Destiny's Great Search

Once Upon A Time... (on hiatus)

Life when there were two parts pressuring you as if you had rocks on your back you had carry while climbing a large hill. That's how it was for Lee Donghae. There was so much that had gone for him during his process of living.

He had been only fourteen when life had gone wrong for him. Things had at that time and during that time he was supposed to start high school. That wasn't only supposed to be a good time for him, but for his family.

Days after he turned fourteen, hell broke loose. While he was with his older brother, Donghwa, going out to eating at some food place not too far away from his very own home, things had become strange when they had made their way back home.

Their front door was open and when they entered the living room, everything unexpected had become true. On the living room floor laid their dead parents. There was blood everywhere and holes all over their parents' stomach and chest area.

In fear, Donghae screamed as his older brother grabbed his hand and lead him to their neighbor next door. The cops were called and the boys were taken to an orphange home. Donghwa being ten and Donghae only being five.

As if life hadn't already for Donghae, it even more when they entered the orphanage home. The kids there picked on him for being who he was and every adult who saw him looked annoyed. He wasn't wanted anywhere.

More pain was brought to Donghae when his brother was taken away from him a year later when Donghwa was seventeen and Donghae was about to turn fifteen. He lost his brother to a couple who only wanted one child. A grown boy rather than a kid.

Donghae remained in the orphange home for a long time. He had suffered through the annoyed looks from adults and the bullying from the kids. He missed his family who had been taken away from him in what seemed like seconds.

Once Donghae had turned seventeen, he ran away from the orphange home in Mokpo. He tried searching for his brother, but he got no trace. He couldn't go to the cops because they would think he was in trouble or something when he simply wanted to look for his brother.

Donghwa had been taken by a family and might have even been taken to another continent. For all Donghae knew, his brother could possibly be more than a thousand miles away from him. Donghwa was now twenty two and starting his life while Donghae was seemingly ending his by running away with no thoughts of afterwards.

All he wanted was his family back.

He should've known that wouldn't ever happen.

His family was gone.

Donghae was now wandering the streets with no job and he was definitely too thin from the lack of food. He had temporarily worked as a cashier and received two dollars a day. He had gotten fresh water and that was all. There were a few times when he was able to get food.

After being fired as a cashier for some reason, he was a waiter for a short period of time. When he had volunteered closing up the restaurant, he had taken food from the kitchen and ate as much as he could.

He wanted to head to Seoul, although there was nothing there for him in such a large city. He had made his way from Mokpo to Seoul finally,  which had been a surprise to him. A few saved dollars had given him the ride to Seoul when paying for a bus ticket.

Now that he was in Seoul he was merely wandering around random neighbors. He found nothing interesting at all yet. He would've gone job searching, but he had found his way in the Golden Flower neighborhood. He had thought the name sounded a bit nice and  decided to just wander.

It seemed like all the residents believed he must've lived there or something since no one found him suspicious at all. He couldn't say he was needed anywhere. He wasn't some criminal or against any charges.

He was just minding his own business by wandering around in a street he had no knowledge of. He wasn't planning on staying in this neighborhood. He didn't have a home here and besides, it was probably best to just start finding a job. 

Donghae was about to leave the neighborhood completely, finding the wandering adventure too much. He was probably wasting time just walking around in a random neighborhood. He was about to leave, until he felt himself attracted to one of the houses near the end.

It was a two-story house that was painted purple and there was a yard of green grass. There were no flowers visible anywhere. It seemed like a nice and peaceful house, but for some odd reason he felt like there was more to it than he thought.

It would seem strange for a random person to just go up and knock on the door, so the plan wasn't sane at all to Donghae. But he could handle his curiosity at all. He wanted to go up there and see who would answer when he did. If they would ask about him or just be plain rude to him like he was used to already.

Then again, he found himself heading towards the front door with the same curiosity he felt as he had wandered around in the neighborhood. As he made his way to the front door he noticed the there were three handles. There was a keyhole per handle.

Donghae raised an eyebrow and knocked hard on the door. When he got no reply, he didn't stop. He found this somewhat terrifying,  especially the fact that neighbors were looking his way. He stopped and when he did he heard a loud clink noise from the inside, as if a metal object had fallen on the ground. Along with the clink he heard a thud, someone had fallen.

"Need help?!" Donghae called out as he leaned close to the door. He saw the stares and took a step back.

He looked up and saw a window at the very top where the attic would be. He exhaled deeply and started knocking on the door again. He was curious to what had happened. He hadn't heard the spun of footsteps walking away.

