The Witch

Once Upon A Time... (on hiatus)

“Mrs. Kim, what are you thinking about?” Her secretary, Kim Hyun Joong asked as he stood with a nervous smile as Hyuna was sitting at her desk with the tip of her pen at her lip. She was thinking indeed. Sadly, for anyone, her thoughts were only to be kept to herself. She wouldn’t let anyone know at all.

 

Hyuna turned to him and plastered a satisfied smile and let the pen drop onto her desk, “Nothing, Hyun Joong. But, do you mind leaving my office?”

 

Hyun Joong tilted his head and crossed his arms, “Is there something…wrong? Did I…never mind! Would you want me to bring you back anything?”

 

Hyuna thought for a second, Anything I’d literally want…is something no one can possibly or ever give me.

 

She took a deep breath, “No, but want to know what I’d really love?” She displayed a softened smile and joyous eyes.

 

Hyun Joong seemed confused, so he asked, “What would that be?”

 

“You out of my office,” Hyuna said with an annoyed look. She crossed her arms and leaned her back and sighed in relief.

 

She stood up from her chair and took the folders and files on her desk and stacked them together and turned behind her to open a metal drawer and placed them in there nicely and neatly. Afterwards, she heard a beep from a black gadget thing on her desk with a red button.

 

She pressed the button and held it, “Yes?”

 

A woman cleared and spoke loudly, “Mrs. Hyuna! It’s me, Seohyun. You have a guest.”

 

Hyuna tilted her head, “Who?”

 

She seemed confused. Who had come? She could’ve sworn no one had any appointments with her. She’d for sure have to let this guest down just for the fun of it.

 

“Mr. Choi Siwon is here to see you. His Father—he says his Father sent you an email that he’d be coming to talk about the you know what matters.” Seohyun explained.

 

Hmmm, the handsome boy is here. I did read the emails, Sir Choi said, sadly, I deleted them! I find the Choi Creations Company pretty…famous, perhaps even more than Kim Bum’s??? Maybe…just maybe, I can play a little trick on him? Hyuna thought with a smirk.

 

“Let him in,” Hyuna replied.

 

She lived to fool those around her. She also lived to make people live a miserable life, without knowing it.

 

She didn’t flinch at all or looked bothered when the door to her office opened. Her secretary, who was luckily still there, had opened the door and allowed the younger man in.

 

As always, Choi Siwon wasn’t full of flaws or imperfections. He always looked perfect, which was a good thing that he was the heir of Choi Creations. There were so many heirs to companies that didn’t look right, at least that’s what Hyuna believed.

 

She didn’t love the man, but he was someone indeed very attractive. If she hadn’t known the brave little brat (what she found him as) would turn out into a handsome well-built man. Had she known…she probably would’ve kept her eyes opened.

 

She sat back down and gestured her hand towards one of the seats right in front of her desks. Siwon took the left seat and sat up straight and gentlemanly. He looked like one of the most handsome men she’s ever seen—maybe handsome enough to replace the man she had once known?

 

“Mr. Choi, we must stop meeting up like this,” Hyuna said teasingly knowing she had just seen the handsome young man not too long ago. She wished she had been his friend, not her stubborn step-son that she despised.

 

Siwon chuckled deeply and clasped his hands and laid them on his lap, “Well Mrs. Kim, if I had known you’d be spending time with us or would need a source for money I would’ve warned my father long ago.” He smirked afterwards.

 

He knew her like an open book, something she liked but hated. If he knew that kind of stuff, he might be able to do a better job of being a husband than Kim Bum had been. He hadn’t at all acknowledged her anger when he started avoiding her and went back to looking at pictures of his wife and him.

 

She hated her dead husband—he left her. If only he could’ve held onto his life a little longer…yes, she didn’t blame herself. Why on Earth would she do that? It was him who pissed her off. His son was the problem and her solution was blocking her husband’s son. Sadly she hadn’t gotten anywhere with trying to take away Kim Bum’s attention from Kibum.

 

He allowed it.

 

He was fine with it.

 

She hated how he just accepted her so quickly. She smirked to herself as she remembered that she was like a drug to him. But in result his power was like a drug to her as well. She couldn’t get enough of it, that she was proud of herself. She was able to have things her way.

 

She was wondering to herself whether or not to be polite or not to the young man. She didn’t know him and she didn’t know if she really needed to know anything about Siwon.

 

“May I ask you a question, Mr. Choi?” Hyuna asked as she stared at him with a type of glint in her eyes. She was wondering if he’d notice since he was looking deeply into her eyes. If he really could read her that good he’d see something.

