Plan

The Heart Remembers

Woohyun came up with a plan. Sunggyu is the one who should know what goes down between them. He could have asked their other friends, but somehow, they just disappear. He rarely see them, and Woohyun isn't sure they won't tell Sunggyu that he has been asking questions. Also Doojoon seems to disappear. Not that Woohyun cared about him, but Sunggyu seems to. Bringing Doojoon in on some of the short conversation they have with their other friends. None of them look that happy to be talking about Doojoon, and Woohyun wasn't either, but Sunggyu didn't seem to catch the looks their friends are sharing.

The plan that Woohyun came up with is simple. He get Sunggyu drunk. Drunk people speaks the truth, and Woohyun will finally be able to find out what he wants to know.

Woohyun even almost forgot about his date today due to all the planning he did. Luckily he exchanged numbers with Seojin, who reminded him.

Woohyun arrived to a cafe 10 minutes earlier than their promised time. Girls like it when a guy is on time for their date.  It will impress her and she will hopefully agree to a second date according to Woohyun. When Woohyun was about to leave for his date, he didn't see Sunggyu at their place, and that worries woohyun a little. Sunggyu should be there, happy for him, while sending him off. It's unsettling for Woohyun.

Woohyun was still deep in his thoughts when Seojin came in and took a seat in front of him.

" Woohyun?" Seojin called softly.

" Huh? Oh you are here?" Woohyun asked, smiling sheeply

" Yeah for a while now. I keep calling you, but you were zoning out." Seojin said pouting a little.

" Oh, I'm sorry. Just have a lot on my mind right now."

" Would you like to reschedule?"

" What? No! I'm sorry. I won't zone out anymore." Woohyun said panicking. He thought he just blew his chance.

Luckily Seojin accepted it, and they went on their date. During their date, Woohyun can't help but think that Seojin is the perfect girl for him. She is smart, great sense of humor, a kind heart, and she is beautiful and cute. Woohyun decided if he let her go, he will regret it forever. That sentence... Woohyun felt a deja vu. He had said that about someone before. He can just feel it. If he had said it before, where is that person now? Why isn't she with him right now? Woohyun know himself that he wouldn't have let her go, if he knows himself well. Woohyun isn't the type to give up.

Now Woohyun really need to start that plan as soon as possible. He needs to find out. He wants to go forward with Seojin, but this unknow person is still in his mind. This feeling didn't happen when he slept around before, so why is it showing up now? Maybe he is starting to regain his memory, but he only had a flash of memory appear to him twice. They were both of Sunggyu, in a way. Woohyun is so confused.


Woohyun opened the door to the apartment, seeing Sunggyu on the couch, watching tv. Woohyun closed the door slowly, took off his shoes, and walk toward the couch. He immediately sit real close to Sunggyu. He just felt like he needed it. This feeling, sitting beside Sunggyu and even though they are not talking, was the best feeling. Woohyun like this feeling. This familiar feeling, but that's common. They are bestfriend and roomate. They would have done this on a regular basis.

" How was your date?" Came Sunggyu's weak voice. It was so soft, Woohyun could barely catch it.

" It was great. She was great." Woohyun said, somewhat not wanting to elaborating on it.

" You don't sound so happy about it." Sunggyu said, stating the obvious.

" It's not her, but me. It's just..." Woohyun don't know what either. He should be happy. He is happy in a way. Just something is nagging at him, and he don't know what.

" We had lunch together and went to different places. I want to ask you something?" Woohyun said turning to look at Sungyu.

" What is it?" Sunggyu didn't turn away from the tv.

Though Woohyun wants Sunggyu to look at him, he didn't push him.

" Was I in a relationship before my accident? Like a recent one?" 

Sunggyu turned to look at Woohyun, with his eyes opened wide. He was surprised. Did Woohyun remember? How much did he remember? Sunggyu can't have that. Woohyun needs to move on.

" ...... No, unless you are dating someone in secret. You weren't dating anyone." Sunggyu turned to look at the tv again. He needs to calm down. Woohyun can't find out.

Woohyun didn't believe Sunggyu. That surprised look, it says more. Sunggyu knew something, but Sunggyu won't tell him. It's all the more reason for Woohyun to set his plan in action. Woohyun needs to find out.

" Never mind then, I'm going to bed. It was tiring. We go around a lot so." Woohyun said getting up and leaving Sunggyu on the couch, by himself.

If Woohyun had look a little closer, he would have seen the single tear falling down from Sunggyu's eyes. Woohyun can't be blamed though, the only source of light was the tv, which wasn't a lot considering it's a dark movie. Woohyun is ready to move on. Sunggyu knows what Woohyun is doing. Woohyun wants to move on, so he is trying to tie loosed end. Even though they are of his past memory, it is still on the way of Woohyun moving on with Seojin. Sunggyu knows Woohyun way too well to not know what is going on inside his head. Sunggyu knows Woohyun more that he knows himself. It was vice versa, but that's not the case now. 

Sunggyu needs to set his plan as soon as possible. He can't watch Woohyun with someone else. He needs to make that phone call. He will do that, tomorrow. He can't delay it anymore.

Sunggyu had hoped that morning won't come, but it did. He has to make the phone call in the afternoon after his classes. Woohyun was gone. He said he is taking Seojin to the university, She will love it and considered me as a potential partner. Those were Woohyun's word. Though they have the first class together, Woohyun isn't with Sunggyu as he usually is. Sunggyu is just walking by himself, when Doojoon came and walk with him.

