The story

The Heart Remembers

" Were we an item before?" Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu was surprised by this. Why is Woohyun asking him? Did someone say anything to him?

" What makes you ask that? Did anyone say anything to you?" Sunggyu ask nervously.

" No, I just have this feeling. I like being close to you, holding you at night, and seeing you smile. I didn't like it when you go to talk to Doojoon, smile at him, or hugging him. So I'll ask again. Were we an item before?" Woohyun ask again. Staring into the brown eyes of Sunggyu. Woohyun saw the surprise, and he thought he saw a moment of adoration.

" Woohyun..." Sunggyu wasn't able to think. Woohyun still had feelings for him. Even though Woohyun had forgotten him, he still had feelings for him. Woohyun's heart still remembers him.

" Answer me truthfully." Woohyun said, realizing there must be something between them.

" I didn't know you felt that way Woohyun." Sunggyu lied. He can't tell Woohyun the truth. Woohyun will break.

" Is that all? So all these feelings were unrequited love." Woohyun ask for a confirmation.

" I guess. I didn't know." Sunggyu lied again. He wanted to say that it wasn't an unrequited love. He love him back, but he won't say that. He was going to leave anyway.

Woohyun know there is something else. Sunggyu wasn't completely honest with him. Woohyun somehow knows, but he decided to let of it. It was getting too awkward for him.

" Well then, forget I asked. It's in the past anyway. New me." Woohyun said, turning away, and walking to the room.

Sunggyu let his tears fall after Woohyun had left. That hurts. New Woohyun means new love. It was better this way. Sunggyu will be able to leave in peace. Something he won't be able to if Woohyun didn't forget him.


4 years ago...

Woohyun was the new guy in school. He doesn't like it one it. He have to make new friends, and Woohyun hate the process of it. It was the start of his junior year and hopefully, he doesn't have to move anymore. He wants to stop moving, but his father was recently promoted, so they had to move. 

First day of school wasn't so bad for Woohyun. He liked the school, teachers were polite, and he haven't seen any jerks. Just pretty and flirty girls. Woohyun consider himself straight. He had 2 girlfriends before. Eventhough he wasn't serious with them, he enjoyed being with them to a certain point. He just dated for the safe of having to be able to say yes I've dated before. He didn't want to be the awkward guy that haven't dated anyone. He wasn't a either, Heck he had more partners than girlfriends, but of course always with protection. Eventhough Woohyun had girlfriends and a lot of intimate partners before, he won't say he ever liked them that way. He doesn't like any guys that way either, which he was glad. He didn't have any problem with being gay, but for now, he doesn't feel like having a talk with his parent about it.

The first time Woohyun felt that a guy was attractive was when he got to his 3rd class of the day. It was this guy with an auburn hair. Woohyun didn't admit it at first. He dismissed it as just being teenagers ( whatever that means). The guy was polite, blush easily, very easy to get along with, smart, and Woohyun noticed just how popular he was. Woohyun only admit to how popular the guy was during valentines' day. His desk was filled with chocolate and flowers, not that Woohyun's wasn't. Though the auburn guy was very popular, Woohyun had never seen him with anyone, intimately. 

Though Woohyun was new to the school, after a month, his popularity skyrocket. He sure knew how to charm. Woohyun did talk to the auburn guy a couple of times, Sunggyu was his name. Woohyun thought that name suit the guy a lot. Woohyun was only able to talk to the guy a couple of times in the first few months, but as time progress, so was their relationship. Sunggyu knew all about Woohyun's reputation. Woohyun became the school heartthrob, and people often talk about their nighttime activities with Woohyun too. Sunggyu didn't stop becoming friends with Woohyun because of it, nor did he expect Woohyun to suddenly confessed to him one day.

Sunggyu wasn't just surprised, but also disbelieved. Yes, Woohyun was attractive, hot, and a gentlemen( sometime), but he still has a reputation of sleeping around. Sunggyu isn't sure he is the kind of guy Sunggyu wants in a relationship. The first time Woohyun confessed, that was the response he got. Though Woohyun was disspirited, he didn't give up. Thus Woohyun start courting Sunggyu in his own way. Often times, Sunggyu was amused by how determine Woohyun was. Every effort that Woohyun put in, Sunggyu falls for him a little more. Every effort of courting Sunggyu, Woohyun falls for him more. By the end of Junior year, they became a couple. 

Luckily no one really turn to voilence upon finding out about Woohyun's and Sunggyu's relationship. Though homo relatonship as accepted as they would like, no one deeply frown upon it either. After being in a relationship for 2 years, Sunggyu got to meet Woohyun's parents. To say Sunggyu was scared is an understatement. He was terrified. While they were dating. Woohyun often talk about how hard it would be to talk to his family. 

Sunggyu would often say, " I'm fine. It's ok. They will accept us.'

How wrong Sunggyu was. Woohyun's father threw a fit, and Sunggyu ended up with a few stitches along his abdomen and head. Woohyun was no better, but the fast that Woohyun is his mother's favorite child lessen the injury. Woohyun was so mad that as soon as Sunggyu got better, they left. They left the town, and moved to Seoul. They were just 19 with a few savings. Sunggyu's family helped, but there wasn't much they were able to help with as they are from the middle class.

Sunggyu and Woohyun worked for a year and saved their money. After having enough money, they both decided to continue their study at the university. Sunggyu got a full schlarship, which Woohyun got half of his college expenses paid by scholarship. They decided to work at the cafe, because with the work they did before they won't be able to focus on their school work. 

The real problem start when Sunggyu met Woohyun's parents again.