 

Siwon nodded his head, not really replying verbally but she understood that feeling. Just like how no one wanted to listen or obey her none of them wanted to answer her either.

 

“It will not be long till you have to take over the company, next in line to take over Choi Creations." Hyuna began straightforward and clear. She noticed the difference in the young man's face. He looked more interested in what she had to say, he would listen to her now. “Things must be highly planned and expected, am I right?"

 

 

Siwon nodded his head. “Yes indeed, Mrs. Kim. I have many things to tend to and many things I must do in order to stay in line."

 

“I am in need of money for this company and your Father very well knows how much this company meant to Kim Bum." Hyuna said.

 

“You don't know how much my Father is aware of that. Before you came along, my Father and Mr. Kim were good friends, allies. You know nothing." Siwon said, glaring at her.

 

No one knows anything but me, Hyuna thought as she wished she could expose everything to everyone but that she could not do.

 

Hyuna shrugged simply. She spent time trying to convince Kibum she loved Kim Bum. She couldn't waste her time trying to convince another difficult young man that Kim Bum meant the world to her. Besides, if Kibum didn't believe her, who would?

 

“Whatever you say, whatever they say I suppose." Hyuna said.

 

Siwon tilted his head in confusion. “Who is they?"

 

Hyuna smirked. “It doesn't matter. Besides, this company means the world to Kim Bum, correct?"

 

Siwon nodded his head in agreement. Hyuna liked how there wouldn't have to be another controversy. “Not as much as his dear son means to him, or his family. His past wife and son mean the world to him."

 

Of course they would come before me, Hyuna thought bitterly of her former husband who was not here anymore.

 

“Yes, yes. A collaboration of two companies. This is something your Father and I had discussed once upon a time." Hyuna said.

 

“Okay, so? Collaborating. It is an excellent idea indeed. When do we start and how?" Siwon asked, he looked somewhat excited.

 

Hyuna chuckled lightly. He wouldn't like the next part. “Heirs amongst heirs."

 

“Heirs? Me and...Ki..." His words trailed off by recalling memories of his childhood friend and him.

 

Hyuna shook her head. “Not necessarily."

 

Siwon was bemused.

 

“What do you mean?"

 

Hyuna pointed at Siwon with a wider and evil smirk. “We will be spending a ton of time together, young man."

 

 

~~~

 

He was not yet to take over the company and he had a feeling something would go wrong. He had no clue what it was, he really didn't. It was some type of vibe or feeling he definitely could not explain. His teachers, the maids, and servants had gone on about him taking his Father's place, but he never strangely heard Hyuna talk about his coming. He wondered why but he did not care. It was not as if he wished to take it over.

 

College would have been his plan if he had the choice. Hyuna was trying to convince his Father's co-owner friends that he should attend college. But that seemed to only bring suspicion of the woman to Kibum. She seemed a little...too eager to push him in the farthest direction away from the company. Some working experience would be nice, but he knew how it was like to be the type of worker his Father was. It was nothing exciting is what he was able to sum up.

 

Conference meetings had always been planned. There was always work piled for his Father. He was happy when he got a bit older, that his Father had pushed work away to be with him. He noticed there was less of “Hyuna" time for his Father. Kibum did not care about her. She had no right to ever take his Mother's place however she did it. But it did not matter anymore.

 

He couldn't get rid of her. She was his guardian, his stepmother. Hyuna was married to the creator of Kim Corporations; therefore she had some percent of the company? 50%? 70%? He had no clue. He didn't care either.

 

He was in his room doing school work of course. His teacher was there two hours ago and left for the day. When it as lunchtime one of the maids brought him lunch and said he had gotten something from the mail. Kibum had not noticed her when he came and left, too focused on his work. As he went to eat something from the tray of his lunch he saw something besides he tray as well.

 

He found a large orange envelope full of something. He felt shivers run up and down his spine as he picked it up in his hands and stared deeply at it. He saw it said: TO KIBUM. He gulped hardly and opened the envelope by ripping one of the sides. Once the envelope was open, Kibum dug something out of it. He felt some type of material of...a doll? He stopped question what it was in his head and actually took the object out.

 

The object in his hand was indeed a doll. It looked like a boy rather than a girl. The doll had dark short curly hair and light white skin. His lips were really red. He wore a type of black suit. The eyes were only black little crosses and even on the lips there was a black little cross. Kibum could feel paper behind the doll's back, a note. He turned over the doll to see a note indeed and it sent him directly out of this universe.

 

He was given a bloody red apple,

He took it in his hand and took a bite.

He fell into deep sleep, almost dead it seemed,

But he would awaken from a true love's kiss.

The Seven Dwarves placed him in a glass casket in grief.

He was cursed by The Witch.