" Sunggyu! I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?" Doojoon was smiling that handsome smile.

" I'm fine. I had been really busy. How are you?" Sunggyu turned to look up at Doojoon.

" Well I'm fine. Hey, are you free this weekend? I have 2 tickets to this movie, and I don't know who to go with." Real smooth Doojoon thought to himself.

" Doojoon, I.." Sunggyu was not sure.

" Will you?" Doojoon looked liked a kicked puppy. Sunggyu can't say no to that. Believe it or not, Sunggyu is weak for Doojoon. If he wasn't so in love with Woohyun, Sunggyu would have gone out with Doojoon, when he first asked him. Doojoon was a year too late. Now Sunggyu just think of Doojoon as an older brother, a soulmate of some sort.

" Alright." Sunggyu finally agreed. The smile it brought to Doojoon was what really mattered.

Sunggyu knows why his friends didn't like Doojoon. It's not that Doojoon is a bad guy, but Woohyun was paranoid and possessive, so he often get in a fight or argue with Doojoon. Naturally, their friends will side with Woohyun.

Woohyun remembered the Woohyun before. Woohyun wouldn't even let Sunggyu go to parties, eventhough they will be together. Woohyun was arguing with most people because they will look at Sunggyu in a certain way. Sunggyu didn't mind. He loved Woohyun too much. Sunggyu is lazy in general, so he doesn't mind not going out and having fun outside.

Doojoon left as soon as they got to Sunggyu's class since he had to run to his class too. Sunggyu was left staring at the retreating back of Doojoon. Sunggyu honestly don't know what to do. Doojoon is nice, and Sungyu knows where he is going at. It was a done deal between Sunggyu and Woohyun, so Doojoon is taking his chance. Sunggyu doesn't want to lead Doojoon on, but he can't be mean to Doojoon either. The guy has helped him too much.

" Why are you just standing there?" Woohyun asked as he made his way toward Sunggyu, haven just gotten there after taking Seojin to her class.

As expected Seojin loved it, and she even gave a shy smile and kiss to the cheek. Woohyun thought that was super cute and pure. They are in a university, and they are of age, so how can she still be so innocent. Woohyun doesn't mind though, instead he loves it. 

" Oh nothing. Let's go inside." And thus Sunggyu went in and to his seat with Woohyun trailing behind him.


It was the end of thei last class, and Woohyun had bolted out of the room as soon as the class was dismissed. He was going to take Seojin to lunch. Sunggyu was just left in the class, putting his materials in his backpack. He let out a sigh. He didn't mind that Woohyun left him, he convinced himself. He had something to do, and Woohyun can't be by his side for that.

Sunggyu left the classroom too and he decided to go home. It was the best place to do this, because he needs the privacy.

It didn't take long for Sunggyu to reach home. Upon reaching home, he took out his book with scribbles of numbers. He isn't even sure they will pick up. They are busy people.

When the call was finally picked up, it was the voice of an older woman. She has a soft spoken voice.

" Hello." 

" Mrs. Nam, this is Sunggyu. I know we haven't talked in a while, but would you be able to meet me?" Sunggyu said, his voice shaky. Woohyun's mom has a softer personality. Although she was against their relationship, she was still rational, and Woohyun being her favorite also helped.

" I don't think we have anything to talk about." Her voice was rough, showing that she was mad.

" Please it's about Woohyun. He got into an accident a few months back. I will like to tell you in details." 

With panic in her voice, " What happened! Is he okay? This is why I told him to leave you. All you bring to this family is bad luck."

" He is fine, but there is something else I need to talk to you about."

" Fine. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll text you the other details. I tired of hearing your voice." 

With that the line went dead. Sunggyu took the phone off his ear as he let out tears after tears. They won't change, and they are making Woohyun suffer. He can't see Woohyun suffering.

Eventhough Sunggyu dread seeing the woman again, he has to for Woohyun's sake. Especially now that Woohyun has amnesia. He needs his family. He doesn't need a 'bestfriend' by his side. Woohyun will be fine. He will have his family by his side and a girl of his dream by his side.

It brought Sunggyu back to their high school days. It was before they got together. The were friends, Sunggyu and Woohyun. They used to talk a lot, and they ask random questions. Somehow they got into the topic of girlfriends. That day was the day Sunggyu found out what kind of girl Woohyun liked. Smart, pretty, funny, and able to cook. Though Woohyun was able to cook and is great at it, he still want his partner to be a great cook. That was also the day Woohyun found out that Sunggyu doesn't have a preference. He just want someone who is true to him, loves him, and is able to be with him. Sunggyu doesn't even reveal what gender he want. He doesn't care as long as they love him. Sunggyu grew up in a loving family, and he wants that for himself too. With a loving partner who will be with him through thick and thin, who will fight for him.

In a way, Sunggyu was already satisfied. He has met his dream partner. Woohyun loved him, fought for him, and stayed by his side. All he did before was give Sunggyu the life that Sunggyu wants, while Woohyun was suffering from depression due to his family not being in contact with him.

Sunggyu can't have that.

He loves him too much that Sunggyu is able to let go of his dream partner, lover ,and bestfriend( in a way).