Besides, didn't people answer their doors? What if there was an emergency?

He was a bit surprised when the door finally opened and revealed a young woman with dark brown hair. She wore a white shirt and blue jeans with red boat shoes.

She smiled softly and spoke with a sweet tone. "Good afternoon sir, is there a problem?"

Donghae gulped and chuckled lightly. He rubbed his neck nervously and shook his head. "No, nothing wrong! Um...Your house is beautiful. Nice shade of purple."

The young woman giggled. "It's wild lilac. Besides, it's not my house. I've been babysitting for a long time in this house."

Donghae raised his eyebrows. "Oh? How many kids?"

"Only one." The young woman replied simply.

Donghae tilted his head to the right in confusion. "You're babysitting one kid?"

"Yeah, but he's barely a kid." The young woman replied with an exhausted tone.

"Barely a kid? What's that supposed to mean, miss?" Donghae asked curiously.

The young woman blushed and waved her hand dismissively. "My name is Tiffany. A seventeen year old turning eighteen."

"You're taking care of a..Seventeen year old?" Donghae asked, finding the whole situation ridiculous.

Tiffany nodded her head and burst into laughter. "Oh yes! Allergic to the sun, so he's not able to leave his home."

Donghae's eyes widened in surprise of what Tiffany was saying. "Allergic to the sun you say? Wow. That's...Something."

"I suppose so. But he's messed up enough." Tiffany said, chuckling at the end of her bitter words.

Donghae shook his head. "Will his parents ever let him out of such shelter?"

Tiffany giggled hysterically. "His parents are gone! Hyohyeon is his guardian."

"Hyohyeon?" Donghae asked.

Tiffany nodded. "Yup, besides I've never seen your face before."

"Oh...I'm new to this neighborhood." Donghae responded.

"Ah, well how's the Golden Rose doing for you? Are you convinced it's a good place?" Tiffany asked with with bright smile.

Donghae chuckled and picked out a lie he could tell.  "As a doctor who needs to be assure everyone's safe, I wouldn't mind this place. Why not? I think I'll be buying one of these houses."

"Are you married?" Tiffany asked.

Donghae chuckled lightly and smiled sweetly. "Searching for a wife to treat as a queen, but I think I'll be finding my destined one soon."

"Well, I hope so Dr...." Tiffany said as she waited for him the reply to her.

Donghae thought up of another lie to fed the woman to. "Moon Sun Yeong."

"Well Dr. Moon, I think you've made a friend." Tiffany dairy shaking his hand.

Donghae nodded his head with a chuckle. "I think I have, Miss-"

"Hwang Tiffany." Tiffany responded and giggled with a bright smile. "Even though you already know my name."

"Yeah, well I might as well head off Miss Hwang." Donghae said.

Tiffany waved her head. "Bye."

Donghae nodded his head and walked away from the young woman until the door closed and he couldn't see Tiffany. He went back slowly and placed his ear on the door and searched for any sound coming from the other side.

He had heard a voice.

It belonged to a male's.

He also heard Tiffany's voice. Tiffany must be speaking to the seventeen year old in there. For some odd reason, Donghae wanted to meet the seventeen year old, even if he was "messed up" to Tiffany. He was curious to what the seventeen year old was like.

He grinned and started exiting the neighborhood this time. He knew this wasn't the last time he would be heading into this neighborhood.




~~~



"Who were you talking to?" Eunhyuk asked curiously. He had heard the knocking and the door opening.

He had everyone heard Tiffany in a conversation with a young man's voice. The voice didn't sound familiar at all, but it sounded gentle and sweet. He wondered who the man was. But by the sound of the conversation, it seemed like Tiffany had made a new friend.

Lucky her.

She had friends and he didn't.

Tiffany rolled her eyes and groaned as she turned to face Eunhyuk. "What's it matter to you?"

"I...It was just a question." Eunhyuk said, placing his hands up in defence.

Tiffany rolled her eyes once more and groaned dramatically. "Don't tell your mother."

Eunhyuk would've challenged the woman, but she would've easily done something to him to shut him up. He exhaled deeply and just left to his room. He had remembered the fact that he had forgot something.

He had started making some soup and was using the pan when it fell, he was thankful his feet weren't the pan's victim. He went back to the kitchen and picked up the pan. He then made himself something as simple as toast.

Once he was finished consuming his breakfast, he left and went to his room and continued on with what he was doing. As the hours passed by, he found the young man's voice haunting his head.

Only if he could meet this person.

Only if he could have friends.