time. Sunggyu can't say that because he had never fell out of love with Woohyun, he has just kind of been supressing it.

" Should we go eat some steak?" Woohyun turned to look at Sunggyu, still smiling that a thousand dollars worth of smile.

" That's too expensive." Sunggyu whined. They are just part timer, though they still have some savings left. Sunggyu used up almost all of their savings for hospital bills, so they need to save again.

" Don't worry. This is a happy occasion. I have successfully gotten a date with the cutest girl every, so we need to celebrate." Woohyun said, finally spotting a restaurant.

They both head inside and took a seat, waiting on their waiter.

" Are you okay? You have been zoning out a few times already today." Woohyun asked worried.

" I'm fine. Just tired from today." Sunggyu said from his seat opposite of Woohyun.

" Don't worry. After this dinner, you will be energize." Woohyun apologized.

" It's fine. I guess I just needed sleep." Sunggyu dismissed Woohyun.

After ordering, they didn't have to wait for long for their food to arrived. They both made small conversations with Woohyun trying to learn more about himself. The topic of parents never coming up. Everytime Woohyun was about to bring the word parents, somehow he isn't able to. He thinks it's due to maybe his family passing away, and it was a sticky subject.

Sunggyu knows he has to do something sooner or later. He has got to. Woohyun is vulnerable right now. Though for the few weeks after waking up, he turned into some sort of a casanova again, he was still the soft woohyun. Sunggyu remebered how hurt he was to find out Woohyun slept around with some girls after getting out of the hospital. Sunggyu doesn't know why but Woohyun stopped doing that. Maybe it's due to Woohyun finding his ideal girl. Sunggyu left it at that. He can't continue his thoughts. He is just hurting himself. It's best not to think.

Woohyun take a closer look at Sunggyu. Sunggyu keep on zoning out, and Woohyun took the time to study his face. Sunggyu was cute. If he was a girl, Woohyun imagine himself falling in love with him. That would be nice. Sunggyu can cook, he is a neat freak, has mother instinct, and he is cute. Woohyun could imagine what his life will be like if he married Sunggyu. The closer Woohyun look at Sunggyu, the more headache he hot. A memory just flashed in front of his eyes. It was of him and Sunggyu. They were laying down somewhere on a rooftop. Woohyun sees himself turning to look at Sunggyu, who is smiling. Woohyun thought he saw an angel. The sun was shining on Sunggyu, giving him a glow, and he was smiling so softly. His expression just screams love. Sunggyu was saying something, but Woohyun can't hear it.

"Woohyun? Are you okay?" Sunggyu asked, worried written across his face.

" What?" Woohyun whispered. He is frustrated. He has a feeling that Sunggyu is saying something important in the memory, but he can't hear anything. It was so frustrating.

" Are you okay?" Sunggyu asked again, panicking by now.

" What? I'm okay. Just a little bit of headache." Woohyun said finally relizing where they are and what they are doing.

Woohyun decided he is going to get to the bottom of this himself. There is something that Sunggyu isn't telling him. Why is he having these feeling. Did he really used to have feelings for Sunggyu. It seems like Sunggyu didn't return his feelings because of his indiference.

Woohyun need to get to the bottom of this. This feeling that he is having, he doesn't like it. The frustration, the anger, and something else that he can't quite figure out.