Action

The Heart Remembers

Sunggyu opened the door to their apartment, Woohyun just behind him. They just got back from their work, and they were both exhausted. Woohyun have been wondering about certain things. Why are him and Sunggyu always stuck to the hip, even their work schedule. In university, they have completely different major, yet he managed to have 2 classes with Sunggyu. It wasn't even a requirement for Woohyun.

As soon as they got in, Sunggyu went inside the room, while Woohyun took his time. Sunggyu came out a few moment later, heading to the kitchen. Woohyun, being curious, followed Sunggyu, and saw him taking ingredients out.

" You are cooking?" Woohyun asked confused.

" Yeah, we should eat before sleeping." Sunggyu said, boiling water and start chopping some of the veggies.

" But you are tired."

" It's not good to sleep on an empty stomach. You always get stomachache when you don't eat, and I know you haven't eat much today." Was Sunggyu's simple answer.

This.. this is the kind of life Woohyun wants. Someone who is there for him, cook for him, thinking of him. Now Woohyun was seriously considering making Sunggyu his wife. If only Sunggyu was a girl and actually like him back.

" I'll go change." With that Woohyun left.

Maybe he is ually frustrated. He hasn't been with anyone intimately in a while. Maybe that's why he is even thinking of Sunggyu like that.

" Dinner's ready" Came a yell from Sunggyu.

Woohyun didn't even notice that he has been thinking for too long. He quickly got changed and went to the kitchen. The food on the table was simple. Some grilled meat, and some fry eggs mixed with vegetables. They didn't talk at all and just ate. Eventhough there was silence with the occasional noise of clanking, it was comfortable. Woohyun really like it. Woohyun keeps getting this fluttering in his stomach whenever he is beside Sunggyu. Though it was there before, Woohyun always dismissed it. Now, it's getting stronger. Woohyun don't know if he can dismiss them anymore. Woohyun don't know if he even wants to. 

Woohyun didn't even feel like this with who he thought is his dream girl. Why? Why is it with Sunggyu only? Why can't he feels the same for Seojin? Why did he have to lose his memory? Why is his life so conplicated?

" Are you okay?" Sunggyu asked Woohyun, seeing his distressed face.

" Nothing. It's just I have a lot on my mind."

Sunggyu didn't pry after that. He don't know if he will like the answer if he did. It's only been a week since Woohyun had know the girl, but he is already smitten. Even daydreaming about her.


Sunggyu woke up the next morning tired, because he didn't have enough sleep. No... it didn't even count as a sleep. He couldn't sleep. Today he has to meet Woohyun's mom. The woman who can't stand him, because Sunggyu was the one who took Woohyun away from her, the one who made Woohyun fallout with his family, and the reason why Woohyun is living as a lower class. That wasn't all. Woohyun worries him. Woohyun keep on zoning out. Sunggyu wants Woohyun to talk to him, but he doesn't want to push Woohyun either. That is something Sunggyu promised he won't do.

Sunggyu went to the kitchen to make breakfast for Woohyun and him. That was something Sunggyu did every morning before the accident. Even though Woohyun is the better cook, Sunggyu somehow took that role because Woohyun can't simply wake up early to cook. Sunggyu want to go back to their old routine for the last time.

Woohyun was shaken awake by Sunggyu. The curtains were pulled to one side, letting the sunlight shine in their shared bedroom. Woohyun opened his eyes slowly, and right there and then, Woohyun thought he saw an angel. Sunggyu looks ethereal. Woohyun don't know what came over him, but he pulled Sunggyu down, and switched their position. Sunggyu look so cute with his surprised face. Woohyun was surprised with himself too. Why did he do that? Woohyun not knowing how to continue, tickle Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu's giggle and Woohyun's laugh filled the bedroom. Woohyun thought that was the cutest things ever. 

" Why *tickle* did *tickle* wake *tickle* me *tickle* up? *tickle" Woohyun asked.

" Woohyun * giggles* stop. I'm ticklish. I made you breakfast." Sunggyu let out while giggling.

" Alright! I will be out in a few minutes." And Sunggyu was let go, who run out of the bedroom door.

Woohyun let out a sigh, but he can't stop the smile breaking out of him. Sunggyu was just out of this world. Woohyun was just really happy with him.

The breakfast that they had was amazing. Woohyun is not sure if it is due to the atmosphere or Sunggyu's cooking has improved since last night. It was an omelete, but it taste amazing.

They both left the apartment together to Sunggyu's surprise. He thought Woohyun would leave as soon as he is done with breakfast to get Seojin, but Woohyun stayed. He even helped with cleaning. Sunggyu would ask why Woohyun didn't fetch the girl, but he wants to be oblivious. Think that it's cause Woohyun wants to spend time with him. 

The day was passing by too quickly. It is true when they say that when you are doing something you enjoy, time pass by quicker. Not just today, but their life in general. It's been more than 4 years now since they met each other. They were friends for a while, but they were together for longer. Sunggyu thought back to those days, when Woohyun was still courting him. How much time has passed. It felt just like yesterday. Those times when Woohyun brought him flowers, stay after school to just stare at him. They pass by too quickly.


Sunggyu dread going into the restaurant. He doesn't want to listen to her insult, but he has to meet her. Sunggyu opened the door to the restaurant slowly. He went in and told the lady behind the register Woohyun's mom's name. The lady led her to the inside of the restaurant, and opened a door to one of the VIP rooms.

Sunggyu slowly went inside and sit in front of the lady. She hasn't changed at all. Well it hasn't been that long since he last seen her. Just a little over 5 months. 

