A Normal Day

The Heart Remembers

It was Saturday morning, and it was a lazy day for Sunggyu. It was his thing. He wake up in the afternoon, then go to work. Of course after he live with Woohyun, it changed a bit. Woohyun was already awake by the time Sunggyu did. Woohyun was on the couch, watching a show, as Sunggyu took a seat beside him. 

"Morning." Said Sunggyu.

" Good morning. I didn't know you are such a sleepyhead." Woohyun replied, amused.

" Give me a break, it's my lazy day." Sunggyu whined.

" I don't mind. Any plans for today?"

" Work?" Sunggyu answered, not really sure what Woohyun wants.

" How boring is your life, no wonder you were excited for the party." 

" You're the one who never let me go out." Sunggyu whined, not even realizing what he said.

" What do you mean?" Woohyun asked, confused. " Why didn't I let you go out?"

" Uh, it was because you yourself hated going out, so you want me to stay with you indoor to keep you company." Sunggyu was looking everywhere, but Woohyun.

Woohyun wasn't convinced at all, but he decided to drop it. He haven't had a talk about the life that he had forgotten about, but he could tell Sunggyu wouldn't want to share about it. 

" I'm hungry." Woohyun changed the subject.

" Do you want to go out and eat?" Sunggyu asked, silently glad that Woohyun didn't ask him any questions further.

" No, how about you just make some food for me?" Woohyun mischeviously asked.

" So demanding. And that's your job." Sunggyu whined.

" What do you mean?"

" You are the one who always cook. You said your dream was becoming a famous chef, with his own restaurant. Eventhough the classes you are attending now are the basics, your career plan is on nutrition." Sunggyu said, with an adoring smile on him.

At that moment, Woohyun was so intrigued. This man in front of him is beautiful. Woohyun realized something at that moment. Did I used to love this man? It sure does seem like I had a special feeling for this man in front of me. Did I confessed to him, or was it an unrequite love?

" Woohyun?" Sunggyu called, noticing that Woohyun was in a dazed.

" Oh yeah. I guess I need to read those books on the shelves then." Woohyun said getting up. "You are still cooking though."

" FIne." Sunggyu said getting up and heading to the kitchen.

Woohyu needs to know if he did confess or not.


Woohyun have all these questions in his head, but he just didn't know how to say them out loud. Work was as boring as usual. It was a long day for Sunggyu and Woohyun, Sunggyu especially because he needs more sleep.

" Sunggyu, let's go." Woohyun said as he turn to look at Sunggyu, who was saying his goodbyes to the manager of the store.

" Okay." Sunggyu unconsciously took Woohyun's hand and pull it as they walk out the store.

Woohyun was surprised by this, but the feeling he get was warm. He liked it because there is a familiar feeling. This just bugs Woohyun more.

The ride back to the apartment was silent. Woohyun was confused of hs own feelings, and Sunggyu was mentally cursing himself for holding Woohyun's hand. Sunggyu know he shouldn't have done things like that. If it were before, he won't have to, but now everything is complicated. 

" Do you want me to cook something for you?" Ask Sunggyu as soon as they got in the aparrtment.

" Are you hungry too?" Woohyun answered with a question as he took a seat on the couch.

" Yeah, kinda. Go change Woohyun." Sunggyu nagged.

Woohyun laughed and went to the room to change.

" Aren't you going to change too?!" Yelled Woohyun from the room.

" In a bit." Said Sunggyu as he started preparing dinner with leftover foods.

Sunggyu and Woohyun start eating in silence after Sunggyu changed. Sunggyu was thinking of making small pep talks, but there is nothing to talk about as they just basically spent the whole day together.

" Sunggyu?" Woohyun said.

" Oh I'm sorry. What were you asking me about?" Sunggyu asked, snapping out of his trance.

" We need to talk about some stuff."

" What do you want to talk about?" Sunggyu asked, already feeling nervous.