" Say what you need to say quickly and leave. It's enough that I had to look at your face, I still have to hear you talk." Mrs.Nam's words were poisonous.

" It's about Woohyun. He got into an accident a few months back.." 

Mrs.Nam was seathing. Sunggyu told her this yesterday but hearing it again just brings out the madness in her.

" You incompetent brat. You dare take Woohyun away from us and wasn't even able to take care of him? As expected from a , who is just after money." 

Sunggyu just kept his head down. No matter how many times he heard that, he still couldn't get used to it.

" He was in a coma for a while. When he regain his consciousness, he couldn't remember anything, not even me."

Sunggyu slowly got his head up and watch the smile that adorned Mrs.Nam's face.

" I didn't tell him about us. I know he missed you guys, and I can't take that away from him. I'm called you because I'm about to leave, so if you want your son back, he will come back with you with no resistent." By the end, Sunggyu was shaking.

" At least you did something right." With that Mrs.Nam left.

Sunggyu wasn't sure what she will do now. Probably go back and talk to Mr.Nam. They will probably knock on their door in a few days. Sunggyu just sigh. He is doing the right thing. He already had his happiness. He needs to let go.


Woohyun was waiting for Sunggyu to get him. He is going through with his plan tonight. No lecture tomorrow and work doesn't start till 2 PM. He had lunch with Seojin and after taking her home, Woohyun went to the convenient store, and bought alcohol.

It was 8 PM, and no sign of Sunggyu. Woohyun was getting worried. Sunggyu didn't tell him where he was going and he can't get a hold of Sunggyu either.

When Sunggyu finally came in through the door, it was 8:45 PM.

Woohyun went to welcome Sunggyu and could see the sadness, turmoil, and something else.

" What happened? You okay?" Came Woohyun's worried voice.

" I'm fine. Just tired."

Sunggyu took a seat on the couch, and Woohyun took a seat next to him.

" Want to tell me what is going on?"

" It's nothing. You shouldn't worry about it." Sunggyu turn to Woohyun and gave him a weak smile.

" You seem like you need to let off some steam. Go change and come out again. Let's drink tonight. We need to let off some steam." With that, Woohyun walked to the kitchen. He needs to get things out.

Sunggyu thought that was the best thing too. He is depressed, and a drink is what he need. With a sigh, Sunggyu got up and went into the bedroom to change.

By the time Sunggyu got out of the room, Woohyun already had a bottle open and drinking. There were lots and lots of alcohol on the table along with some chips.

" That's a lot."

" Well, we need to get wasted and forget everything."

" Are you okay? It's not going well with Seojin?" Sunggyu asked as he sat down beside Woohyun.

" No it's going well. I'm just stressed because of classes and this amnesia in general." Woohyun took a small sip.

" What about your amnesia is bothering you?" Sunggyu took a big gulp, like Woohyun said he needs to forget everything. That might be difficult.

" I feel like I had strong feelings for a person, but I don't know who. This feeling is so intense. Say Sunggyu, do you have a sister?" 

" An older sister." * Big gulp* by Sunggyu.

" Did I date her before? Maybe that's who I love..." Woohyun put his alcohol down.

" What? No.. She is 11 years older than us, and you only met her a few times." * Big gulps*

" Then why is it everytime I'm beside you, I can't think straight, I have this weird feelings in me, and I can't seem to be thinking about anything else?" Woohyun took a deep breath and turn to look at Sunggyu. Sunggyu was already drunk by the look of it. Woohyun chuckle, it seems Sunggyu can't hold his alcohol well.

" That's normal." Came Sunggyu's reply.

" Why is it normal?"

" Shh, I'm not supposed to say anything. They will come after me." Sunggyu said giggling. " I don't even know who suffers more. Me being called a and , or you who is missing his family's warmth."

" Who called you that?" Woohyun was angry. Why would anyone do that? Who could be so cruel? Sunggyu is an angel.

" Who else other than them." Sunggyu said mad. Why won't they accept? Their life would have been complete. Why is life so cruel to Sunggyu?

" Who is them?" Now Woohyun was curious.

" They said they care about you, but if they did, they wouldn't have opposed us. They would accept us because we were happy. My parents were happy for us because you made me happy, why can't they be the same? They have to be so complicated and mean." Then there was a pout from Sunggyu.

Woohyun was mesmerized. Sunggyu's cheeks were red from being intoxicated, and when did his lips looks that mesmerizing. Woohyun was confused from all these blabbers of Sunggyu. Who is after Sunggyu? Why would they be after him? Why can't Sunggyu say who they are?

"I was so happy. The happiest I have been, but life is cruel. It doesn't want me to be happy. Why do you get to forget, and I don't? I should be the one to forget. I don't want to remember anything." Sunggyu said turning to Woohyun.

" But I look at you and thought back to all the things we did, and I don't want to forget. Don't forget all the happiness I once felt. I want to remember those moments. You make me happy." And there was that charming smile again.

Woohyun doesn't know what is happening. Next thing he knew was his lips are already on Sunggyu. It was the sweetest taste ever though Woohyun can still taste the alcohol on them. It was still so ing sweet. Why? Woohyun is sure Sunggyu hadn't eatten anything sweet. He watched him drink alcohol which shouldn't taste this sweet. Woohyun just keep nibbing on Sunggyu's lips. Sunggyu was motion less, and Woohyun is a little frustrated by that. Woohyun don't know why he is feeling like this. He needs more answer. Eventhough Sunggyu is drunk and is actually spilling stuff, they are all in jumbo. Woohyun can't crack what Sunggyu is trying to say.